Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Santander Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (340 away)
The place is a wharf.
|Guide Bridge Bridge No 25||1 mile, 1½ furlongs|
|Guide Bridge No 26||1 mile|
|Jeremy Brook Footbridge No 27||5¾ furlongs|
|Site of Factory Bridge No 27A||4¾ furlongs|
|Walk Mill Bridge No 28||2½ furlongs|
|Portland Street Footbridge No 29||¼ furlongs|
|Cavendish Street Bridge No 30||1½ furlongs|
|Supermarket Tunnel (West end)||1¾ furlongs|
|Supermarket Tunnel (East end)||2½ furlongs|
|Ashton-under-Lyne Railway Viaduct No 32||3 furlongs|
|Peak Forest Canal (Lower)|
|Portland Basin Stone Bridge||a few yards|
|Portland Basin Aqueduct||¼ furlongs|
|Portland Basin Arm||½ furlongs|
|Dukinfield Railway Bridge||¾ furlongs|
|Dukinfield Lift Bridge No 1||2¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
- Permanent Makeup by J.Taylor (Cosmetics & Beauty Supply)
724 to the northeast.
- Diamonds of Ashton (Beauty Salon)
748 to the north.
- Sylvia's Secrets (Beauty Salon)
563 to the northeast.
- ADAM & EVE Waxing and Threading Co. (Hair Removal, Nail Salon, Beauty Salon)
617 to the northeast.
- Eden Floral Design Co. (Florist, Funeral Service, Party Supplies)
624 to the northeast.
- Dukinfield Pets (Pet Service)
506 to the southeast.
- Healthy Hounds Therapies (Pet Service)
393 to the south.
- Hollywood Bowl Manchester (Bowling Alley)
1018 to the northwest.
- King Kombat Systems (Sports & Recreation)
346 to the southwest.
- Active Ashton (Sports & Recreation)
803 to the north.
- Bridge View Cafe (Coffee Shop, Tea Room)
42 to the northwest.
- Ash Tree Farm - Farmhouse Inn (Family Style Restaurant)
1055 to the northwest.
- Puccini Ashton (Italian Restaurant)
653 to the north.
- Nandos Ashton Moss (Portuguese Restaurant, Chicken Restaurant)
1029 to the northwest.
- The Indian Ocean Restaurant (Take Out Restaurant, Indian Restaurant)
1056 to the northeast.
- Zing & Zest (Indian Restaurant)
1068 to the north.
- Tameside Ecigs and Vape 'n' Shake Lounge (Shopping & Retail)
568 to the northeast.
- Astley Arms (Karaoke, Sports Bar, Pub)
626 to the south.
- Prince of Orange (Pub)
946 to the north.
- The Sheldon Arms (Restaurant)
1065 to the northwest.
- The Witchwood (Concert Venue)
426 to the north.
- Portland Basin Marina (Outdoors, Tourist Attraction, Museum)
66 to the east.
- Cineworld Ashton Under Lyne (Movie Theater)
1018 to the northwest.
- Pure Gym Ashton Under Lyne (Gym)
925 to the north.
- Pinnichios Ashton (Italian Restaurant)
503 to the north.
- Ree-Style Barbershop (Barber Shop)
267 to the northeast.
- Bella Italia, Ashton Moss (Italian Restaurant)
1052 to the northwest.
- Village Hotel (Hotel)
1040 to the northwest.
- Battlefield Paintballing (Paintball)
305 to the southwest.
- Jade Gardens Chinese (AUL) (Cantonese Restaurant)
980 to the northeast.
- Tameside Magistrates' Court (Courthouse)
378 to the northwest.
- Five Guys (Burger Restaurant, Fast Food Restaurant)
1035 to the northwest.
- Ashton Ikea (Furniture Store)
912 to the north.
- Village Hotel Manchester Ashton Moss (Hotel)
1044 to the northwest.
- Lilly's Patisserie & Bistro (Restaurant, Coffee Shop)
551 to the northeast.
- The Beau Geste (Bar)
733 to the north.
- Penetrated Ace CustomTattoos (Tattoo & Piercing)
518 to the southeast.
- Village Hotel Ashton (Lodging)
1006 to the northwest.
- Pyramid Snooker Club (Sports Club)
527 to the southeast.
- Busy Bouncers (Arts & Entertainment)
1272 to the north.
- Ikea (Furniture Store)
923 to the north.
- The Alexander (Place to Eat/Drink)
806 to the north.
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water pointOn the Ashton Canal in the direction of Ducie Street Junction
Nearest Rubbish disposal
Nearest Chemical toilet disposalOn the Ashton Canal in the direction of Ducie Street Junction
Nearest Place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Dukinfield Junction
Dukinfield Junction (grid reference SJ933984) is the name of the canal junction where the Peak Forest Canal, the Ashton Canal and the Huddersfield Narrow Canal meet near Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester, England. The area has been designated by Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council as a conservation area.
It is adjacent to Portland Basin, and the names are often used as synonyms by boaters, whilst locals refer only to Portland Basin. Strictly speaking, Portland Basin is the wide area on the main line of the canal. The arm under the junction bridge and the aqueduct over the River Tame were built by the Ashton Canal, and the junction with the Peak Forest canal was historically at the southern end of the aqueduct.