Summit Tunnel (Southeast end)
|M5 Motorway over Old Main Line (West end)||5 furlongs|
|M5 Motorway over Old Main Line (East end)||3¼ furlongs|
|Summit Rail Bridge||¾ furlongs|
|Summit Bridge||½ furlongs|
|Summit Tunnel (Northwest end)||½ furlongs|
|Summit Tunnel (Southeast end)|
|Pump House (old line)||2¾ furlongs|
|Brasshouse Lane Bridge||3 furlongs|
|Engine Arm Junction||5 furlongs|
|Smethwick Top Lock||5½ furlongs|
|Smethwick Top Lock Footbridge||5½ furlongs|
- Smethwick Galton Bridge railway station (Landmark, Train Station)
257 yards to the west.
- Ikea Builder Flat Pack Furniture Builder - Birmingham (Home, Real Estate)
653 yards to the northwest.
- The Hawthorns (Sports Venue & Stadium)
1320 yards to the northeast.
- Guru Nanak Gurdwara Smethwick (Sikh Temple, Religious Organization)
849 yards to the southeast.
- Smethwick High Street (Shopping Mall)
441 yards to the south.
- Night Inn, Smethwick (Event Venue, Arts & Entertainment, Pub)
277 yards to the southeast.
- Gurdwara Baba Sang Ji (Sikh Temple)
386 yards to the south.
- West Midlands Fire Service Academy (Community & Government)
338 yards to the east.
- The Red Fort (Pub, Barbecue Restaurant)
652 yards to the southeast.
- Allseasonsdiy (Garden Center)
571 yards to the southeast.
- Lewisham Park (Park)
414 yards to the southeast.
Wikipedia has a page about Summit Tunnel
The Summit Tunnel in England is one of the oldest railway tunnels in the world: it was built between 1838 and 1841 by the Manchester and Leeds Railway beneath the Pennines. The tunnel is located between Littleborough and Walsden, Todmorden and created a vital gateway between Manchester and Leeds.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or