Harecastle Tunnel (North end)
Facilities: chemical toilet disposal, rubbish disposal and water point.
|Ravensdale Bridge No 129||2 miles, 2½ furlongs|
|Tunstall Pipe Bridge||2 miles, 1 furlong|
|Chatterley Arm Bridge No 129A||2 miles|
|Turnover Bridge No 130||1 mile, 6 furlongs|
|Harecastle Tunnel (South end)||1 mile, 5¼ furlongs|
|Harecastle Tunnel (North end)|
|Harecastle Bridge No 131||½ furlongs|
|Kidsgrove Railway Bridge||½ furlongs|
|Turnover Bridge No 132||1¼ furlongs|
|Hardings Wood Railway Bridge||2¼ furlongs|
|Harding's Wood Junction||2½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
- Nicole Hardy - Photographer (Photographer)
436 to the north.
- Charter House Accountancy Group (Accountant, Tax Preparation)
456 to the northeast.
- Just A Pole (Physical Fitness)
303 to the north.
- Linda B's Cakes (Community & Government)
339 to the northwest.
- Clough Hall (Bar & Grill)
1056 to the west.
- Fabulous Festive Baker Man (Bakery)
635 to the north.
- The Cakery Bakery (Food & Grocery)
876 to the west.
- Kidsgrove Slimming World (Meeting Room)
112 to the northeast.
- JLPSupplements (Physical Fitness, Active Life, Sporting Goods Store)
730 to the west.
- Funky Gifts Emporium (Shopping & Retail)
743 to the east.
- Kidsgrove Sports Centre (Travel Agency)
213 to the west.
- Kidsgrove railway station (Train Station)
193 to the north.
- Fine feathers (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
297 to the north.
- 3Pearlz (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
443 to the northeast.
- Official Skin 'n' Tonic in Kidsgrove (Beauty Salon)
311 to the northeast.
- Hairalicious (Hair Salon, Hairpieces & Extensions, Beauty Salon)
743 to the east.
- La Bellas Beauty Salon (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
319 to the northeast.
- Flossy's Vintage China Hire (Vintage Store)
607 to the west.
- Papillon Exclusive Catering (Event Planning)
349 to the east.
- Global travel Staffordshire-LTD (Public Transportation)
385 to the northeast.
- Dave Bloor Painting (Painter)
669 to the north.
- Kutz & Images Unisex mobile hairdressing (Hair Salon)
513 to the west.
- Kath Bell Dog Training (Dog Training)
1034 to the northeast.
- Beechwood Veterinary Practice (Veterinarian)
334 to the northeast.
- Kidsgove (Shopping & Retail)
505 to the north.
- Clough Hall Swimming Baths (Swimming Pool)
115 to the southwest.
- Kidsgrove Train Station (Train Station)
204 to the north.
- Newcastle Sub Aqua Club (Sports & Recreation)
108 to the west.
- Kidsgrove Leisure Centre (Sports & Recreation)
177 to the southwest.
- Clough Hall Technology School (School)
108 to the southwest.
- Tesco (Grocery Store)
512 to the north.
- Kidsgrove Flames (Restaurant)
329 to the northeast.
- Whitehill (Residence)
1105 to the northeast.
- Jimmy's Toys and Games (Toy Store)
470 to the northeast.
- Cut to A T (Hair Salon)
234 to the northeast.
- E & M Commercial Repairs (Automotive Repair)
377 to the north.
- T&M Digital Services (Cable & Satellite Service)
822 to the northeast.
- Bargain Booze (Specialty Grocery Store)
382 to the north.
- The Hook Nook (Gift Shop)
761 to the southwest.
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water pointThe nearest Water point is here. Others are at:
Nearest Rubbish disposalThe nearest Rubbish disposal is here. Others are at: Travel to Harding's Wood Junction, then on the Trent and Mersey Canal (Main Line - Harding's Wood to Middlewich) to Red Bull Services Travel to Etruria Junction, then on the Trent and Mersey Canal (Caldon Branch - Main Line to Froghall) to Etruria Services
Nearest Chemical toilet disposalThe nearest Chemical toilet disposal is here. Others are at:
Nearest Place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Harecastle Tunnel
Harecastle Tunnel is a canal tunnel on the Trent and Mersey Canal at Kidsgrove in Staffordshire. It is made up of two separate, parallel, tunnels described as Brindley (2,880 yards or 2,633 metres) and the later Telford (2,926 yards or 2,675 metres) after the engineers that constructed them. Today only the Telford tunnel is navigable. The tunnel is only wide enough to carry traffic in one direction at a time and boats are sent through in groups, alternating northbound and southbound. Ventilation is handled by a large fan at the south portal.