Rabone Lane (closed)
|Engine Arm Aqueduct Overhead||5½ furlongs|
|Brass House Bridge||3¼ furlongs|
|Pump House||3 furlongs|
|Galton Tunnel (Southeast end)||¾ furlongs|
|Galton Tunnel (Northwest end)||¼ furlongs|
|Smethwick Railway Bridge||¼ furlongs|
|Spon Lane Station Bridge||4½ furlongs|
|Chances Bridge||5¼ furlongs|
|Hartley Bridge (Bromford)||5¾ furlongs|
|Steward Aqueduct Overhead||6½ furlongs|
- Red Leaf World Buffet (Wine Bar, Buffet Restaurant)
1425 yards to the north.
- Beautiful world (National Park)
793 yards to the east.
- Guest Iveco Trucks (Car Dealership)
604 yards to the northwest.
- The Hawthorns (Sports Venue & Stadium)
1380 yards to the northeast.
- Smethwick X (Professional Services)
1546 yards to the south.
- Gurdwara Baba Sang Ji (Sikh Temple)
411 yards to the south.
- Aston Villa Stadium - Villa Park (Sports Venue & Stadium)
1083 yards to the northwest.
- Smethwick High Street (Shopping Mall)
483 yards to the southeast.
- Stoney Lane Park (Park)
1377 yards to the south.
- Warwick Castle (Historical Place, History Museum)
1608 yards to the southwest.
- Snuggled Up on the Sofa (Home)
864 yards to the south.
- Office Team (Employment Agency)
808 yards to the east.
- Interlink Hub Smethwick (Cargo & Freight)
406 yards to the north.
- Harry Mitchell Leisure Centre (Sports Center)
1351 yards to the south.
Wikipedia has a page about Galton Bridge
Galton Bridge (grid reference SP015894) is a canal bridge in Smethwick, West Midlands, England built by Thomas Telford in 1829. It spans Telford's Birmingham Canal Navigations New Main Line carrying Roebuck Lane. When it was constructed, its single span of 151 feet (46 metres) was the highest in the world (the Menai Suspension Bridge was longest). Originally a road bridge it is now restricted to pedestrians. It is a Grade I listed building, and lends its name to the adjacent Smethwick Galton Bridge railway station.
It is similar to Holt Fleet Bridge, Telford's Grade II listed bridge over the River Severn at Holt in Worcestershire and was named after Samuel Galton, a member of the Lunar Society. It was cast by Horseley Ironworks.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or