|Birmingham Canal Navigations (Main Line)|
|Cape Arm Junction (closed)||5½ furlongs|
|Soho Railway Bridge||4 furlongs|
|French Walls Basin Bridge||2¼ furlongs|
|Rabone Lane Bridge||1¾ furlongs|
|Smethwick Main Line Turnover Bridge||¼ furlongs|
|Rolfe Bridge||1 furlong|
|Rolfe Pipe Bridge||1¼ furlongs|
|Smethwick Stop||2½ furlongs|
|Engine Arm Aqueduct Overhead||2¾ furlongs|
|Brass House Bridge||5 furlongs|
|Birmingham Canal Navigations (Old Main Line)|
|Smethwick Towing Path Bridge||¼ furlongs|
|Pope Bridge||1½ furlongs|
|Smethwick Bottom Lock No 3||1¾ furlongs|
|Smethwick Middle Lock||2½ furlongs|
|Smethwick Top Lock Footbridge||3½ furlongs|
- MiGlass Limited (Glass Products, Glass Service, Manufacturing)
455 yards to the northeast.
- Sharons Couture (Fashion Designer, Bridal Shop)
410 yards to the west.
- Dawat Kurdish Cuisine (Health Food Restaurant)
1311 yards to the northeast.
- Glassi Junction Bar & Restaurant (Lounge)
296 yards to the southwest.
- Prestige Suite (Event Planning)
260 yards to the northwest.
- The Hawthorns (Sports Venue & Stadium)
1286 yards to the north.
- Guru Nanak Gurdwara Smethwick (Sikh Temple, Religious Organization)
1013 yards to the west.
- Golu Da Dhaba (Indian Restaurant, Family Style Restaurant)
395 yards to the southwest.
- Pure Gym (Fitness Center, Social Club, Gym)
1372 yards to the south.
- Smethwick High Street (Shopping Mall)
1323 yards to the west.
- James Turner Aka Benefit Street (Neighborhood)
1377 yards to the east.
- Victoria Park (Tourist Attraction, Playground, Park)
1163 yards to the southwest.
- The Red Cow (Late Night Restaurant, Pub, Bar)
1094 yards to the southwest.
- McDonald's Restaurant (Fast Food Restaurant)
1375 yards to the northeast.
- Benefits Street (Tourist Attraction, Street)
1366 yards to the east.
Wikipedia has a page about Smethwick Junction
Smethwick Junction is a junction on the Birmingham to Worcester via Kidderminster Line. With Galton Junction, northbound trains on the West Coast Main Line's Rugby-Birmingham-Stafford Line can join the Birmingham to Worcester via Kidderminster Line in a westbound direction.
Until the re-opening of Birmingham Snow Hill for stations to Kidderminster in 1995, all passenger services routed via Smethwick and Galton Junctions to reach Birmingham New Street. With this re-opening, use of the link between the two junctions has sharply decreased. This was compounded with the removal/re-routing of the Worcester to New Street service in 2004, and now only selected freight services and charter trains use the link. It has also been used as a way to divert trains to Cheltenham Spa via Stourbridge Junction and Worcester Shrub Hill. In addition, the first and last Cardiff Central CrossCountry services of the day, which start and terminate at New Street, use this junction for operational reasons.
On November 12, 2011, London Midland operated a service from Birmingham New Street to Kidderminster as part of a farewell to its Class 150 fleet.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or