Braunston Tunnel (West end)
|Braunston Lock No 3||4½ furlongs|
|Braunston Lock No 4||3½ furlongs|
|Braunston Lock No 5||3 furlongs|
|Braunston Top Lock Bridge No 5||2½ furlongs|
|Braunston Top Lock No 6||2¼ furlongs|
|Braunston Tunnel (West end)|
|Braunston Tunnel (East end)||1 mile, 1¼ furlongs|
|Welton Wharf Bridge No 6||1 mile, 2¾ furlongs|
|Thrupp Covert Bridge No 7||2 miles, 1 furlong|
|Lords Bridge No 8||2 miles, 3¼ furlongs|
|Water Lane Bridge No 9||2 miles, 5 furlongs|
- Middlemore Farm (Pub, Bar & Grill, British Restaurant)
982 yards to the southeast.
- The Admiral Nelson (Food & Restaurant)
1249 yards to the northwest.
- Meguiar's UK (Car Wash & Detailing)
1434 yards to the south.
- Hankook Tyres (Tire Dealer)
1165 yards to the south.
- Toolstation Daventry (Other)
1589 yards to the south.
- Meguiar's UK HQ (Car Wash & Detailing)
1430 yards to the south.
- Ben & Mel's Cosy Love Cage (Home)
1031 yards to the southeast.
- Home At Braunston (Home)
1485 yards to the northwest.
- Saints Rugby Stadium Northampton (Sports Venue & Stadium)
1041 yards to the southeast.
- Drayton Reservoir (Reservoir, Lake)
1266 yards to the southeast.
- DHL Daventry Heartlands (Professional Services, Workplace & Office)
1390 yards to the southeast.
- B & V Water Treatment (Water Filtration & Treatment)
1439 yards to the south.
- The Beauty Room (Beauty Salon)
1331 yards to the southeast.
Wikipedia has a page about Braunston Tunnel
Braunston Tunnel is situated on the Grand Union Canal about 830 yds (760 km) east of Braunston, Northamptonshire, England top lock.
Braunston Tunnel is 2,042 yards (1,867 m) in length. Built by Jessop and Barnes, the tunnel has no towpath and is 4.8m wide by 3.76m high.
It was opened in 1796. Its construction was delayed by soil movement and it was probably the resulting movement that lead to the tunnel having a slight 'S' bend in its length. There is room for two 7 ft beam boats to pass. There are three air shafts along its length.
The tunnel passes underground alongside another Grand Union Canal feature, Drayton Reservoir from which the feeder enters the canal at the east end of the tunnel.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or