Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (North end)
|White Bridge No 33||2 furlongs|
|Postles Bridge No 32||1¼ furlongs|
|Rhos-y-Coed Bridge No 31||½ furlongs|
|Ruabon Branch Junction||¼ furlongs|
|CRT Information Point (Llangollen)||¼ furlongs|
|Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (North end)|
|Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (South end)||1¼ furlongs|
|Coedfryn Water Point||2½ furlongs|
|Coedfryn Winding Hole||3½ furlongs|
|Aqueduct Inn||3¾ furlongs|
|Fron Lift Bridge No 28||4 furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water point
Nearest Rubbish disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Llantisilio - Horseshoe Falls On this waterway in the direction of Llantisilio - Horseshoe Falls
Nearest Chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Llantisilio - Horseshoe Falls On this waterway in the direction of Hurleston Junction
Nearest Place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Pontcysyllte Aqueduct
The Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (Welsh pronunciation: [ˌpɔntkəˈsəɬtɛ], full name in Welsh: Traphont Ddŵr Pontcysyllte) is a navigable aqueduct that carries the Llangollen Canal over the valley of the River Dee in Wrexham County Borough in north east Wales. Completed in 1805, it is the longest and highest aqueduct in Great Britain, a Grade I Listed Building and a World Heritage Site.
When the bridge was built, it linked the villages of Froncysyllte, at the southern end of the bridge in the Cysyllte township of Llangollen parish (from where it takes its name), and Trevor (Trefor in Welsh), at the northern end of the bridge in the Trefor Isaf township, also of Llangollen parish. Both townships were later transferred to Wrexham County Borough following local government reorganisation.
The name Pontcysyllte is in the Welsh language and means "Cysyllte Bridge". The township of Cysyllte existed for centuries before the bridge was built. For most of its history, the aqueduct was known as Pont y Cysyllte ("Bridge of Cysyllte"). Other translations such as "Bridge of the Junction" or "The Bridge that links" are modern, and incorrect, derived from the literal English translation of cysyllte as "junctions" or "links."
- The Limekilns Cafe & Caterers (Restaurant, Food & Grocery)
1056 to the southeast.
- Beautique (Beauty Salon, Nail Salon)
806 to the east.
- A N Richards (Truck Towing, Truck Rental, Car Parts & Accessories)
1073 to the south.
- Jones The Boats (Tours & Sightseeing)
646 to the northeast.
- The Aqueduct Inn, Froncysyllte (Pub, Restaurant)
856 to the south.
- Trevor Basin Visitor Centre (Tourist Information, Gift Shop, History Museum)
56 to the north.
- Tesco Cefn Mawr (Grocery Store)
1151 to the east.
- Queens Hotel, Cefn Mawr - official site (Bar)
676 to the east.
- The Queens Hotel (Bar)
691 to the east.
- Tower Hill Barns (Event Venue)
727 to the north.
- Vintage tea4two HIRE (Event Planning)
1414 to the east.
- Burskii Designs Craft Workshops (Artistic Services)
902 to the east.
- Kbo Xuk (Sports & Recreation)
1413 to the east.
- Llangollen, North Wales (Region)
639 to the south.
- Ty Mawr Country Park. (Environmental Conservation, Playground)
1406 to the southeast.
- The Telford Inn Llangollen (Beer Garden)
189 to the north.
- Llangollen Aquaduct (Travel & Transportation)
160 to the northeast.
- Cheap 'N' Clean (Gardener, Painter, Home Decor)
856 to the east.
- Wayside Diner' (Internet Cafe)
1323 to the east.
- Pontcysyllten Akvedukti (Tours & Sightseeing, Historical Place)
121 to the south.
- Tantastic (Tanning Salon)
1325 to the east.
- Hollybush in Cefn Mawr (Bar)
955 to the east.
- Telford Inn, Trevor, Llangollen Canal (Place to EatDrink)
183 to the northeast.
- Ty Mawr Cefn Mawr (Environmental Conservation)
1392 to the southeast.
- Garth North Wales (City)
1352 to the northwest.
- Maypole Hair Gallery (Hair Salon, Barber Shop)
840 to the east.
- Trevor Hall - Exclusive Holiday & Wedding Venue (Residence)
1440 to the west.
- River Dee (River)
517 to the southeast.
- Aquaduct (Outdoors)
1005 to the southeast.
- Black Lion Newbridge (Bar)
1340 to the east.
- Under the Arches (Performance Venue)
296 to the southwest.
- Kboxuk (Sports & Recreation)
1413 to the east.
- Black Ops Tattooing (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
809 to the east.
- Eagles Inn (Pub)
1229 to the northeast.
- Ysgol Acrefair (School)
1144 to the northeast.
- Cefn Druids F.C. (Sports Venue & Stadium)
1356 to the northeast.
- The Rock cefn druids (Sports & Recreation)
1339 to the northeast.
- Matts barber shop (Barber Shop)
861 to the east.
- Llangolen Aquaduct (Outdoors)
180 to the north.
- Newbridge Arms (Pub, Bar)
1316 to the east.
- The Duke Of Wellington (Bar)
784 to the north.
- Hot Wash Handwash (Car Wash & Detailing)
1326 to the east.
- Cymru Kebab (Fast Food Restaurant)
937 to the east.
- Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (Historical Place)
87 to the north.
- Froncysyllte (Antiques & Vintage)
1002 to the south.