Copyright: Chris Houston
Taken: 6 August 2005
This photo was taken while I was on a trip on my own from Maidenhead down to Windsor and back.
Facilities: rubbish disposal and toilets.
This is a lock with a rise of 4f9.
|Maidenhead Railway Bridge||1 mile|
|Maidenhead Reach||5¼ furlongs|
|Bray Mill Weir Entrance||2¾ furlongs|
|Headpile Eyot||1½ furlongs|
|Bray Lock Weir Entrance||¾ furlongs|
|Bray Lock Weir Exit||¼ furlongs|
|New Thames Motorway Bridge||1¾ furlongs|
|Monkey Island||3½ furlongs|
|Summerleaze Footbridge||5 furlongs|
|Thames - The Cut Junction||5¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointOn this waterway in the direction of Teddington Lock Weir Exit
Nearest rubbish disposalThe nearest rubbish disposal is here. Others are at: On this waterway in the direction of Teddington Lock Weir Exit
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Teddington Lock Weir Exit On this waterway in the direction of Osney Bridge
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Teddington Lock Weir Exit
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Bray Lock
Bray Lock is a lock and weir on the River Thames in England near Bray and Dorney Reach, and is just above the M4 Bridge across the Thames. The lock is on the Buckinghamshire side of the river on the opposite bank from Bray itself and Maidenhead which are in Berkshire. Here, the county line stands roughly halfway between the lock and the opposite bank, following the course of the Thames itself. The pound lock was built by the Thames Navigation Commission relatively late in 1845 The lock keeper's cottage is on an island (Parting Eyot) between the lock and the weir.
The weir is almost level with the lock and runs straight across to the opposite bank from the other side of the lock island.
- Once Upon a Bus (Event Venue, Educational Organization, Community Organization)
700 to the south.
- Riverside Brasserie (Fine Dining Restaurant)
1334 to the southeast.
- Riverside Marquee (Wedding Planning, Event Venue, Event)
561 to the southeast.
- Taplow Lake (Lake, Outdoor Recreation)
142 to the north.
- Wakeplus (Outdoor Recreation, Surfing Spot, Sports Instruction)
1244 to the north.
- Bray Village Hall (Community Center)
817 to the west.
- The Fat Duck (Fine Dining Restaurant)
830 to the west.
- Amerden Caravan and Camping Park (RV Park, Outdoor Recreation)
303 to the southeast.
- M4 Thames Bridge (Bridge)
431 to the southeast.
- Caldesi in Campagna (Italian Restaurant)
555 to the west.
- The Waterside Inn, Bray (French Restaurant)
648 to the west.
- Monkey Island Hotel, Bray (Hotel)
795 to the southeast.
- Engage Watersports (Education)
1195 to the north.
- Bray Marina (Marina)
1368 to the southeast.
- UK Bungee Club (Sports & Recreation)
1034 to the south.
- Olympic Rowing Lake, Dorney (Sports & Recreation)
1427 to the southeast.
- Riverside Brasserie, Bray Marina (Restaurant)
1335 to the southeast.
- Oldfield Primary School (Elementary School)
1331 to the northwest.
- The Hair & Beauty HutPIA (Hair Salon)
403 to the southwest.
- The Crown at Bray (Restaurant, Pub)
839 to the west.
- The Hinds Head Bray (British Restaurant, Bar)
832 to the west.
- Dorney Village Hall (Event Venue, Community Center, Community Organization)
701 to the east.
- Bray Lake Watersports (Outdoor Recreation)
1068 to the south.
- Bray Lake Open Water Swimming (Sports Club, Outdoor Recreation)
1072 to the south.
- Bray Lock (Boating)
127 to the southwest.
- Dorney Court (Historical Place)
1250 to the southeast.
- St Michael's Church, Bray (Church)
836 to the west.