Facilities: chemical toilet disposal, rubbish disposal and water point.
|Shepleys Bridge No 4||5½ furlongs|
|Goyt Mill||5 furlongs|
|Eccles Bridge No 3||4½ furlongs|
|Winding Hole between Church Lane and Eccles Bridges||2¾ furlongs|
|Church Lane Bridge No 2||1 furlong|
|Sutton's Lane Bridge No 1||a few yards|
|Peak Forest Canal (Lower)|
|Marple Top Lock No 16||¼ furlongs|
|Marple Top Lock Tail Bridge||¼ furlongs|
|Marple Lock No 16 Pound Arm||½ furlongs|
|Marple Lock No 15||½ furlongs|
|Marple Lock No 14||¾ furlongs|
|Peak Forest Canal (Upper)|
|Top Lock Marine Marina||¾ furlongs|
|Brick Bridge No 19||2 furlongs|
|Strines Road Narrows||4¼ furlongs|
|Hill-Top Footbridge||5½ furlongs|
|Ridge End Bridge No 21||1 mile, ¼ furlongs|
- Rose Hill Marple railway station (Train Station)
1284 yards to the west.
- Marple railway station (Landmark, Train Station)
1002 yards to the north.
- La Dolce Vita Restaurant and Wine Bar (Italian Restaurant, Wine Bar, Take Out Restaurant)
325 yards to the northwest.
- Libby's Bread and Wine (Breakfast & Brunch Restaurant, Sandwich Shop)
1062 yards to the northeast.
- The Bulls Head (Pub, Sports Bar)
336 yards to the west.
- Marple Cricket & Squash Club (Sports Club)
968 yards to the northwest.
- Rope Race Climbing Centre (Rock Climbing, Sports Venue & Stadium)
1032 yards to the southwest.
- Marple Canal;) (Outdoors)
202 yards to the northwest.
- Marple Locks (State Park, Boating)
623 yards to the north.
- Marple Memorial Park (Park)
539 yards to the north.
- Marple Cottage Surgery (Family Doctor, Family Medicine Practice)
150 yards to the west.
- Costa Coffee Marple (Coffee Shop, Restaurant)
336 yards to the northwest.
- Marple Rugby Club (Sports Club)
1477 yards to the west.
- Marple Medical Practice (Family Doctor)
550 yards to the northwest.
- Alfies Tearoom /Bar (Tea Room)
301 yards to the northwest.
- Norfolk Arms (Pub)
1171 yards to the north.
- Mellor Sports Club (Sports & Recreation)
1570 yards to the east.
- Marple Vets (Veterinarian)
535 yards to the west.
- The Railway Pub (Pub)
1397 yards to the west.
- Marple College (School)
574 yards to the west.
- Hawk Green Cricket Club (Sports Club)
1217 yards to the south.
- Ridge Danyers College (College & University)
561 yards to the west.
- The Navigation at Lock 13 (Pub)
292 yards to the northwest.
Wikipedia has a page about Marple Junction
Marple Junction (grid reference SJ961884) is the name of the canal junction where the Macclesfield Canal terminates and meets the Peak Forest Canal at Marple, Greater Manchester, England.
The water of the two canal companies was kept apart by a stop lock in the narrows at the end of the later Macclesfield Canal, but this has long since been de-gated, and the two canals run at the same level.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or