Facilities: chemical toilet disposal, rubbish disposal and water point.
|Shepleys Bridge No 4||5½ furlongs|
|Goyt Mill||5 furlongs|
|Eccles Bridge No 3||4½ furlongs|
|Winding Hole between Church Lane and Eccles Bridges||2¾ furlongs|
|Church Lane Bridge No 2||1 furlong|
|Sutton's Lane Bridge No 1||a few yards|
|Peak Forest Canal (Lower)|
|Marple Top Lock No 16||¼ furlongs|
|Marple Top Lock Tail Bridge||¼ furlongs|
|Marple Lock No 16 Pound Arm||½ furlongs|
|Marple Lock No 15||½ furlongs|
|Marple Lock No 14||¾ furlongs|
|Peak Forest Canal (Upper)|
|Top Lock Marine Marina||¾ furlongs|
|Brick Bridge No 19||2 furlongs|
|Strines Road Narrows||4¼ furlongs|
|Hill-Top Footbridge||5½ furlongs|
|Ridge End Bridge No 21||1 mile, ¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
- The Cheshire Hair Lounge (Hair Salon)
556 to the northwest.
- Marple Social & Forces Club (Social Club)
119 to the east.
- Marple Conservative Club (Arts & Entertainment)
177 to the west.
- The Navigation at Lock 13 (Bar, Pub)
960 to the northwest.
- The Salon of Marple (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
1320 to the west.
- Holben's Healthclub (Gym, Fitness Center)
954 to the south.
- Marple Karate - JenDan Shukokai Karate Club - SSK (Sports Club, Fitness Center, Martial Arts)
1300 to the north.
- Rope Race Climbing Centre (Rock Climbing)
954 to the south.
- La Dolce Vita Restaurant and Wine Bar (Italian Restaurant, Take Out Restaurant, Wine Bar)
278 to the northwest.
- AngkorSoul (Cambodian Restaurant)
287 to the northwest.
- South Seven7 (Burger Restaurant)
954 to the north.
- Cloudberry Cafe (Coffee Shop, Cafe)
960 to the northwest.
- Maple tree Sunny (Chinese Restaurant)
1075 to the north.
- The Gingerbread House (Restaurant)
355 to the west.
- Libby's Bread and Wine (Breakfast & Brunch Restaurant, Sandwich Shop)
1016 to the north.
- Saffron of marple (Restaurant)
585 to the northwest.
- Norfolk Arms (Restaurant)
1078 to the north.
- The Hatters Arms (Pub)
468 to the west.
- The Bulls Head (Pub, Sports Bar)
309 to the west.
- The Marple Tavern - 2 (Pub, Sports Bar)
1077 to the west.
- The Crown Hawk Green (Pub)
1084 to the south.
- The Pilates Studio Marple (Yoga & Pilates, Physical Fitness)
289 to the northwest.
- All Saints' Marple (Anglican Church)
457 to the south.
- Marple Lock Flight (Public Places & Attractions)
20 to the northwest.
- 'The Roman Lakes' (Outdoors)
972 to the southeast.
- Marple Spice (Indian Restaurant)
267 to the northwest.
- Marple Memorial Park (Park)
472 to the north.
- Brabyns Park (Park)
1128 to the north.
- Asda Marple (Shopping Mall)
415 to the northwest.
- Costa Coffee Marple (Coffee Shop)
310 to the northwest.
- Life Leisure - Marple (Gym, Fitness Center)
455 to the northwest.
- Marple Cottage Surgery (Family Medicine Practice)
136 to the west.
- All Things Nice (Bakery)
343 to the west.
- The Carver theatre (Theater)
254 to the west.
- Julie's Back Passage (Beer Garden)
663 to the west.
- Marple Swimming Pool (Fitness Center)
448 to the northwest.
- Marple Vets (Veterinarian)
427 to the west.
- Dutsons (Cafe)
981 to the north.
- Ruby Blue Boutique (Women's Clothing Store)
329 to the west.
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water pointThe nearest Water point is here. Others are at:
Nearest Rubbish disposalThe nearest Rubbish disposal is here. Others are at:
Nearest Chemical toilet disposalThe nearest Chemical toilet disposal is here. Others are at: Travel to Whaley Bridge Branch Junction, then on the Peak Forest Canal (Whaley Bridge Branch) to Whaley Bridge Services On the Peak Forest Canal (Upper) in the direction of Bugsworth (end of navigation)
Nearest Place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Marple Junction
Marple Junction (grid reference SJ961884) is the name of the canal junction where the Macclesfield Canal terminates and meets the Peak Forest Canal at Marple, Greater Manchester, England.
The water of the two canal companies was kept apart by a stop lock in the narrows at the end of the later Macclesfield Canal, but this has long since been de-gated, and the two canals run at the same level.