Tuel Lane Tunnel (East end)
Copyright: Charles Lyne
Taken: 23 September 2006
It's a bit daunting as the boat crews have to get instructions for entering the lock beyond and permission to do so from the lock keeper before going into the tunnel.
|Sowerby Footbridge||2¼ furlongs|
|Tower Hill Bridge||1½ furlongs|
|Tower Hill Winding Hole||1¼ furlongs|
|Tuel Lane Lock No 3||¾ furlongs|
|Tuel Lane Tunnel (West end)||½ furlongs|
|Tuel Lane Tunnel (East end)|
|Sowerby Bridge Lock No 2||¼ furlongs|
|Sowerby Bridge Winding Hole||¾ furlongs|
|Sowerby Bridge Lock No 1||1¼ furlongs|
|Sowerby Bridge Junction||2¾ furlongs|
- Sowerby Bridge railway station (Train Station)
185 yards to the south.
- Deli Belge (Food & Grocery)
121 yards to the northeast.
- Sugar,Spice n all Stuff iced (Food & Grocery)
255 yards to the west.
- Academy Divers (Sports & Recreation)
148 yards to the east.
- The Moorings Pub & Kitchen (Bar, Beer Garden, British Restaurant)
218 yards to the east.
- Gimbals Restaurant (Restaurant)
112 yards to the northeast.
- Temujin Sowerby Bridge (Mongolian Restaurant)
220 yards to the east.
- Salt bar and grill (Wine Bar, New American Restaurant)
266 yards to the east.
- Kipling's Restaurant (Restaurant)
336 yards to the southwest.
- Rare Bar and Grill (Bar & Grill)
348 yards to the west.
- Rochdale Canal (Landmark)
127 yards to the west.
- The Commercial Inn, Sowerby Bridge - Wetherspoon (Bar & Grill, Pub)
47 yards to the west.
- The Fire House (Restaurant)
370 yards to the west.
- Syhiba (Indian Restaurant)
102 yards to the northeast.
- Java Village (Indian Restaurant)
167 yards to the northeast.
- Sowerby Bridge Pool and Fitness Centre (Swimming Pool, Gym)
420 yards to the southwest.
- Darios (Pizza Place)
151 yards to the west.
- The Works (Pub, Bar)
420 yards to the west.
- Jing Jing (Take Out Restaurant)
108 yards to the east.
- Jubilee Refreshment Rooms (Pub)
223 yards to the south.
- Bar Francisca (Pub, Bar)
277 yards to the west.
- Lidl (Grocery Store)
195 yards to the west.
- Sew! at The New Sewing Box (Sewing & Seamstress, Arts & Crafts Supply Store)
40 yards to the west.
There is no page on Wikipedia called “Tuel Lane Tunnel”
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or