Copyright: Chris Houston
Taken: 6 August 2005
This photo was taken while I was on a trip on my own from Maidenhead down to Windsor and back.
Facilities: rubbish disposal and toilets.
This is a lock with a rise of 4f9.
|Maidenhead Railway Bridge||1 mile|
|Maidenhead Reach||5¼ furlongs|
|Bray Mill Weir Entrance||2¾ furlongs|
|Headpile Eyot||1½ furlongs|
|Bray Lock Weir Entrance||¾ furlongs|
|Bray Lock Weir Exit||¼ furlongs|
|New Thames Motorway Bridge||1¾ furlongs|
|Monkey Island||3½ furlongs|
|Summerleaze Footbridge||5 furlongs|
|Thames - The Cut Junction||5¼ furlongs|
- The Hair & Beauty Hut/PIA (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
441 yards to the southwest.
- Bray Lake Watersports (Sports & Recreation)
1185 yards to the south.
- The Waterside Inn (Organization, Restaurant)
714 yards to the west.
- The Fat Duck (Fine Dining Restaurant)
908 yards to the west.
- The Hinds Head Bray (Pub, Restaurant, Bar)
924 yards to the west.
- The Crown at Bray (Pub, Gastropub)
922 yards to the west.
- Bray Lake Segway Rally (Sports & Recreation)
1175 yards to the south.
- Bray Marina (Marina)
1518 yards to the southeast.
- Fat Duck Restaurant By Heston Blumenthal (Restaurant)
967 yards to the west.
- UK Bungee Club (Active Life)
1173 yards to the south.
- First Great Western Train (Railroad)
1620 yards to the north.
- Bray Lake (Lake)
1485 yards to the south.
- Dorney Lake, Eaton College (Arts & Entertainment)
1535 yards to the southeast.
- Paddington Station (Train Station)
1625 yards to the northwest.
- Dorney School (School)
746 yards to the southeast.
- Taplow Board and Ski (Medical & Health, Sports & Recreation)
1460 yards to the north.
- Braywick Nature Reserve (Environmental Conservation)
1625 yards to the west.
- Harvester (Restaurant)
1634 yards to the north.
- Caldesi in Campagna (Restaurant)
612 yards to the west.
- Richard Shymansky - Photographer (Photographer)
932 yards to the east.
- Simon Earle Photography (Photographer, Photographic Services & Equipment)
733 yards to the south.
- The Crown Inn (Bar, Pub, Restaurant)
924 yards to the west.
- The Dumbell (Bar & Grill)
1636 yards to the north.
- Dorney Court (Tourist Attraction)
1369 yards to the southeast.
Wikipedia has a page about Bray Lock
Bray Lock is a lock and weir on the River Thames in England near Bray and Dorney and is just above the M4 Bridge across the Thames. The lock is on the Buckinghamshire side of the river on the opposite bank from Bray itself and Maidenhead which are in Berkshire. The pound lock was built by the Thames Navigation Commission relatively late in 1845 The lock keeper's cottage is on an island (Parting Eyot) between the lock and the weir.
The weir is almost level with the lock and runs straight across to the opposite bank from the other side of the lock island.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or