Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (North end)
|Plas-y-Pentre Bridge No 34||7½ furlongs|
|White Bridge No 33||2 furlongs|
|Postles Bridge No 32||1¼ furlongs|
|Rhos-y-Coed Bridge No 31||½ furlongs|
|Ruabon Branch Junction||¼ furlongs|
|Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (North end)|
|Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (South end)||1¼ furlongs|
|Coedfryn Winding Hole||3½ furlongs|
|Fron Lift Bridge No 28||4 furlongs|
|Fron Footbridge No 28A||4 furlongs|
|Froncysyllte Aqueduct||7½ furlongs|
- Serenity - Holistic Therapy By Julie (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
883 yards to the east.
- Simply Nails by Jo (Nail Salon)
1075 yards to the south.
- Goodfillers Sandwich Bar (Food & Grocery)
1072 yards to the south.
- The Limekilns Cafe (Food & Grocery)
1158 yards to the southeast.
- AClassiCars - Vintage, Classical & Motor Trade Vehicles (Car Dealership, Recreational Vehicle Dealer)
669 yards to the southeast.
- The Aqueduct Inn, Froncysyllte (Pub, Food & Restaurant)
936 yards to the south.
- Trevor Basin Visitor Centre (History Museum, Tourist Information, Gift Shop)
393 yards to the north.
- The Queens Hotel (Bar)
739 yards to the east.
- Queens Hotel, Cefn Mawr - official site (Bar)
752 yards to the east.
- The Telford Inn Llangollen (Beer Garden)
202 yards to the north.
- Ty Mawr Country Park. (Outdoors)
1572 yards to the southeast.
- Aqüeducte i el canal de Pontcysyllte (Historical Place, Tours & Sightseeing)
132 yards to the south.
- Dragon GFX (Graphic Design, Collectibles Store, Event Planner)
1407 yards to the northeast.
- Ty Mawr Cefn Mawr (Environmental Conservation)
1505 yards to the southeast.
- Duke of Wellington (Pub)
665 yards to the north.
- Flexeys Spiritualist Centre (Religious Center)
1063 yards to the northeast.
- Hollybush in Cefn Mawr (Bar)
1048 yards to the east.
- Black Lion Newbridge (Gay Bar)
1461 yards to the east.
- Redpoint Holidays (Ski & Snowboard School)
1080 yards to the northeast.
- Cefn Druids F.C. (Sports Venue & Stadium)
1437 yards to the northeast.
- River Dee (River)
565 yards to the southeast.
- Eagles Inn (Bar)
1341 yards to the northeast.
- Caritas Surgery (Medical & Health)
1128 yards to the east.
- Garth County Community Primary School (School)
1196 yards to the northwest.
- Cymru Kebab (Food & Restaurant)
1023 yards to the east.
- Trevor (Community & Government)
877 yards to the south.
- Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (Historical Place)
55 yards to the southeast.
- Froncysyllte (Region)
1071 yards to the south.
Wikipedia has a page about Pontcysyllte Aqueduct
The Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (Welsh pronunciation: [ˌpɔntkəˈsəɬtɛ], full name in Welsh: Traphont Ddŵr Pontcysyllte) is a navigable aqueduct that carries the Llangollen Canal over the valley of the River Dee in Wrexham County Borough in north east Wales. Completed in 1805, it is the longest and highest aqueduct in Britain, a Grade I Listed Building and a World Heritage Site.
When the bridge was built it linked the villages of Froncysyllte, at the southern end of the bridge in the Cysyllte township of Llangollen parish (from where it takes its name), and Trevor (Trefor in Welsh), at the northern end of the bridge in the Trefor Isaf township of Llangollen parish. Both townships were later transferred to Wrexham County Borough following local government reorganisation.
The name is in the Welsh language and means "Cysyllte Bridge". For most of its existence it was known as Pont y Cysyllte ("Bridge of Cysyllte"). Other translations such as "Bridge of the Junction" or "The Bridge that links" are modern, and incorrect, inventions, from the literal English translation of cysyllte being "junctions" or "links", as the township of Cysyllte existed for centuries before the bridge was built.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or