Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Santander Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (1¾ furlongs away)
The place is a wharf.
|Guide Bridge Bridge No 25||1 mile, 1½ furlongs|
|Guide Bridge No 26||1 mile|
|Jeremy Brook Footbridge No 27||5¾ furlongs|
|Site of Factory Bridge No 27A||4¾ furlongs|
|Walk Mill Bridge No 28||2½ furlongs|
|Portland Street Footbridge No 29||¼ furlongs|
|Cavendish Street Bridge No 30||1½ furlongs|
|Supermarket Tunnel (West end)||1¾ furlongs|
|Supermarket Tunnel (East end)||2½ furlongs|
|Ashton-under-Lyne Railway Viaduct No 32||3 furlongs|
|Peak Forest Canal (Lower)|
|Portland Basin Stone Bridge||a few yards|
|Portland Basin Aqueduct||¼ furlongs|
|Portland Basin Arm||½ furlongs|
|Dukinfield Railway Bridge||¾ furlongs|
|Dukinfield Lift Bridge No 1||2¾ furlongs|
- Cineworld Ashton (Movie Theatre)
1119 yards to the northwest.
- Ashton Canal (Landmark)
31 yards to the northwest.
- Macclesfield Canal (Landmark)
94 yards to the north.
- Tameside Canal Boat Trust (Travel & Transportation)
26 yards to the northwest.
- Olympic Sports Gym (Gym, Fitness Center, Physical Fitness)
481 yards to the northwest.
- Bridge View Cafe (Coffee Shop, Tea Room)
63 yards to the northwest.
- Nandos Ashton Moss (Portuguese Restaurant)
1137 yards to the northwest.
- The Ladysmith (Pub)
1051 yards to the northeast.
- Portland Basin (Public Places & Attractions, History Museum, Boating)
63 yards to the north.
- Asda Ashton (Big Box Retailer)
383 yards to the northeast.
- Dukinfield Town Hall (Public Places & Attractions, City Hall, Government Organization)
778 yards to the southeast.
- The Village Hotel, Ashton-u-lyne (Hotel)
673 yards to the northwest.
- Ikea Manchester (Furniture Store)
1017 yards to the north.
- Ashton Primary Care Centre (Medical Center)
455 yards to the north.
- Bizzy Bouncers (Playground)
1389 yards to the north.
- Chiquitos (Mexican Restaurant)
1135 yards to the northwest.
- Unicorn Fitness (Gym)
642 yards to the north.
- Ashton Swimming Baths (Swimming Pool, Gym)
791 yards to the north.
- Ashton Walk In Centre (Medical Center)
470 yards to the north.
- Village Gym. Ashton Moss. (Gym, Fitness Center, Physical Fitness)
1137 yards to the northwest.
- Ashton Police Station (Police Station)
572 yards to the west.
- Pyramid Snooker Club (Sports Club)
580 yards to the southeast.
- Pinochios (Food & Restaurant)
565 yards to the north.
- Ashton town hall (City Hall, Government Organization)
986 yards to the northeast.
- Ashton Pools (Swimming Pool)
784 yards to the north.
- Colin Appleyard (Armored Cars)
327 yards to the northeast.
- Chuckles Fun Factory (Playground)
1157 yards to the east.
Wikipedia has a page about Dukinfield Junction
Dukinfield Junction (grid reference SJ933984) is the name of the canal junction where the Peak Forest Canal, the Ashton Canal and the Huddersfield Narrow Canal meet near Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester, England. The area has been designated by Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council as a conservation area.
It is adjacent to Portland Basin, and the names are often used as synonyms by boaters, whilst locals refer only to Portland Basin. Strictly speaking, Portland Basin is the wide area on the main line of the canal. The arm under the junction bridge and the aqueduct over the River Tame were built by the Ashton Canal, and the junction with the Peak Forest canal was historically at the southern end of the aqueduct.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or