Chepstow Railway Bridge
Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Mainline railway stations (2½ furlongs away)
- Sales Academy 2012 (Business Services)
825 yards to the southwest.
- Chepstow Museum (Museum)
448 yards to the west.
- Chepstow railway station (Train Station)
554 yards to the southwest.
- Military Workouts Chepstow (Physical Fitness)
1277 yards to the west.
- Mamma Mia Restaurant Chepstow (Italian Restaurant)
764 yards to the southwest.
- The Two Rivers (Pub, Restaurant)
1429 yards to the southwest.
- Mabey Bridge Chepstow (Business Services, Construction Service & Supply)
456 yards to the southwest.
- Drill Hall (Event Venue)
326 yards to the west.
- The Dell Park (Park)
775 yards to the west.
- The Riverbank (Tourist Attraction)
369 yards to the northwest.
- Chepstow Community Hospital (Hospital)
1591 yards to the west.
- Garden City (Street)
890 yards to the southwest.
- The Riverside Wine Bar (Wine Bar, Food & Restaurant)
324 yards to the northwest.
- Chepstow Comprehensive School (Middle School, Public School)
1347 yards to the west.
- Chepstow Police Station (Police Station, Train Station)
885 yards to the southwest.
- Chepstow Leisure Centre (Swimming Pool, Gym)
1272 yards to the west.
- St Johns On The Hill (Education, Child Care)
554 yards to the north.
- Visit Chepstow (Tourist Information)
462 yards to the west.
Wikipedia has a page about Chepstow Railway Bridge
Chepstow Railway Bridge was built to the instructions of Isambard Kingdom Brunel in 1852. The "Great Tubular Bridge" over the River Wye at Chepstow, which at that point forms the boundary between Wales and England, is considered one of Brunel's major achievements, despite its appearance. It was economical in its use of materials, and would prove to be the design prototype for Brunel's Royal Albert Bridge at Saltash.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or