Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Santander Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (1¾ furlongs away)
The place is a wharf.
|Guide Bridge Bridge No 25||1 mile, 1½ furlongs|
|Guide Bridge No 26||1 mile|
|Jeremy Brook Footbridge No 27||5¾ furlongs|
|Site of Factory Bridge No 27A||4¾ furlongs|
|Walk Mill Bridge No 28||2½ furlongs|
|Portland Street Footbridge No 29||¼ furlongs|
|Cavendish Street Bridge No 30||1½ furlongs|
|Supermarket Tunnel (West end)||1¾ furlongs|
|Supermarket Tunnel (East end)||2½ furlongs|
|Ashton-under-Lyne Railway Viaduct No 32||3 furlongs|
|Peak Forest Canal (Lower)|
|Portland Basin Stone Bridge||a few yards|
|Portland Basin Aqueduct||¼ furlongs|
|Portland Basin Arm||½ furlongs|
|Dukinfield Railway Bridge||¾ furlongs|
|Dukinfield Lift Bridge No 1||2¾ furlongs|
- Cineworld Ashton (Movie Theatre)
1109 yards to the northwest.
- Complete Fakeover (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
490 yards to the southeast.
- Healthy Hounds Therapies (Pet Service)
437 yards to the south.
- Ashton Market & Farmers' Market (Shopping & Retail)
896 yards to the northeast.
- Ashton Canal (Landmark)
31 yards to the northwest.
- Olympic Sports Gym (Gym, Fitness Center, Physical Fitness)
480 yards to the northwest.
- CrossFit Tameside (Fitness Center, Gym, Physical Fitness)
1085 yards to the east.
- Total Cricket (Sports & Recreation)
479 yards to the northwest.
- Puccini Ashton (Italian Restaurant)
723 yards to the north.
- Top GSM (Repair Service)
608 yards to the northeast.
- HTF tyres / HI-Q Dukinfield (Tire Dealer)
474 yards to the east.
- The Witchwood (Arts & Entertainment)
506 yards to the north.
- Portland basin (Public Places & Attractions, History Museum, Boating)
51 yards to the north.
- Ashton primary care centre (Medical Center)
471 yards to the north.
- Ashton Swimming Pool (Gym, Swimming Pool)
801 yards to the north.
- Ikea (Furniture Store, Home Decor, Hardware Store)
992 yards to the north.
- Village Gym. Ashton Moss. (Fitness Center, Physical Fitness, Gym)
1146 yards to the northwest.
- Go To Doc (Doctor)
470 yards to the north.
- Asda Ashton (Big Box Retailer)
382 yards to the northeast.
- The Ash Tree - Wetherspoons (Pub, Bar)
1016 yards to the northeast.
- Starbucks Village Hotels - Ashton Moss (Coffee Shop)
1146 yards to the northwest.
- McDonald's Restaurant (Fast Food Restaurant)
863 yards to the northeast.
- Costa Coffee Ashton under Lyne (Coffee Shop, Cafe)
834 yards to the north.
- Ashton Police Station (Train Station, Police Station)
527 yards to the northwest.
- Ashton Walk In Centre (Medical Center)
467 yards to the north.
- De Vere Village, Ashton Under Lyne (Hotel)
1150 yards to the northwest.
- Oxford Park Community Sports Centre (Fitness Center, Sports Center, Gym)
884 yards to the southwest.
- Frankie And Bennies (Italian Restaurant, American Restaurant, Bar)
1152 yards to the northwest.
- Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust (Medical & Health)
372 yards to the north.
- Frankie & Benny's (Italian Restaurant, Bar, American Restaurant)
1154 yards to the northwest.
- Ashton Bus Station (Bus Station, Train Station, Bus Line)
961 yards to the north.
- Frankys N Bennys (Italian Restaurant, American Restaurant)
1155 yards to the northwest.
- Dukinfield Town Hall (Public Places & Attractions, Government Organization, City Hall)
787 yards to the southeast.
- Arcades Shopping Centre (Shopping Mall)
874 yards to the north.
Wikipedia has a page about Dukinfield Junction
Dukinfield Junction (grid reference SJ933984) is the name of the canal junction where the Peak Forest Canal, the Ashton Canal and the Huddersfield Narrow Canal meet near Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester, England. The area has been designated by Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council as a conservation area.
It is adjacent to Portland Basin, and the names are often used as synonyms by boaters, whilst locals refer only to Portland Basin. Strictly speaking, Portland Basin is the wide area on the main line of the canal. The arm under the junction bridge and the aqueduct over the River Tame were built by the Ashton Canal, and the junction with the Peak Forest canal was historically at the southern end of the aqueduct.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or