Copyright: Chris Houston
Taken: 6 August 2005
This photo was taken while I was on a trip on my own from Maidenhead down to Windsor and back.
Facilities: rubbish disposal and toilets.
This is a lock with a rise of 4f9.
|Maidenhead Railway Bridge||1 mile|
|Maidenhead Reach||5¼ furlongs|
|Bray Mill Weir Entrance||2¾ furlongs|
|Headpile Eyot||1½ furlongs|
|Bray Lock Weir Entrance||¾ furlongs|
|Bray Lock Weir Exit||¼ furlongs|
|New Thames Motorway Bridge||1¾ furlongs|
|Monkey Island||3½ furlongs|
|Summerleaze Footbridge||5 furlongs|
|Thames - The Cut Junction||5¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointOn this waterway in the direction of Teddington Lock Weir Exit
Nearest rubbish disposalThe nearest rubbish disposal is here. Others are at: On this waterway in the direction of Teddington Lock Weir Exit
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Teddington Lock Weir Exit On this waterway in the direction of Osney Bridge
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Teddington Lock Weir Exit
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Bray Lock
Bray Lock is a lock and weir on the River Thames in England near Bray and Dorney Reach, and is just above the M4 Bridge across the Thames. The lock is on the Buckinghamshire side of the river on the opposite bank from Bray itself and Maidenhead which are in Berkshire. Here, the county line stands roughly halfway between the lock and the opposite bank, following the course of the Thames itself. The pound lock was built by the Thames Navigation Commission relatively late in 1845 The lock keeper's cottage is on an island (Parting Eyot) between the lock and the weir.
The weir is almost level with the lock and runs straight across to the opposite bank from the other side of the lock island.
- Once Upon a Bus (Community Organization, Playground)
700 to the south.
- Dorney Village Hall (Community Organization, Community & Government, Performance Venue)
701 to the east.
- Riverside Marquee (Wedding Planning, Event)
561 to the southeast.
- Bray Village Hall (Community Center)
817 to the west.
- M4 Thames Bridge (Landmark)
431 to the southeast.
- The Fat Duck (Fast Food Restaurant)
830 to the west.
- The Waterside Inn, Bray (French Restaurant)
648 to the west.
- Bray Cruiser Club (Sports & Recreation, Social Club)
694 to the south.
- Fat Duck Restaurant By Heston Blumenthal (French Restaurant)
836 to the west.
- Bray Lake Segway Rally (Professional Service, Arts & Entertainment)
1047 to the south.
- Amerden Caravan and Camping Park (RV Park, Sports & Recreation)
273 to the east.
- Monkey Island Hotel, Bray (Hotel)
795 to the southeast.
- Bella Italia (Italian Restaurant)
1467 to the north.
- UK Bungee Club (Sports & Recreation)
1034 to the south.
- Thames Valley Adventure Playground (Playground)
1397 to the north.
- Riverside Brasserie, Bray Marina (Restaurant)
1335 to the southeast.
- Caldesi in Campagna (Fast Food Restaurant)
555 to the west.
- Engage Watersports (Education, Education)
1195 to the north.
- Harvester Dumb Bell (Fast Food Restaurant)
1492 to the north.
- Bray Marina (Marina)
1368 to the southeast.
- West Town Farm (Veterinarian)
1455 to the northeast.
- The Dumbell (Bar & Grill)
1493 to the north.
- Dorney School (School)
688 to the southeast.
- Bray Hair Studio (Hair Salon)
821 to the west.
- Hills and Saunders Photographers Est.1852 (Photographer)
852 to the east.
- The Waterside Inn at Bray for Lunch (British Restaurant)
652 to the west.
- The Edwardian Marquee (Performance Venue)
583 to the southeast.
- Shell (Automotive)
1458 to the north.
- Sytner Maidenhead (Car Dealership)
1467 to the north.
- The Hair & Beauty Hut (Hair Salon)
403 to the southwest.
- Oldfield Primary School (Elementary School)
1331 to the northwest.
- The Hinds Head Bray (British Restaurant, Bar)
832 to the west.
- The Crown at Bray (Restaurant, Pub)
839 to the west.
- Lake House Café (Cafe, Lake)
1235 to the north.
- Bray Lake Open Water Swimming (Sports Club)
1072 to the south.
- Bray Lock (Sports & Recreation)
127 to the southwest.
- Taplow Lake (Sports & Recreation, Lake)
142 to the north.
- St Michael's Church, Bray (Christian Church)
836 to the west.
- Dorney Court (Museum)
1250 to the southeast.
- Wakeplus (Surfing Spot, Sports Instruction, Travel & Transportation)
1244 to the north.