Facilities: chemical toilet disposal, rubbish disposal and water point.
|Shepleys Bridge No 4||5½ furlongs|
|Goyt Mill||5 furlongs|
|Eccles Bridge No 3||4½ furlongs|
|Winding Hole between Church Lane and Eccles Bridges||2¾ furlongs|
|Church Lane Bridge No 2||1 furlong|
|Sutton's Lane Bridge No 1||a few yards|
|Peak Forest Canal (Lower)|
|Marple Top Lock No 16||¼ furlongs|
|Marple Top Lock Tail Bridge||¼ furlongs|
|Marple Lock No 16 Pound Arm||½ furlongs|
|Marple Lock No 15||½ furlongs|
|Marple Lock No 14||¾ furlongs|
|Peak Forest Canal (Upper)|
|Top Lock Marine Marina||¾ furlongs|
|Brick Bridge No 19||2 furlongs|
|Strines Road Narrows||4¼ furlongs|
|Hill-Top Footbridge||5½ furlongs|
|Ridge End Bridge No 21||1 mile, ¼ furlongs|
- Marple Social & Forces Club (Social Club)
133 yards to the east.
- Rose Hill Marple railway station (Train Station)
1284 yards to the west.
- Marple railway station (Landmark, Train Station)
991 yards to the north.
- Peak Forest Canal (Tourist Attraction)
1137 yards to the north.
- Libby's Bread and Wine (Breakfast & Brunch Restaurant, Sandwich Shop)
1061 yards to the north.
- Maple tree Sunny (Restaurant)
1171 yards to the north.
- All Saints' Marple (Anglican Church)
558 yards to the south.
- Marple Canal;) (Outdoors)
225 yards to the north.
- Marple Locks (State Park, Boating)
729 yards to the north.
- Marple Memorial Park (Park)
507 yards to the north.
- Mill Brow, Marple (Region)
1182 yards to the northeast.
- Marple Library (Community Center)
511 yards to the north.
- Brabyns Park (Park)
1432 yards to the north.
- Mellor Sports Club (Sports & Recreation)
1570 yards to the east.
- Cheadle and Marple Sixth Form College (School)
878 yards to the west.
- Marple Cottage Surgery (Family Doctor, Family Medicine Practice)
155 yards to the west.
- Murillo (Spanish Restaurant, Bar)
511 yards to the northwest.
- Lamb Inn Chinley (Beer Garden)
344 yards to the east.
- Ring O' Bells (Pub, Bar, Arts & Entertainment)
182 yards to the southwest.
- The Carver theatre (Theater)
231 yards to the northwest.
- Marple Train Station (Community & Government)
1008 yards to the north.
- Marple Christmas Cracker Markets (Arts & Entertainment)
452 yards to the northwest.
- Marple Vets (Veterinarian)
479 yards to the west.
- The Navigation at Lock 13 (Pub)
266 yards to the northwest.
Wikipedia has a page about Marple Junction
Marple Junction (grid reference SJ961884) is the name of the canal junction where the Macclesfield Canal terminates and meets the Peak Forest Canal at Marple, Greater Manchester, England.
The water of the two canal companies was kept apart by a stop lock in the narrows at the end of the later Macclesfield Canal, but this has long since been de-gated, and the two canals run at the same level.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or