Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (North end)
|Plas-y-Pentre Bridge No 34||7½ furlongs|
|White Bridge No 33||2 furlongs|
|Postles Bridge No 32||1¼ furlongs|
|Rhos-y-Coed Bridge No 31||½ furlongs|
|Ruabon Branch Junction||¼ furlongs|
|Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (North end)|
|Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (South end)||1¼ furlongs|
|Coedfryn Winding Hole||3½ furlongs|
|Fron Lift Bridge No 28||4 furlongs|
|Fron Footbridge No 28A||4 furlongs|
|Froncysyllte Aqueduct||7½ furlongs|
- Pretty Little Thing (Beauty Salon, Nail Salon)
1005 yards to the east.
- Cefn Carpets (Carpet & Flooring Store)
1437 yards to the east.
- The Aqueduct Inn, Froncysyllte (Pub, Food & Restaurant)
936 yards to the south.
- Volvotuning (Automotive Customizing, Automotive Consultant, Car Wash & Detailing)
669 yards to the southeast.
- Tesco Cefn Mawr (Shopping & Retail)
1263 yards to the east.
- AGRI TUNE North Wales (Automotive Customizing)
669 yards to the southeast.
- Ty Mawr Country Park. (Outdoors)
1539 yards to the southeast.
- Cefn Druids F.C. (Sports Venue & Stadium)
1459 yards to the northeast.
- Trevor Hall Mansion (Residence & Other)
1575 yards to the west.
- The Duke Of Wellington (Nightlife)
860 yards to the north.
- Ty Mawr Cefn Mawr (Environmental Conservation)
1594 yards to the southeast.
- Flexeys Spiritualist Centre (Religious Center)
1055 yards to the northeast.
- Air Products Club (Professional Services)
1551 yards to the northeast.
- Telford Inn (Pub)
203 yards to the northeast.
- Wayside Diner' (Internet Cafe)
1449 yards to the east.
- Eagles Inn (Pub)
1344 yards to the northeast.
- Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (Historical Place)
7 yards to the south.
Wikipedia has a page about Pontcysyllte Aqueduct
The Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (Welsh pronunciation: [ˌpɔntkəˈsəɬtɛ], full name in Welsh: Traphont Ddŵr Pontcysyllte) is a navigable aqueduct that carries the Llangollen Canal over the valley of the River Dee in Wrexham County Borough in north east Wales. Completed in 1805, it is the longest and highest aqueduct in Britain, a Grade I Listed Building and a World Heritage Site.
When the bridge was built it linked the villages of Froncysyllte, at the southern end of the bridge in the Cysyllte township of Llangollen parish (from where it takes its name), and Trevor (Trefor in Welsh), at the northern end of the bridge in the Trefor Isaf township of Llangollen parish. Both townships were later transferred to Wrexham County Borough following local government reorganisation.
The name is in the Welsh language and means "Cysyllte Bridge". For most of its existence it was known as Pont y Cysyllte ("Bridge of Cysyllte"). Other translations such as "Bridge of the Junction" or "The Bridge that links" are modern, and incorrect, inventions, from the literal English translation of cysyllte being "junctions" or "links", as the township of Cysyllte existed for centuries before the bridge was built.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or