Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Santander Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (340 away)
The place is a wharf.
|Guide Bridge Bridge No 25||1 mile, 1½ furlongs|
|Guide Bridge No 26||1 mile|
|Jeremy Brook Footbridge No 27||5¾ furlongs|
|Site of Factory Bridge No 27A||4¾ furlongs|
|Walk Mill Bridge No 28||2½ furlongs|
|Portland Street Footbridge No 29||¼ furlongs|
|Cavendish Street Bridge No 30||1½ furlongs|
|Supermarket Tunnel (West end)||1¾ furlongs|
|Supermarket Tunnel (East end)||2½ furlongs|
|Ashton-under-Lyne Railway Viaduct No 32||3 furlongs|
|Peak Forest Canal (Lower)|
|Portland Basin Stone Bridge||a few yards|
|Portland Basin Aqueduct||¼ furlongs|
|Portland Basin Arm||½ furlongs|
|Dukinfield Railway Bridge||¾ furlongs|
|Dukinfield Lift Bridge No 1||2¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
- Total Cricket (Sports Center)
370 to the southwest.
- Dukinfield Junction (History Museum)
2 to the north.
- KFC Collection / Delivery Tameside (Food & Grocery)
418 to the north.
- The Amazing Charity shop and gospel church (Religious Organization)
556 to the northeast.
- Boxed2Perfection - Cards, Crafts and Gifts (Arts & Crafts Supply Store)
364 to the northwest.
- Ashton Canal (Outdoors)
28 to the northwest.
- Roy Turnbull Fasteners Ltd (Manufacturing)
358 to the south.
- Steelworkshop/Probartending (Manufacturing)
400 to the south.
- Liz's Forever Living (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
364 to the northwest.
- Hair extensions is my World (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
667 to the northeast.
- Barcode Data Ltd (Printing Service)
142 to the northwest.
- ADAM & EVE Waxing and Threading Co. (Beauty Salon, Nail Salon, Hair Removal)
617 to the northeast.
- Mary Haworth Beauty Culture (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
704 to the northeast.
- Xperience (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
660 to the northeast.
- Bridge View Cafe (Coffee Shop, Tea Room)
42 to the northwest.
- E.J.T Construction (Construction Service & Supply)
167 to the west.
- Tameside Centre For Enterprise (Business Services, Event Venue, Workplace & Office)
392 to the north.
- Keystaff Recruitment (Recruiter)
555 to the northeast.
- Portland Basin Marina (Museum, Outdoors, Tourist Attraction)
50 to the southwest.
- Bridge View Cafe at Portland Basin, Ashton (Cafe)
58 to the northwest.
- A-Bambo's Play Party Hire (Party Supplies)
202 to the north.
- Isuzu UK (Car Dealership)
298 to the east.
- Pyramid Snooker Club (Sports Club)
1029 to the southeast.
- Finalfix ltd (Construction Service & Supply)
277 to the southeast.
- PP'S Tattoo Studio (Arts & Entertainment, Tattoo & Piercing)
563 to the northeast.
- Flow Food (Wholesale & Supply Store)
358 to the south.
- Wood Street Cafe, Ashton-Under-Lyne (Cafe)
681 to the northeast.
- Hands of Light (Alternative & Holistic Health)
1113 to the northeast.
- The Co-operative Travel (Travel & Transportation)
673 to the northeast.
- Penetrated Ace CustomTattoos (Tattoo & Piercing)
518 to the southeast.
- Dukinfield and Ashton railway station (Train Station)
357 to the east.
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water pointOn the Ashton Canal in the direction of Ducie Street Junction
Nearest Rubbish disposal
Nearest Chemical toilet disposalOn the Ashton Canal in the direction of Ducie Street Junction
Nearest Place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Dukinfield Junction
Dukinfield Junction (grid reference SJ933984) is the name of the canal junction where the Peak Forest Canal, the Ashton Canal and the Huddersfield Narrow Canal meet near Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester, England. The area has been designated by Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council as a conservation area.
It is adjacent to Portland Basin, and the names are often used as synonyms by boaters, whilst locals refer only to Portland Basin. Strictly speaking, Portland Basin is the wide area on the main line of the canal. The arm under the junction bridge and the aqueduct over the River Tame were built by the Ashton Canal, and the junction with the Peak Forest canal was historically at the southern end of the aqueduct.