Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Mainline railway stations (1 mile and 2¼ furlongs away)
- Sims Metals Avonmouth (Professional Services)
1616 yards to the east.
- Westlands (Cargo & Freight)
776 yards to the east.
- T Shed Avonmouth Docks (Cargo & Freight)
1108 yards to the east.
- Avonmouth Container Terminal (Port)
1424 yards to the east.
- Bristol Cruise Terminal (Cruise)
1133 yards to the southeast.
- Remix Dry Mortar (Workplace & Office)
1364 yards to the southeast.
- Bunn Fertilisers (Cargo & Freight)
1140 yards to the east.
- Abs Portbury (Business Services)
1234 yards to the south.
- Westland Horticulture (Cargo & Freight)
785 yards to the east.
- Avonmouth Docks (Port)
1166 yards to the east.
Wikipedia has a page about Avonmouth Docks
The Avonmouth Docks are part of the Port of Bristol, in England. They are situated on the northern side of the mouth of the River Avon, opposite the Royal Portbury Dock on the southern side, where the river joins the Severn estuary, within Avonmouth.
Accessible via a 210 metres (690 ft) long and 30 metres (98 ft) wide lock, today the docks are one of the UK's major ports for chilled foods, especially fruit and vegetables. Land-side freight access and distribution is via either the M5 motorway or the Henbury Loop Line, whilst rail-passenger access is via Avonmouth railway station on the Severn Beach Line.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or