Redhill Lock Weir
No access at this end. River Soar exits to bypass the Lock
Unnamed Road, Sutton Bonington, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, England, United Kingdom
Redhill Lock Weir is a minor waterways place on the Grand Union Canal (Leicester Section - River Soar Navigation) between Trent Junction (Junction of River Trent, Grand Union Leicester Section and Erewash Canal) (5¼ furlongs and 1 lock to the north) and Zouch Road Bridge No 43 (Mooring between here and Zouch Lock. Public house by canal.) (5 miles and 5 furlongs and 4 locks to the south).
The nearest place in the direction of Trent Junction is Redhill Lock No 59 (Used as a flood lock so both sets of gates may be open. Bridge is over the middle of the lock); ½ furlongs away.The nearest place in the direction of Zouch Road Bridge No 43 is Boat Hoods Marina; ½ furlongs away.
Places from Facebook
- Trent Lock Golf Centre (Golf Course, Restaurant, Bar)
Lock Lane, Long Eaton, Nottingham, NG10 2FY — 1535 yards to the northwest.
- Ben Foster Golf (Sports & Recreation)
Trent Lock Golf Centre, Nottingham, NG10 2FY — 1573 yards to the northwest.
- Trent Lock Scout Activity Centre
Trent Lock, Long Eaton, NG10 2FY — 1185 yards to the north.
- Trent Valley Sailing Club TVSC (Sports Club)
TVSC, The Clubhouse, Trent Lock, Long Eaton, NG10 2FY — 931 yards to the north.
- Redhill Marina (Marina, Boat Dealer)
Nottingham — 50 yards to the southeast.
- East Midlands Parkway (Train Station, Parking)
Nottingham — 751 yards to the southeast.
- Trent Lock (Bar, Pub, Golf Course)
Lock Lane, Sawley, Long Eaton, Nottingham, NG10 2FY — 1109 yards to the north.
- Ratcliffe Power Station (Landmark)
Nottingham — 1193 yards to the east.
- The Steamboat (Pub, Food & Restaurant)
Trent Lock, Long Lane, Long Eaton — 1095 yards to the north.
Nottingham — 1195 yards to the south.
- Ratcliffe On Soar Power Station (Professional Services)
Nottingham, NG11 0EE — 1619 yards to the east.
- E.ON Engineering Academy, Ratcliffe.
Nottingham — 1002 yards to the southeast.
- Cranfleet Lock
Nottingham — 1558 yards to the east.
Information retrieved Wed 08 May 2013 15:11:36
Users' views of Redhill Lock Weir as a mooring
0 votes cast
Mooring here is "unrated" - please vote if you know the place
Users' comments on mooring here
No comments yet!