Facilities: chemical toilet disposal, rubbish disposal and water point.
|Shepleys Bridge No 4||5½ furlongs|
|Goyt Mill||5 furlongs|
|Eccles Bridge No 3||4½ furlongs|
|Winding Hole between Church Lane and Eccles Bridges||2¾ furlongs|
|Church Lane Bridge No 2||1 furlong|
|Sutton's Lane Bridge No 1||a few yards|
|Peak Forest Canal (Lower)|
|Marple Top Lock No 16||¼ furlongs|
|Marple Top Lock Tail Bridge||¼ furlongs|
|Marple Lock No 16 Pound Arm||½ furlongs|
|Marple Lock No 15||½ furlongs|
|Marple Lock No 14||¾ furlongs|
|Peak Forest Canal (Upper)|
|Top Lock Marine Marina||¾ furlongs|
|Brick Bridge No 19||2 furlongs|
|Strines Road Narrows||4¼ furlongs|
|Hill-Top Footbridge||5½ furlongs|
|Ridge End Bridge No 21||1 mile, ¼ furlongs|
- Marple railway station (Automotive)
992 yards to the north.
- Maple tree Sunny (Restaurant)
1171 yards to the north.
- La Dolce Vita Restaurant and Wine Bar (Italian Restaurant, Wine Bar, Take Out Restaurant)
320 yards to the northwest.
- The Crown Hawk Green (Pub)
1188 yards to the south.
- Marple Canal;) (Outdoors)
225 yards to the north.
- Marple Locks (State Park, Boating)
729 yards to the north.
- Marple Memorial Park (Park)
506 yards to the north.
- Ring O' Bells (Pub, Bar, Arts & Entertainment)
182 yards to the southwest.
- Winnets Pass Peak District (Region)
1566 yards to the north.
- Brabyns Park (Park)
1234 yards to the north.
- The Navigation (Pub)
273 yards to the northwest.
- The Carver theatre (Theater)
231 yards to the northwest.
- Mill Brow, Marple (Region)
1182 yards to the northeast.
- Marple Library (Community Center)
511 yards to the north.
- The Ridge Marple (Home)
819 yards to the south.
- Marple Spice (Indian Restaurant)
301 yards to the northwest.
- Mellor Sports Club (Sports & Recreation)
1570 yards to the east.
- Gresty's Gaff (Residence & Other)
1087 yards to the northwest.
- Marple Vets (Veterinarian)
479 yards to the west.
- Marple Cottage Surgery (Family Doctor, Family Medicine Practice)
155 yards to the west.
- Murillo (Spanish Restaurant, Bar)
511 yards to the northwest.
- Marple Golf Club (Golf Course)
1354 yards to the southwest.
- Rose Hill Primary School (Elementary School)
1248 yards to the northwest.
- The Navigation at Lock 13 (Pub)
266 yards to the northwest.
Wikipedia has a page about Marple Junction
Marple Junction (grid reference SJ961884) is the name of the canal junction where the Macclesfield Canal terminates and meets the Peak Forest Canal at Marple, Greater Manchester, England.
The water of the two canal companies was kept apart by a stop lock in the narrows at the end of the later Macclesfield Canal, but this has long since been de-gated, and the two canals run at the same level.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or