Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Santander Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (1¾ furlongs away)
The place is a wharf.
|Guide Bridge Bridge No 25||1 mile, 1½ furlongs|
|Guide Bridge No 26||1 mile|
|Jeremy Brook Footbridge No 27||5¾ furlongs|
|Site of Factory Bridge No 27A||4¾ furlongs|
|Walk Mill Bridge No 28||2½ furlongs|
|Portland Street Footbridge No 29||¼ furlongs|
|Cavendish Street Bridge No 30||1½ furlongs|
|Supermarket Tunnel (West end)||1¾ furlongs|
|Supermarket Tunnel (East end)||2½ furlongs|
|Ashton-under-Lyne Railway Viaduct No 32||3 furlongs|
|Peak Forest Canal (Lower)|
|Portland Basin Stone Bridge||a few yards|
|Portland Basin Aqueduct||¼ furlongs|
|Portland Basin Arm||½ furlongs|
|Dukinfield Railway Bridge||¾ furlongs|
|Dukinfield Lift Bridge No 1||2¾ furlongs|
- Cineworld Ashton (Movie Theatre)
1108 yards to the northwest.
- Studio Pixie Photography (Photographer)
719 yards to the south.
- Nandos Ashton Moss (Portuguese Restaurant)
1150 yards to the northwest.
- Portland Basin (Public Places & Attractions, History Museum, Boating)
42 yards to the north.
- Asda Ashton (Big Box Retailer)
382 yards to the northeast.
- Bridge View Cafe (Cafe)
47 yards to the northwest.
- Ashton Primary Care Centre (Medical Center)
471 yards to the north.
- Ashton town hall (City Hall, Government Organization)
996 yards to the northeast.
- Ikea (Furniture Store, Home Decor, Hardware Store)
993 yards to the north.
- Tameside Magistrates' Court (Courthouse)
374 yards to the northwest.
- M60 Cleaning Supplies (Cleaning Service)
759 yards to the northeast.
- Ashton Bus Station (Bus Station, Train Station, Bus Line)
961 yards to the north.
- Dukinfield Town Hall (Public Places & Attractions, Government Organization, City Hall)
787 yards to the southeast.
- Ashton Police Station (Train Station, Police Station)
526 yards to the northwest.
- Hollywood Bowling Ashton Moss (Sports & Recreation, Bowling Alley)
1118 yards to the northwest.
- Frankie & Benny's (Italian Restaurant, Bar, American Restaurant)
1154 yards to the northwest.
- Chiquitos (Mexican Restaurant)
1134 yards to the northwest.
- Ashton Walk In Centre (Medical Center)
467 yards to the north.
- Bizzy Bouncers (Playground)
1385 yards to the north.
- Herb and Spice Restaurant (Indian Restaurant)
1407 yards to the southeast.
- Ashton Train Station (Train Station)
1115 yards to the north.
- K F C (Fast Food Restaurant, Chicken Restaurant)
1198 yards to the northwest.
- Chuckles Fun Factory (Playground)
1158 yards to the east.
Wikipedia has a page about Dukinfield Junction
Dukinfield Junction (grid reference SJ933984) is the name of the canal junction where the Peak Forest Canal, the Ashton Canal and the Huddersfield Narrow Canal meet near Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester, England. The area has been designated by Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council as a conservation area.
It is adjacent to Portland Basin, and the names are often used as synonyms by boaters, whilst locals refer only to Portland Basin. Strictly speaking, Portland Basin is the wide area on the main line of the canal. The arm under the junction bridge and the aqueduct over the River Tame were built by the Ashton Canal, and the junction with the Peak Forest canal was historically at the southern end of the aqueduct.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or