Facilities: chemical toilet disposal, rubbish disposal and water point.
The place is a toll stop.
|Worcester and Birmingham Canal (Birmingham to King's Norton)|
|Gas Street Basin||¼ furlongs|
|Holiday Street Aqueduct||1 furlong|
|Aqueduct over Worcester to Birmingham Railway||1 furlong|
|The Mailbox||1½ furlongs|
|The Mailbox Footbridge||2 furlongs|
|Birmingham Canal Navigations (Main Line)|
|Worcester Bar Footbridge||a few yards|
|Gas Street Basin (Old Wharf)||¼ furlongs|
|Broad Street 'Tunnel'||¾ furlongs|
|Symphony Hall Footbridge||1¼ furlongs|
|Brewmasters Bridge||1¾ furlongs|
- Reflex Broad St Birmingham (Bar, Night Club)
115 yards to the northwest.
- Gatecrasher Birmingham (Night Club, Dance Club, Movie & Television Studio)
511 yards to the southwest.
- The Yardbird Jazz Club (Night Club)
404 yards to the northeast.
- O2 Academy Birmingham (Performance Venue, Bar, Concert Venue)
865 yards to the southeast.
- National SEA LIFE Centre (Public Places & Attractions, Zoo & Aquarium)
323 yards to the northwest.
- Birmingham New Street Station (Train Station)
736 yards to the east.
- The Pickled Piglet (Restaurant)
17 yards to the south.
- Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar and Grill Birmingham (Steakhouse)
355 yards to the southeast.
- Pitcher & Piano (Bar)
205 yards to the northwest.
- Blue Mango (Indian Restaurant, Fine Dining Restaurant)
71 yards to the north.
- Piccolino Birmingham (Italian Restaurant)
230 yards to the west.
- Pushkar Cocktail Bar & Dining (Indian Restaurant, Bar)
164 yards to the west.
- Bank Birmingham Restaurant & Bar (Bar & Grill, Breakfast & Brunch Restaurant)
292 yards to the northwest.
- Cielo (Steakhouse, Italian Restaurant, Diner)
233 yards to the west.
- Celebrity Indian Restaurant (Restaurant)
112 yards to the northwest.
- Red Peppers (Bar & Grill)
332 yards to the southeast.
- Walkabout Birmingham (Night Club, Sports Bar)
74 yards to the northwest.
- Players Bar Birmingham (Restaurant, Night Club)
151 yards to the southwest.
- SlugandLettuce Birmingham (Restaurant)
226 yards to the northwest.
- The NIA Birmingham (Sports Venue & Stadium, Event Venue, Performance Venue)
495 yards to the northwest.
- Mooch Bar Birmingham (Sports Bar, Bar & Grill, Dance Club)
96 yards to the northwest.
- The O Bar Birmingham (Wine Bar, Arts & Entertainment)
104 yards to the northwest.
- Canalside Cafe (Bar, Cafe, Pub)
11 yards to the southeast.
- Jimmy Spices Birmingham (Restaurant)
65 yards to the north.
- Jurys Inn (Hotel, Event, Meeting Room)
129 yards to the west.
- Jamie's Italian (Italian Restaurant, Bar)
1187 yards to the east.
- Gas Street Basin (Pub, Boating, Food & Restaurant)
24 yards to the northeast.
- Coast to Coast, Broad St (American Restaurant)
177 yards to the west.
- Crowne Plaza Birmingham (Hotel)
316 yards to the east.
- Premier Inn, Canal Side, Birmingham (Hotel)
161 yards to the southeast.
- All Bar One (Wine Bar, Food & Restaurant, Pub)
217 yards to the northwest.
- Symphony Hall, Birmingham (Event Venue, Arts & Entertainment)
177 yards to the north.
Wikipedia has a page about Worcester Bar
Gas Street Basin (grid reference SP062866) is a canal basin in the centre of Birmingham, England, where the Worcester and Birmingham Canal meets the BCN Main Line. It is located on Gas Street, off Broad Street, and between the Mailbox and Brindleyplace canal-side developments.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or