Summit Tunnel (Southeast end)
|M5 Motorway over Old Main Line (West end)||5 furlongs|
|M5 Motorway over Old Main Line (East end)||3¼ furlongs|
|Summit Rail Bridge||¾ furlongs|
|Summit Bridge||½ furlongs|
|Summit Tunnel (Northwest end)||½ furlongs|
|Summit Tunnel (Southeast end)|
|Pump House (old line)||2¾ furlongs|
|Brasshouse Lane Bridge||3 furlongs|
|Engine Arm Junction||5 furlongs|
|Smethwick Top Lock||5½ furlongs|
|Smethwick Top Lock Footbridge||5½ furlongs|
- Smethwick Galton Bridge railway station (Landmark, Train Station)
258 yards to the west.
- Desi 2 (Bar & Grill)
588 yards to the west.
- USG Optical Services ltd (Manufacturing, Wholesale & Supply Store)
523 yards to the south.
- The Hawthorns (Sports Venue & Stadium)
1316 yards to the northeast.
- Guru Nanak Gurdwara Smethwick (Sikh Temple, Religious Organization)
849 yards to the southeast.
- 2 Sisters Site A Smethwick (Business Services)
222 yards to the east.
- Gurdwara Baba Sang Ji (Sikh Temple)
386 yards to the south.
- Smethwick High Street (Shopping Mall)
649 yards to the southeast.
- Night Inn, Smethwick (Event Venue, Arts & Entertainment, Pub)
277 yards to the southeast.
- The Blue Gates (Pub, Dive Bar)
734 yards to the southeast.
- 2/Halves (Bands & Musicians, Music Production)
515 yards to the southwest.
- Island Inn (Bar & Grill, Wine Bar, Lodging)
1315 yards to the northwest.
- The Red Fort (Pub, Barbecue Restaurant)
652 yards to the southeast.
- The Sportsman (Bar & Grill, Sports Bar, Barbecue Restaurant)
1423 yards to the north.
- Waggon & Horses (Pub)
684 yards to the east.
- West Smethwick Park (Park)
1128 yards to the southwest.
- M5 Motorway (Highway)
1429 yards to the west.
Wikipedia has a page about Summit Tunnel
The Summit Tunnel in England is one of the oldest railway tunnels in the world: it was built between 1838 and 1841 by the Manchester and Leeds Railway beneath the Pennines. The tunnel is located between Littleborough and Walsden, Todmorden and created a vital gateway between Manchester and Leeds.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or