Harecastle Tunnel (South end)
Facilities: water point.
The place is a Temporary moorings.
|Tunstall Bridge No 128A||6¾ furlongs|
|Ravensdale Bridge No 129||6 furlongs|
|Tunstall Pipe Bridge||4¾ furlongs|
|Chatterley Arm Bridge No 129A||3¾ furlongs|
|Turnover Bridge No 130||2 furlongs|
|Harecastle Tunnel (South end)|
|Harecastle Tunnel (North end)||1 mile, 5¼ furlongs|
|Harecastle Bridge No 131||1 mile, 5¾ furlongs|
|Kidsgrove Railway Bridge||1 mile, 5¾ furlongs|
|Turnover Bridge No 132||1 mile, 6½ furlongs|
|Hardings Wood Railway Bridge||1 mile, 7½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
- Modern Nails (Nail Salon)
1139 to the southeast.
- Talisman Tunstall (Bar, Pub)
1366 to the east.
- KB Sports Therapy (Clinic, Massage, Physical Therapist)
812 to the east.
- Powerhouse Gym Sandyford Stoke (Fitness Center, Physical Fitness, Gym)
881 to the northeast.
- Costa Tunstall (Coffee Shop)
1379 to the southeast.
- The Globe Tunstall (Bar)
1299 to the southeast.
- Jcb Blue Planet (Commercial Automotive)
260 to the southwest.
- The Print Shop Tunstall (Arts & Entertainment, Business Services)
1422 to the southeast.
- Tunstall High Street (Outdoors)
1154 to the east.
- Betterbodies Tunstall (Health Food Store, Gym)
1294 to the southeast.
- DW Sports Fitness (Gym)
1449 to the southeast.
- Johnson Tiles (Home Improvement)
968 to the southeast.
- The Wheatsheaf Tunstall (Bar)
1104 to the east.
- Asda Tunstall (Grocery Store)
1446 to the southeast.
- Browns Distribution Services Ltd (Transportation Service, Supply & Distribution Services)
1106 to the south.
- Harecastle Tunnel (Historical Place)
1408 to the northwest.
- NarrowBoat Through Harecastle Tunnel
- A narrowboat goes through the Harecastle Tunnel on the Trent & Mersey canal at Kidsgrove in Staffordshire. This is the Telford side, running for 2,926 yards (1.66 miles). The video is 1min 35sec long, though the actual journey shown was just under 40minutes.
- Trent & Mersey Canal Society
- For all who are interested in this canal
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water pointThe nearest Water point is here. Others are at: On this waterway in the direction of Harding's Wood Junction
Nearest Rubbish disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Harding's Wood Junction Travel to Harding's Wood Junction, then on the Trent and Mersey Canal (Main Line - Harding's Wood to Middlewich) to Red Bull Services Travel to Etruria Junction, then on the Trent and Mersey Canal (Caldon Branch - Main Line to Froghall) to Etruria Services
Nearest Chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Harding's Wood Junction
Nearest Place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Harecastle Tunnel
Harecastle Tunnel is a canal tunnel on the Trent and Mersey Canal at Kidsgrove in Staffordshire. It is made up of two separate, parallel, tunnels described as Brindley (2,880 yards or 2,633 metres) and the later Telford (2,926 yards or 2,675 metres) after the engineers that constructed them. Today only the Telford tunnel is navigable. The tunnel is only wide enough to carry traffic in one direction at a time and boats are sent through in groups, alternating northbound and southbound. Ventilation is handled by a large fan at the south portal.