Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (North end)
|White Bridge No 33||2 furlongs|
|Postles Bridge No 32||1¼ furlongs|
|Rhos-y-Coed Bridge No 31||½ furlongs|
|Ruabon Branch Junction||¼ furlongs|
|CRT Information Point (Llangollen)||¼ furlongs|
|Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (North end)|
|Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (South end)||1¼ furlongs|
|Coedfryn Water Point||2½ furlongs|
|Coedfryn Winding Hole||3½ furlongs|
|Aqueduct Inn||3¾ furlongs|
|Fron Lift Bridge No 28||4 furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water point
Nearest Rubbish disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Llantisilio - Horseshoe Falls On this waterway in the direction of Llantisilio - Horseshoe Falls
Nearest Chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Llantisilio - Horseshoe Falls On this waterway in the direction of Hurleston Junction
Nearest Place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Pontcysyllte Aqueduct
The Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (Welsh pronunciation: [ˌpɔntkəˈsəɬtɛ], full name in Welsh: Traphont Ddŵr Pontcysyllte) is a navigable aqueduct that carries the Llangollen Canal over the valley of the River Dee in Wrexham County Borough in north east Wales. Completed in 1805, it is the longest and highest aqueduct in Great Britain, a Grade I Listed Building and a World Heritage Site.
When the bridge was built, it linked the villages of Froncysyllte, at the southern end of the bridge in the Cysyllte township of Llangollen parish (from where it takes its name), and Trevor (Trefor in Welsh), at the northern end of the bridge in the Trefor Isaf township, also of Llangollen parish. Both townships were later transferred to Wrexham County Borough following local government reorganisation.
The name Pontcysyllte is in the Welsh language and means "Cysyllte Bridge". The township of Cysyllte existed for centuries before the bridge was built. For most of its history, the aqueduct was known as Pont y Cysyllte ("Bridge of Cysyllte"). Other translations such as "Bridge of the Junction" or "The Bridge that links" are modern, and incorrect, derived from the literal English translation of cysyllte as "junctions" or "links."
- Tower Hill Barns (Event Venue)
728 to the north.
- Vintage tea4two HIRE (Event Planning)
1414 to the east.
- NW Events (Event Planner, Wedding Planning, Caterer)
1014 to the northeast.
- Burskii Designs Craft Workshops (Artistic Services)
902 to the east.
- Bushi Ryu Ju-Jitsu (Martial Arts)
1328 to the east.
- Beautique (Beauty Salon, Nail Salon)
806 to the east.
- Dog Agility Training (Dog Training)
1391 to the west.
- The Limekilns Cafe & Caterers (Restaurant, Food & Grocery)
1056 to the southeast.
- The Aqueduct Inn, Froncysyllte (Restaurant, Pub)
856 to the south.
- Trevor Basin Visitor Centre (Tourist Information, Gift Shop, History Museum)
56 to the north.
- Tesco Cefn Mawr (Grocery Store)
1151 to the east.
- Queens Hotel, Cefn Mawr - official site (Bar)
676 to the east.
- The Queens Hotel (Bar)
691 to the east.
- A N Richards (Truck Towing, Truck Rental, Car Parts & Accessories)
1065 to the south.
- Kbo Xuk (Sports & Recreation)
1413 to the east.
- Llangollen, North Wales (Region)
639 to the south.
- Ty Mawr Country Park. (Environmental Conservation, Playground)
1406 to the southeast.
- The Telford Inn Llangollen (Beer Garden)
189 to the north.
- Wayside Diner' (Internet Cafe)
1323 to the east.
- Garth (Public Places & Attractions)
1481 to the northwest.
- Telford Inn, Trevor, Llangollen Canal (Bar)
183 to the northeast.
- The Duke Of Wellington (Bar)
784 to the north.
- Cefn Druids F.C. (Sports Venue & Stadium)
1356 to the northeast.
- Matts barber shop (Barber Shop)
861 to the east.
- The Rock cefn druids (Sports & Recreation)
1330 to the northeast.
- Hollybush in Cefn Mawr (Bar)
963 to the east.
- Eagles Inn (Pub)
1229 to the northeast.
- Trevor Hall - Exclusive Holiday & Wedding Venue (Residence)
1440 to the west.
- Ty Mawr Cefn Mawr (Environmental Conservation)
1392 to the southeast.
- Under the Arches (Performance Venue)
296 to the southwest.
- Ysgol Acrefair (School)
1144 to the northeast.
- River Dee (River)
517 to the southeast.
- Trevor Hall (Sports & Recreation)
958 to the west.
- Aquaduct (Outdoors)
1005 to the southeast.
- Maypole Hair Gallery (Hair Salon, Barber Shop)
840 to the east.
- Black Lion Newbridge (Bar)
1340 to the east.
- Tantastic (Tanning Salon)
1321 to the east.
- Pontcysyllten Akvedukti (Tours & Sightseeing, Historical Place)
121 to the south.
- Newbridge Arms (Pub, Bar)
1316 to the east.
- Flexsys Bar (Bar)
974 to the northeast.
- Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (Historical Place)
87 to the north.
- Froncysyllte (Antiques & Vintage)
1002 to the south.