Copyright: Chris Houston
Taken: 6 August 2005
This photo was taken while I was on a trip on my own from Maidenhead down to Windsor and back.
Facilities: rubbish disposal and toilets.
This is a lock with a rise of 4f9.
|Maidenhead Railway Bridge||1 mile|
|Maidenhead Reach||5¼ furlongs|
|Bray Mill Weir Entrance||2¾ furlongs|
|Headpile Eyot||1½ furlongs|
|Bray Lock Weir Entrance||¾ furlongs|
|Bray Lock Weir Exit||¼ furlongs|
|New Thames Motorway Bridge||1¾ furlongs|
|Monkey Island||3½ furlongs|
|Summerleaze Footbridge||5 furlongs|
|Thames - The Cut Junction||5¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water pointOn this waterway in the direction of Teddington Lock Weir Exit
Nearest Rubbish disposalThe nearest Rubbish disposal is here. Others are at: On this waterway in the direction of Teddington Lock Weir Exit
Nearest Chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Teddington Lock Weir Exit On this waterway in the direction of Osney Bridge
Nearest Place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Bray Lock
Bray Lock is a lock and weir on the River Thames in England near Bray and Dorney Reach, and is just above the M4 Bridge across the Thames. The lock is on the Buckinghamshire side of the river on the opposite bank from Bray itself and Maidenhead which are in Berkshire. Here, the county line stands roughly halfway between the lock and the opposite bank, following the course of the Thames itself. The pound lock was built by the Thames Navigation Commission relatively late in 1845 The lock keeper's cottage is on an island (Parting Eyot) between the lock and the weir.
The weir is almost level with the lock and runs straight across to the opposite bank from the other side of the lock island.
- The Crown at Bray (Restaurant, Pub)
839 to the west.
- The Hinds Head Bray (British Restaurant, Bar)
832 to the west.
- Lake House Café (Cafe, Lake)
1235 to the north.
- The Hair & Beauty HutPIA (Hair Salon)
318 to the southwest.
- Riverside Marquee (Wedding Planning, Event Venue, Event)
565 to the southeast.
- Taplow Lake (Outdoor Recreation, Lake)
142 to the north.
- Bray Lake Open Water Swimming (Sports Club, Outdoor Recreation)
1072 to the south.
- Bray Village Hall (Community Center)
817 to the west.
- Oldfield Primary School (Elementary School)
1331 to the northwest.
- The Waterside Inn, Bray (French Restaurant)
729 to the west.
- Amerden Caravan and Camping Park (RV Park, Outdoor Recreation)
297 to the southeast.
- Bray Marina (Marina)
1368 to the southeast.
- Engage Watersports (Education)
1195 to the north.
- Jubilee River, Taplow (River)
789 to the northeast.
- Bray Village (Place to EatDrink, Education, Residence)
835 to the west.
- Monkey Island Hotel, Bray (Hotel)
795 to the southeast.
- Harvester Dumb Bell (Restaurant, Arts & Entertainment)
1492 to the north.
- First Great Western Train (Railroad)
1481 to the north.
- Bray Lake (Lake)
1330 to the southwest.
- Olympic Rowing Lake, Dorney (Sports & Recreation)
1427 to the southeast.
- The Fat Duck (Fine Dining Restaurant)
830 to the west.