Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Santander Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (340 away)
The place is a wharf.
|Guide Bridge Bridge No 25||1 mile, 1½ furlongs|
|Guide Bridge No 26||1 mile|
|Jeremy Brook Footbridge No 27||5¾ furlongs|
|Site of Factory Bridge No 27A||4¾ furlongs|
|Walk Mill Bridge No 28||2½ furlongs|
|Portland Street Footbridge No 29||¼ furlongs|
|Cavendish Street Bridge No 30||1½ furlongs|
|Supermarket Tunnel (West end)||1¾ furlongs|
|Supermarket Tunnel (East end)||2½ furlongs|
|Ashton-under-Lyne Railway Viaduct No 32||3 furlongs|
|Peak Forest Canal (Lower)|
|Portland Basin Stone Bridge||a few yards|
|Portland Basin Aqueduct||¼ furlongs|
|Portland Basin Arm||½ furlongs|
|Dukinfield Railway Bridge||¾ furlongs|
|Dukinfield Lift Bridge No 1||2¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
- Professional Alert Security Ltd (Patrol & Security)
364 to the southeast.
- JJ Shields (Management Service)
72 to the southwest.
- Vitamin-Shop Ashton under Lyne (Health Food Store)
635 to the northeast.
- Ashton Canal (Outdoors)
28 to the northwest.
- Bridge View Cafe (Coffee Shop, Tea Room)
43 to the northwest.
- Veggie vibez cafe (Vegetarian & Vegan Restaurant, Cafe, Bakery)
800 to the northeast.
- Butlers Plants (Sports & Recreation)
529 to the west.
- Tenei-na Karate Club (Martial Arts)
442 to the southeast.
- Fitlight Centre incorporating the SPI Lab (Fitness Center)
167 to the west.
- e-tec computer services (Computer Services)
375 to the east.
- Domestic Saviours (Home Cleaning)
599 to the southeast.
- HTF tyres / HI-Q Dukinfield (Tire Dealer)
424 to the east.
- The Amazing Charity shop and gospel church (Religious Organization)
556 to the northeast.
- Dixon & Smith (Automotive Repair)
157 to the southeast.
- Wimpole Garages (Automotive Repair)
241 to the northwest.
- Chartered Physio (Professional Services)
579 to the northeast.
- Tameside hopsital (Hospital)
439 to the southeast.
- Howdens Joinery (Workplace & Office)
146 to the northwest.
- Dukinfield and Ashton railway station (Train Station)
357 to the east.
- Happy Mobiles (Mobile Phone Shop, Computer Services)
555 to the north.
- Portland Basin Marina (Museum, Outdoors, Tourist Attraction)
96 to the northeast.
- Essence Of Tan&beauty (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
475 to the west.
- D Kelly (Shopping & Retail)
139 to the north.
- GP Auto Repairs (Automotive Repair)
396 to the east.
- Colin Appleyard (Car Dealership)
299 to the northeast.
- Portland Basin Museum (History Museum)
2 to the north.
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water pointOn the Ashton Canal in the direction of Ducie Street Junction
Nearest Rubbish disposal
Nearest Chemical toilet disposalOn the Ashton Canal in the direction of Ducie Street Junction
Nearest Place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Dukinfield Junction
Dukinfield Junction (grid reference SJ933984) is the name of the canal junction where the Peak Forest Canal, the Ashton Canal and the Huddersfield Narrow Canal meet near Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester, England. The area has been designated by Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council as a conservation area.
It is adjacent to Portland Basin, and the names are often used as synonyms by boaters, whilst locals refer only to Portland Basin. Strictly speaking, Portland Basin is the wide area on the main line of the canal. The arm under the junction bridge and the aqueduct over the River Tame were built by the Ashton Canal, and the junction with the Peak Forest canal was historically at the southern end of the aqueduct.