Facilities: chemical toilet disposal, rubbish disposal and water point.
The place is a toll stop.
|Worcester and Birmingham Canal (Birmingham to King's Norton)|
|Gas Street Basin||¼ furlongs|
|Holiday Street Aqueduct||1 furlong|
|Aqueduct over Worcester to Birmingham Railway||1 furlong|
|The Mailbox||1½ furlongs|
|The Mailbox Footbridge||1½ furlongs|
|Birmingham Canal Navigations (Main Line)|
|Worcester Bar Footbridge||a few yards|
|Gas Street Basin (Old Wharf)||¼ furlongs|
|Broad Street 'Tunnel'||¾ furlongs|
|Symphony Hall Footbridge||1¼ furlongs|
|Brewmasters Bridge||1¾ furlongs|
- Ikon Gallery (Art Gallery)
209 yards to the west.
- Reflex Broad St Birmingham (Bar, Night Club)
131 yards to the northwest.
- Jongleurs Birmingham (Comedy Club, Night Club)
87 yards to the west.
- O2 Academy Birmingham (Concert Venue, Performance Venue, Bar)
861 yards to the southeast.
- National SEA LIFE Centre (Public Places & Attractions, Zoo & Aquarium)
335 yards to the northwest.
- Birmingham New Street Station (Train Station)
821 yards to the east.
- The Pickled Piglet (Tapas Bar & Restaurant, British Restaurant)
23 yards to the south.
- Piccolino Birmingham (Italian Restaurant)
232 yards to the west.
- Blue Mango (Indian Restaurant, Fine Dining Restaurant)
97 yards to the north.
- Pitcher & Piano (Bar)
196 yards to the northwest.
- Birmingham Canal Navigations (Landmark)
91 yards to the northeast.
- Tap and Spile Birmingham (Pub, British Restaurant)
70 yards to the northwest.
- Barclaycard Arena (Sports Venue & Stadium, Event Venue, Performance Venue)
495 yards to the northwest.
- Walkabout Birmingham Sports (Sports Bar, Sports Venue & Stadium)
67 yards to the northwest.
- Birmingham Conservatoire (College & University)
397 yards to the northeast.
- Gas Street Basin (Pub, Boating, Food & Restaurant)
57 yards to the southeast.
- Canalside Cafe (Cafe, Pub, Bar)
12 yards to the east.
- Birmingham Registry Office (Community & Government)
348 yards to the southeast.
- Birmingham Canals (Tourist Attraction)
361 yards to the northwest.
- Symphony Hall,Birmingham (Concert Venue)
203 yards to the north.
- Jimmy Spices Birmingham (Restaurant)
59 yards to the north.
- Broad Street, Birmingham (Highway, Shopping & Retail, Street)
116 yards to the west.
- Jurys Inn (Hotel, Event, Meeting Room)
129 yards to the southwest.
- Jurys Hotel, Broad St, Birmingham (Hotel, Residence & Other)
137 yards to the southwest.
- Premier Inn, Canal Side, Birmingham (Hotel)
156 yards to the southeast.
- Brindley Place Canal (Outdoors)
261 yards to the northwest.
- ATV Centre (Arts & Entertainment)
100 yards to the northeast.
- Regency Club Lounge (Tourist Attraction)
93 yards to the northwest.
- O'Neils (Arts & Entertainment)
209 yards to the southwest.
- All Bar One (Wine Bar, Pub, Food & Restaurant)
211 yards to the northwest.
- Symphony Hall, Birmingham (Event Venue, Symphony, Concert Venue)
177 yards to the north.
- Birmingham Town Hall (Concert Venue, Event Venue)
536 yards to the northeast.
- International Convention Centre, Birmingham (Event Venue)
217 yards to the north.
Wikipedia has a page about Worcester Bar
Gas Street Basin (grid reference SP062866) is a canal basin in the centre of Birmingham, England, where the Worcester and Birmingham Canal meets the BCN Main Line. It is located on Gas Street, off Broad Street, and between the Mailbox and Brindleyplace canal-side developments.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or