Bell Weir Lock
Facilities: rubbish disposal and toilets.
Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Mainline railway stations (5¾ furlongs away)
This is a lock with a rise of 5f0.
|Pats Croft Eyot||1 mile, 6 furlongs|
|Magna Carta Island||1 mile, 3¾ furlongs|
|The Island, Hythe End||4¼ furlongs|
|Bell Weir Boats||3 furlongs|
|Bell Weir Lock Weir Entrance||1 furlong|
|Bell Weir Lock|
|Bell Weir Lock Weir Exit||¾ furlongs|
|Thames - Colne Brook Junction||1¼ furlongs|
|Runnymede Motorway Bridge||1½ furlongs|
|Holm Island||3¾ furlongs|
|Hollyhock Island||4¾ furlongs|
- Sushi and Korean cuisine by K J Garden - Egham (Sushi Restaurant, Korean Restaurant)
962 yards to the southwest.
- Prime Personal Training Studio (Personal Trainer, Gym, Fitness Center)
945 yards to the southwest.
- Red Rose Restaurant (Indian Restaurant)
795 yards to the southwest.
- the runnymede-on-thames (Spa, Restaurant)
66 yards to the southeast.
- Egham Surrey United Kingdom (City)
389 yards to the south.
- Burger King Egham (Burger Restaurant, Fast Food Restaurant)
372 yards to the south.
- M25 Car Park x (Highway)
860 yards to the northeast.
- Egham Sports Centre (Sports Center)
1137 yards to the south.
- Prezzo (Italian Restaurant)
1499 yards to the southwest.
- Loch Fyne Restaurants (Fish & Chips Shop, Seafood Restaurant)
1433 yards to the southwest.
- The White Lion (Bar)
633 yards to the southwest.
- M25 J13 (Highway)
817 yards to the northeast.
- Costa Coffee - Egham (Coffee Shop)
954 yards to the southwest.
- Eat Thai (Thai Restaurant)
938 yards to the southwest.
- Mario's Lunchbox (Cafe)
903 yards to the southwest.
Wikipedia has a page about Bell Weir Lock
Bell Weir Lock is a lock on the River Thames in England situated on the Surrey bank near Egham. It is just upstream of the M25 Runnymede Bridge which carries the M25 and A30 road across the river. The lock was first built by the Thames Navigation Commission in 1817.
The weir is just a short distance upstream above the island.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or