Mile End Lock No 9
Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Halfords car and outdoor shops (5 furlongs away); Nationwide Building Society cashpoints (ATM machines) (1¾ furlongs away); JD Weatherspoons Pubs (3 furlongs away)
This is a lock with a rise of 8f0.
|c2c Railway Bridge||4¾ furlongs|
|Ben Jonson Road Bridge||3½ furlongs|
|Johnson's Lock No 10||3 furlongs|
|Solebay Street Bridge||1¼ furlongs|
|Mile End Road Bridge No 56||½ furlongs|
|Mile End Lock No 9|
|Liverpool Street to Stratford Railway Bridge||1¼ furlongs|
|Meath Gardens Footbridge No 55A||1¾ furlongs|
|The Palm Tree PH||2¼ furlongs|
|Roman Road Bridge No 55||3 furlongs|
|Hertford Union Junction||3¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Little Venice
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Little Venice On this waterway in the direction of Limehouse Basin Entrance
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Limehouse Basin Entrance
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Mile End Lock
Mile End Lock is a lock on the Regent's Canal, in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. The lock spans the Regent's Canal between Queen Mary, University of London and Mile End Park
The nearest London Underground station is Mile End.
- Mile End Climbing Wall (Gym, Rock Climbing)
421 to the north.
- Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park (Region, Park, Historical Place)
531 to the east.
- Queen Mary Students' Union (QMSU) (College & University)
195 to the southwest.
- Mile End Park (Park)
1043 to the southeast.
- Nando's Mile End (Chicken Restaurant)
150 to the east.
- The Bancroft Arms (Bar)
271 to the southwest.
- Greenwich Maritime Museum (History Museum)
56 to the northwest.
- Mile End Park (Park)
226 to the north.
- Mile End Park (Park, Region, Travel & Transportation)
179 to the east.
- Regents Canal, Victoria Park. (Park)
1301 to the northwest.
- Bethnal Green (East London) (Train Station)
1343 to the west.
- Roosters Piri Piri Mile End (Fast Food Restaurant)
183 to the east.
- Mile End Park Canal (Park)
489 to the northwest.
- Mile End tube station (Train Station)
341 to the east.
- Great Hall, Queen Mary University of London (College & University, Arts & Entertainment, School)
263 to the southwest.
- Starbucks - London Mile End Rd 389 (Coffee Shop)
182 to the east.
- Mile End Art Pavillion (Art Gallery)
103 to the northeast.
- Guardian Angels (Catholic Church)
69 to the east.
- Allama Iqbal International Airport (Airport)
6281089 to the east.
- Wentworth Arms (Gastropub)
291 to the east.
- Ackroyd Drive Green Link (Park)
913 to the southeast.
- Palm Tree (Pub)
457 to the northwest.
- Mile End Hospital (Medical Center)
305 to the west.
- The Greedy Cow (Steakhouse)
222 to the east.
- NSH Arts (Arts & Entertainment, Education)
430 to the east.
- The Backstreet (Bar)
275 to the east.
- Queen Mary University of London (College & University, Educational Research)
183 to the southwest.
- Rusty Bike Pub (Pub, Thai Restaurant)
334 to the east.
- Creme Crave (Dessert Place, Coffee Shop, Ice Cream Parlor)
458 to the southeast.
- Kitchen Pizzeria (Pizza Place)
169 to the east.
- Queen Mary University of London Library (Library, School)
176 to the southwest.
- East End of London (Neighborhood)
1254 to the southwest.