Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Aliance and Leicester cashpoints (ATM machines) (2, nearest is 5563 away); Barclays Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (473 away); HSBC cashpoints (ATM machines) (547 away); Lloyds Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (487 away); Nationwide Building Society cashpoints (ATM machines) (481 away); Natwest Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (465 away); JD Weatherspoons Pubs (593 away); Morisons's supermarkets (606 away)
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
- The Ritz Cinema Burnham-On-Sea (Entertainment Service, Event Venue)
543 to the east.
- Ritz Social Club (Social Club)
533 to the east.
- Burnham on Sea Food & Drink Festival (Food & Grocery, Event)
586 to the east.
- Burnham-on-Sea Swim & Sports Academy (Swimming Pool, Sports Center)
1077 to the northeast.
- Burnham Bootcamp & Personal Training (Nutritionist, Physical Fitness, Personal Trainer)
1392 to the northeast.
- Calm (Coffee Shop)
543 to the east.
- Crafty Teacup Cafe (Tea Room, Cafe)
583 to the east.
- Chatterbox cafe (Cafe)
575 to the east.
- The Artful Dodger (Cafe)
716 to the east.
- Take Two Coffee Shop (Restaurant, Coffee Shop)
551 to the east.
- Waterfront Cafe/Bar (Coffee Shop)
521 to the southeast.
- The Old Pier Tavern (Sports Bar, Bands & Musicians)
638 to the southeast.
- The Boathouse, Lakeside Holiday Park (Performance Venue)
1165 to the east.
- Princess Theatre and Arts Centre (Performance Venue, Auditorium)
636 to the east.
- Delux 6 Berth Burnham On Sea Caravan (Professional Services)
1302 to the southeast.
- Haven Holiday Park, Burnham on Sea, Somerset (RV Park, Resort)
1186 to the southeast.
- Costa Coffee (Coffee Shop)
608 to the southeast.
- Reeds Arms (Pub, Bar)
614 to the southeast.
- Burnham on Sea beach (Region)
576 to the southeast.
- The Pier Pavillion (Arcade)
462 to the east.
- Weatherspoons, Burnham On Sea (Bar)
626 to the southeast.
- Wetherspoons (Restaurant)
614 to the southeast.
- Hallmark Tattoos (Artistic Services, Tattoo & Piercing)
648 to the east.
- Hair of the Dog (Pet Service, Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
572 to the east.
- Frydays (Fish & Chips Shop, Fast Food Restaurant)
588 to the southeast.
- Costa Coffee Burnham (Coffee Shop, European Restaurant)
612 to the east.
- Fortes Ice Cream Parlour Burnham On Sea (Ice Cream Parlor)
655 to the southeast.
- Prim N Proper (Hair Salon, Beauty Salon, Spa)
920 to the southeast.
- Is In Sunny Burnham On Sea (Beach Resort)
517 to the east.
- Sunny Burnham on Sea (RV Park)
471 to the east.
- Mr Beans (Coffee Shop)
581 to the east.
- Dunstan House (Lodging, Bar)
791 to the east.
- Burnham-On-Sea Holiday Village (RV Park)
1230 to the southeast.
- Zalsha (Indian Restaurant)
594 to the east.
- BOS Cafe (Cafe)
569 to the east.
- The Victoria Hotel (Place to Eat/Drink, Hotel)
587 to the east.
- Burnhan on Sea (RV Park)
1491 to the east.
- Taste of The Orient (Chinese Restaurant)
542 to the east.
- Mash And Barrell (Bar)
1188 to the southeast.
- Showbar @ Burnham-on-Sea (Lodging)
1192 to the southeast.
- Chandni Indian Cuisine (Indian Restaurant)
570 to the east.
- The Retreat (RV Park)
1393 to the north.
- The Rosewood (Pub, Bar)
1428 to the east.
- The Mitre (Restaurant, Bar)
550 to the east.
- Bos Hair Colour Specialists (Hair Salon, Cosmetics & Beauty Supply, Tanning Salon)
678 to the southeast.
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Wikipedia has a page about Burnham-on-Sea
Burnham-on-Sea is a town in Somerset, England, at the mouth of the River Parrett and Bridgwater Bay. Burnham was a small fishing village until the late 18th century, when it began to grow because of its popularity as a seaside resort. It forms part of the parish of Burnham-on-Sea and Highbridge and shares a town council with its neighbouring market town of Highbridge. According to the 2011 census the population of the parish (i.e. including Highbridge) was 19,576, of which the populations of the wards of Burnham Central and Burnham North, which made up most of the town, totalled 13,601.
The position of the town on the edge of the Somerset Levels and moors where they meet the Bristol Channel, has resulted in a history dominated by land reclamation and sea defences since Roman times. Burnham was seriously affected by the Bristol Channel floods of 1607, with the present curved concrete wall being completed in 1988. There have been many shipwrecks on the Gore Sands, which lie just offshore and can be exposed at low tides. Lighthouses are hence prominent landmarks in the town, with the original lighthouse known as the Round Tower built to replace the light on the top of the 14th century tower of St Andrews Church. The 110-foot (34-metre) pillar or High Lighthouse and the low wooden pile lighthouse or Lighthouse on legs on the beach were built to replace it. The town's first lifeboat was provided in 1836 by the Corporation of Bridgwater.
A stone pier was built in 1858 by the Somerset Central Railway. Soon afterwards, in 1860, a steamer service to Wales was inaugurated, but it was never a commercial success, and ended in 1888. Burnham-on-Sea railway station was the terminus of the Burnham branch of the Somerset and Dorset Joint Railway. It opened in 1858, closed to scheduled passenger traffic in 1951, and stopped being used for excursions in 1962. The former Great Western Railway station is now known as Highbridge and Burnham. A second pier, built of concrete between 1911 and 1914, is claimed to be the shortest pier in Britain.