Sheepwash Channel Railway Bridge
There is a bridge here which takes a railway over the canal.
|Sheepwash Channel Junction||¼ furlongs|
|Sheepwash Channel footbridge||¼ furlongs|
|Roger Dudman Way Footbridge||a few yards|
|Roger Dudman Way Bridge||a few yards|
|Sheepwash Channel Railway Bridge|
|Railway Swing Bridge||a few yards|
|Rewley Road Bridge||¼ furlongs|
|Castle Mill Stream Junction||½ furlongs|
|Isis Lock No 46||¾ furlongs|
|Isis Lock Junction||¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposal
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to Sheepwash Channel Junction, then on the River Thames (above Oxford) to Eynsham Lock Travel to Isis Lock Junction, then on the Oxford Canal (Southern Section - Main Line) to Thrupp Cruising Club Travel to Sheepwash Channel Junction, then on the River Thames (above Oxford) to Osney Bridge, then on the River Thames (below Oxford) to Abingdon Lock
Wikipedia has a page about Sheepwash Channel Railway Bridge
Sheepwash Channel Railway Bridge is a railway bridge over Sheepwash Channel in west Oxford, England, just north of Oxford railway station. To the north are Cripley Meadow and Fiddler's Island. To the south are Osney Island and the Botley Road.
The bridge is close to Rewley Road Swing Bridge just to the east, an older and now disused swing bridge for the former Buckinghamshire Railway line of London and North Western Railway that used to serve the Oxford Rewley Road railway station. It is also close to Rewley Road Bridge to the east. Sheepwash channel links the River Thames with the Oxford Canal via Castle Mill Stream and Isis Lock.
- Little Clarendon Street (Residence, Food & Beverage)
750 yards to the northeast.
- The One (Asian Fusion Restaurant, Bar)
344 yards to the south.
- Cosmo Oxford (Asian Fusion Restaurant, Buffet Restaurant)
902 yards to the east.
- Thirsty Meeples (Restaurant)
731 yards to the east.
- Blenheim Palace (Park, Historical Place)
13071 yards to the northwest.
- University of Oxford (School)
1020 yards to the east.
- Saïd Business School, University of Oxford - MBA (School)
206 yards to the southeast.
- Oxford railway station (Train Station)
266 yards to the south.
- Odeon Cinema (Movie Theater)
746 yards to the east.
- Oxford University Press (Publisher)
538 yards to the northeast.
- Jericho Cafe (Coffee Shop)
705 yards to the northeast.
- The Plush Lounge (Dance & Night Club, Gay Bar)
434 yards to the southeast.
- Opium Den (Restaurant)
655 yards to the east.
- Bamboo Korean Restaurant (Korean Restaurant)
419 yards to the southeast.
- West Oxford Community Centre (Community Center)
463 yards to the southwest.
- Christchurch College, Oxford (Education)
918 yards to the east.
- Turtle Bay, Oxford, United Kingdom (Caribbean Restaurant)
830 yards to the east.
- The Bridge (Dance & Night Club)
447 yards to the southeast.
- Pint Shop, Oxford (Pub)
778 yards to the east.
- Brasenose College (College & University, College & University)
1294 yards to the east.
- The Old Bookbinders Ale House (Pub, French Restaurant)
383 yards to the north.
- The Kite (Steakhouse)
498 yards to the south.
- The Lighthouse (Pub, European Restaurant)
559 yards to the southeast.
- Raoul's Bar (Bar)
621 yards to the northeast.