Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Santander Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (340 away)
The place is a wharf.
|Guide Bridge Bridge No 25||1 mile, 1½ furlongs|
|Guide Bridge No 26||1 mile|
|Jeremy Brook Footbridge No 27||5¾ furlongs|
|Site of Factory Bridge No 27A||4¾ furlongs|
|Walk Mill Bridge No 28||2½ furlongs|
|Portland Street Footbridge No 29||¼ furlongs|
|Cavendish Street Bridge No 30||1½ furlongs|
|Supermarket Tunnel (West end)||1¾ furlongs|
|Supermarket Tunnel (East end)||2½ furlongs|
|Ashton-under-Lyne Railway Viaduct No 32||3 furlongs|
|Peak Forest Canal (Lower)|
|Portland Basin Stone Bridge||a few yards|
|Portland Basin Aqueduct||¼ furlongs|
|Portland Basin Arm||½ furlongs|
|Dukinfield Railway Bridge||¾ furlongs|
|Dukinfield Lift Bridge No 1||2¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointOn the Ashton Canal in the direction of Ducie Street Junction
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn the Ashton Canal in the direction of Ducie Street Junction
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to Ducie Street Junction, then on the Rochdale Canal to New Islington Marina
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Dukinfield Junction
Dukinfield Junction (grid reference SJ933984) is the name of the canal junction where the Peak Forest Canal, the Ashton Canal and the Huddersfield Narrow Canal meet near Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester, England. The area has been designated by Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council as a conservation area.
It is adjacent to Portland Basin, and the names are often used as synonyms by boaters, whilst locals refer only to Portland Basin. Strictly speaking, Portland Basin is the wide area on the main line of the canal. The arm under the junction bridge and the aqueduct over the River Tame were built by the Ashton Canal, and the junction with the Peak Forest canal was historically at the southern end of the aqueduct.
- The Witchwood Live - Official (Event Venue, Bar)
427 to the north.
- Bridge View Cafe (Tea Room, Cafe, Coffee Shop)
44 to the northwest.
- Al Noor Cafe & Sweet Centre (Dessert Place, Caterer, Take Out Restaurant)
1042 to the northeast.
- Topaz Cafe (Vegetarian & Vegan Restaurant)
627 to the north.
- bake&TAKE (Cafe, Bakery, Grocery Store)
741 to the northeast.
- Puccini Ashton (Italian Restaurant)
653 to the north.
- Dukinfield Junction (History Museum)
2 to the north.
- Dukinfield Pets (ShoppingRetail)
506 to the southeast.
- Little Leaps Pre-School (Preschool, Child Care, Day Care)
694 to the southwest.
- Macs Soda (Place to EatDrink, ShoppingRetail)
1471 to the northeast.
- Ashton Canal (Civic Structure)
28 to the northwest.
- Trike Guy (Bike Shop, Motorcycles, Recreational Vehicle Dealer)
137 to the north.
- B.E Events and Occasions (Wedding Planning)
662 to the northeast.
- Sheer Elegance nickynailgaga harrison and Ashleas NailStudio (Nail Salon)
709 to the northeast.
- Ashton Ink (Tattoo & Piercing, Beauty Salon, Artistic Service)
989 to the northeast.
- Cheshire Van Sales Ltd (Commercial Automotive, Car Dealership)
292 to the east.
- FatBoy Customs (Automotive Customizing)
1197 to the north.
- Cat Suit Factory (Costume Shop)
442 to the southeast.
- Bizzy Bouncers Ashton (Public Places & Attractions, Arts & Entertainment)
1274 to the north.
- ADAM & EVE Waxing and Threading Co. (Hair Removal, Nail Salon, Beauty Salon)
642 to the northeast.
- Seraphina Centre (Alternative & Holistic Health)
706 to the northeast.
- Salon 50 (Hair Salon, Beauty Salon, Nail Salon)
623 to the north.
- Easysalons Ashton (Hair Salon, Tanning Salon, Nail Salon)
740 to the northeast.
- Super Fresh Mini Mart (Butcher Shop, Fruit & Vegetable Store)
592 to the northwest.
- The Leap Children & Families Centre (Community & Government)
694 to the southwest.
- The Witchwood (Performance Venue, Bar)
424 to the north.
- Tameside Sea Cadets (Youth Organization)
718 to the northeast.
- Last Resort Mcc (Motorcycles)
681 to the northeast.
- Portland Basin Marina (Museum)
46 to the northwest.
- Ashton Canal (Outdoor Recreation)
33 to the west.
- Portland Basin Marina (Professional Service, Museum, Tourist Attraction)
38 to the east.
- Cavendish Mill (Museum)
208 to the northeast.
- Pinnichios Ashton (Italian Restaurant)
503 to the north.
- Ree-Style Barbershop (Barber Shop)
263 to the northeast.
- Lilly's Patisserie & Bistro (Coffee Shop)
546 to the northeast.
- Tameside Magistrates' Court (Courthouse)
378 to the northwest.
- Fat Lennys Saloon (Sports Bar)
630 to the north.
- Beauty Spot (SpasBeautyPersonal Care)
1348 to the southeast.
- The Beau Geste (Bar)
730 to the north.