Facilities: chemical toilet disposal, rubbish disposal and water point.
The place is a toll stop.
|Worcester and Birmingham Canal (Birmingham to King's Norton)|
|Gas Street Basin||¼ furlongs|
|Holiday Street Aqueduct||1 furlong|
|Aqueduct over Worcester to Birmingham Railway||1 furlong|
|The Mailbox||1½ furlongs|
|The Mailbox Footbridge||2 furlongs|
|Birmingham Canal Navigations (Main Line)|
|Worcester Bar Footbridge||a few yards|
|Gas Street Basin (Old Wharf)||¼ furlongs|
|Broad Street 'Tunnel'||¾ furlongs|
|Symphony Hall Footbridge||1¼ furlongs|
|Brewmasters Bridge||1¾ furlongs|
- National SEA LIFE Centre (Public Places & Attractions, Zoo & Aquarium)
360 yards to the northwest.
- The Mailbox (Shopping Mall, Restaurant)
338 yards to the southeast.
- Birmingham New Street Station (Train Station)
724 yards to the east.
- The Pickled Piglet (Restaurant)
17 yards to the south.
- Pitcher & Piano (Bar)
199 yards to the northwest.
- Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar and Grill Birmingham (Steakhouse)
355 yards to the southeast.
- Bar Estilo (Tapas Bar & Restaurant, Mediterranean Restaurant, Spanish Restaurant)
342 yards to the southeast.
- Piccolino Birmingham (Italian Restaurant)
230 yards to the west.
- Carluccios birmingham (Restaurant)
195 yards to the northwest.
- Rodizio Rico (Brazilian Restaurant)
309 yards to the southeast.
- Tap and Spile Birmingham (Food & Restaurant, Pub)
60 yards to the northwest.
- Walkabout Birmingham (Night Club, Sports Bar)
74 yards to the northwest.
- SlugandLettuce Birmingham (Restaurant)
226 yards to the northwest.
- The NIA Birmingham (Sports Venue & Stadium, Event Venue, Performance Venue)
489 yards to the northwest.
- Mooch Bar Birmingham (Sports Bar, Bar & Grill, Dance Club)
96 yards to the northwest.
- Canalside Cafe (Bar, Cafe, Pub)
11 yards to the southeast.
- Brindley Place Canal (Outdoors)
377 yards to the northwest.
- Gas Street Basin (Pub, Boating, Food & Restaurant)
24 yards to the northeast.
- Jimmy Spices Birmingham (Restaurant)
65 yards to the north.
- Handmade Burger Co (Burger Restaurant, Bar, Fast Food Restaurant)
218 yards to the northwest.
- All Bar One (Wine Bar, Food & Restaurant, Pub)
217 yards to the northwest.
- Brindley Place (Nightlife, Arts & Entertainment, Food & Restaurant)
214 yards to the northwest.
- Jurys Inn (Hotel, Event, Meeting Room)
129 yards to the west.
- PizzaExpress (Pizza Place, Fast Food Restaurant, Italian Restaurant)
180 yards to the northwest.
- The Bull Ring, Birmingham (Shopping Mall, Shopping District)
1178 yards to the east.
- Symphony Hall, Birmingham (Event Venue, Symphony)
177 yards to the north.
- Library of Birmingham (Library)
308 yards to the north.
- Birmingham Town Hall (Event Venue, Concert Venue)
536 yards to the northeast.
- New Alexandra Theatre (Theatre, Performance Venue)
670 yards to the east.
- Victoria Square, Birmingham (German Restaurant)
584 yards to the northeast.
Wikipedia has a page about Worcester Bar
Gas Street Basin (grid reference SP062866) is a canal basin in the centre of Birmingham, England, where the Worcester and Birmingham Canal meets the BCN Main Line. It is located on Gas Street, off Broad Street, and between the Mailbox and Brindleyplace canal-side developments.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or