Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (North end)
|White Bridge No 33||2 furlongs|
|Postles Bridge No 32||1¼ furlongs|
|Rhos-y-Coed Bridge No 31||½ furlongs|
|Ruabon Branch Junction||¼ furlongs|
|CRT Information Point (Trevor)||¼ furlongs|
|Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (North end)|
|Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (South end)||1¼ furlongs|
|Coedfryn Water Point||2½ furlongs|
|Coedfryn Winding Hole||3½ furlongs|
|Aqueduct Inn||3¾ furlongs|
|Fron Lift Bridge No 28||4 furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water point
Nearest Rubbish disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Llantisilio - Horseshoe Falls On this waterway in the direction of Llantisilio - Horseshoe Falls
Nearest Chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Llantisilio - Horseshoe Falls On this waterway in the direction of Hurleston Junction
Nearest Place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Pontcysyllte Aqueduct
The Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (Welsh pronunciation: [ˌpɔntkəˈsəɬtɛ], full name in Welsh: Traphont Ddŵr Pontcysyllte) is a navigable aqueduct that carries the Llangollen Canal over the valley of the River Dee in Wrexham County Borough in north east Wales. Completed in 1805, it is the longest and highest aqueduct in Great Britain, a Grade I Listed Building and a World Heritage Site. The viaduct carries a water passage for a single canal narrow boat as well as a towpath for pedestrians, and is now a popular tourist excursion; boat trips cross the viaduct and return.
When the bridge was built, it linked the villages of Froncysyllte, at the southern end of the bridge in the Cysyllte township of Llangollen parish (from where it takes its name), and Trevor (Trefor in Welsh), at the northern end of the bridge in the Trefor Isaf township, also of Llangollen parish. Both townships were later transferred to Wrexham County Borough following local government reorganisation.
The name Pontcysyllte is in the Welsh language and means "Cysyllte Bridge". The township of Cysyllte existed for centuries before the bridge was built. For most of its history, the aqueduct was known as Pont y Cysyllte ("Bridge of Cysyllte"). Other translations such as "Bridge of the Junction" or "The Bridge that links" are modern, and incorrect, derived from the literal English translation of cysyllte as "junctions" or "links."
- A N Richards (Truck Towing, Automotive Body Shop, Automotive Parts & Accessories)
1065 to the south.
- Bushi Ryu Ju-Jitsu (Martial Arts)
1328 to the east.
- The Coffee Shop near Pontcysyllte Aqueduct. (Coffee Shop, Fast Food Restaurant)
328 to the north.
- Jones The Boats (Tours & Sightseeing)
646 to the northeast.
- Tower Hill Barns (Event Venue)
728 to the north.
- The Aqueduct Inn, Froncysyllte (Pub, Restaurant)
856 to the south.
- Queens Hotel, Cefn Mawr - official site (Bar)
676 to the east.
- The Queens Hotel (Bar)
691 to the east.
- The Limekilns Cafe & Caterers (Restaurant, Food & Grocery)
1056 to the southeast.
- CC's Mobile Chippie (Caterer)
1041 to the east.
- Kbo Xuk (Sports & Recreation)
1413 to the east.
- Llangolen Aquaduct (Outdoors, Sports & Recreation)
197 to the northeast.
- The Telford Inn Llangollen (Restaurant, Beer Garden)
188 to the north.
- Anglo Welsh Waterway Holidays (Travel & Transportation)
102 to the north.
- Ty Mawr Park (Environmental Conservation)
1405 to the southeast.
- Telford Inn, Trevor, Llangollen Canal (Nightlife, Place to EatDrink)
183 to the northeast.
- Matts barber shop (Barber Shop, Hair Salon)
861 to the east.
- Eagles Inn (Pub)
1226 to the northeast.
- Pontcysyllten Akvedukti (Tours & Sightseeing, Historical Place)
121 to the south.
- The Duke Of Wellington (Arts & Entertainment)
784 to the north.
- Hollybush in Cefn Mawr (Bar)
963 to the east.
- AW Renewables (Plumber)
979 to the south.
- J a Richards Painter & Decorator (Home Improvement)
1459 to the east.
- Photography by Michael (Photographer)
1382 to the east.
- Border Upholsterers (Upholstery Service)
1399 to the east.
- Flexsys Bar (Bar)
962 to the northeast.
- Maypole Hair Gallery (Hair Salon, Barber Shop)
853 to the east.
- Beaverz Ally (Antiques & Vintage)
988 to the south.
- Wayside Diner' (Internet Cafe)
1323 to the east.
- Ysgol Acrefair (School)
1144 to the northeast.
- Vale of Llangollen Travel (Public Transportation)
1186 to the east.
- Trevor Hall - Exclusive Holiday & Wedding Venue (Residence)
1440 to the west.
- Ty Mawr Country Park (Park)
1285 to the southeast.
- Thomas Telford Aqueduct (Travel & Transportation)
733 to the south.
- Dee Valley Families Project (Charity Organization)
1100 to the northeast.
- Plaskynaston Lane (Landmark)
1124 to the east.
- Black Lion Newbridge (Gay Bar)
1346 to the east.
- G Roberts Car Repairs (Home Improvement)
1077 to the northeast.
- Rhosymedre Junior School (School)
1309 to the east.
- Hellish Good Window Cleaners (Window Service & Repair, Cleaning Service)
586 to the east.
- Tantastic (Tanning Salon)
1325 to the east.
- Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (Historical Place)
87 to the north.
- Froncysyllte (Community & Government)
981 to the south.