Rabone Lane (closed)
|Engine Arm Aqueduct Overhead||5½ furlongs|
|Brass House Bridge||3¼ furlongs|
|Pump House||3 furlongs|
|Galton Tunnel (Southeast end)||¾ furlongs|
|Galton Tunnel (Northwest end)||¼ furlongs|
|Smethwick Railway Bridge||¼ furlongs|
|Spon Lane Station Bridge||4½ furlongs|
|Chances Bridge||5¼ furlongs|
|Hartley Bridge (Bromford)||5¾ furlongs|
|Steward Aqueduct Overhead||6½ furlongs|
- SHARE (Shopping & Retail)
224 yards to the south.
- Malhis boutique (Shopping & Retail)
517 yards to the southeast.
- Smethwick Galton Bridge railway station (Landmark, Train Station)
91 yards to the west.
- Dudley Port railway station (Train Station)
173 yards to the southwest.
- Red Leaf World Buffet (Wine Bar, Restaurant)
1425 yards to the north.
- The Vine (Pub, Barbecue Restaurant)
888 yards to the north.
- Beautiful world (National Park)
793 yards to the east.
- Holly Lodge High School (High School)
810 yards to the southwest.
- The Hawthorns (Sports Venue & Stadium)
1379 yards to the northeast.
- West Bromwich Albion Football Club (Sports Club, Sports Venue & Stadium)
1413 yards to the northeast.
- Gurdwara Baba Sang Ji (Sikh Temple)
411 yards to the south.
- West Smethwick Park (Park, Boating)
988 yards to the southwest.
- Star Windows (GB) Ltd (Home Improvement)
1027 yards to the southeast.
- Desi 2 (Pub, Bar, Food & Restaurant)
428 yards to the west.
- Smethwick High Street (Shopping Mall)
483 yards to the southeast.
- Ivy Bush (Pub)
854 yards to the west.
- Great Bear (Cargo & Freight)
1511 yards to the west.
- ASG Autos (Car Dealership)
369 yards to the south.
- Smethwick Fire Station (Train Station, Fire Station)
895 yards to the south.
- Access Design (Graphic Design, Web Design, Photographer)
379 yards to the west.
- Office Team (Employment Agency)
810 yards to the east.
- Smethwick Car Sales (Car Dealership)
369 yards to the south.
- Harry Mitchell Leisure Centre (Sports Center)
1351 yards to the south.
- Lewisham Park (Park)
548 yards to the east.
- Glamour touch hair &beauty (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
329 yards to the south.
Wikipedia has a page about Galton Bridge
Galton Bridge (grid reference SP015894) is a canal bridge in Smethwick, West Midlands, England built by Thomas Telford in 1829. It spans Telford's Birmingham Canal Navigations New Main Line carrying Roebuck Lane. When it was constructed, its single span of 151 feet (46 metres) was the highest in the world (the Menai Suspension Bridge was longest). Originally a road bridge it is now restricted to pedestrians. It is a Grade I listed building, and lends its name to the adjacent Smethwick Galton Bridge railway station.
It is similar to Holt Fleet Bridge, Telford's Grade II listed bridge over the River Severn at Holt in Worcestershire and was named after Samuel Galton, a member of the Lunar Society. It was cast by Horseley Ironworks.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or