Bell Weir Lock
Facilities: rubbish disposal and toilets.
Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Mainline railway stations (5¾ furlongs away)
This is a lock with a rise of 5f0.
|Marker place "!26du"||4½ furlongs|
|The Island, Hythe End||4¼ furlongs|
|Marker place "!26dv"||3¾ furlongs|
|Bell Weir Boats||3 furlongs|
|Bell Weir Lock Weir Entrance||1 furlong|
|Bell Weir Lock|
|Bell Weir Lock Weir Exit||¾ furlongs|
|Thames - Colne Brook Junction||1¼ furlongs|
|Runnymede Motorway Bridge||1½ furlongs|
|Holm Island||3½ furlongs|
|Hollyhock Island||4¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposalThe nearest rubbish disposal is here. Others are at:
Nearest chemical toilet disposal
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Osney Bridge
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Bell Weir Lock
Bell Weir Lock is a lock on the River Thames in England situated on the Surrey bank near Egham. It is just upstream of the M25 Runnymede Bridge which carries the M25 and A30 road across the river. The lock was first built by the Thames Navigation Commission in 1817.
The weir is just a short distance upstream above the island.
- The Island, Hythe End (Island)
813 yards to the northwest.
- Achieve Lifestyle (Recreation Center)
1138 yards to the south.
- The Italian Concept (Family Style Restaurant, Fast Food Restaurant)
796 yards to the west.
- Eggham On Toast (Restaurant, Coffee Shop)
904 yards to the southwest.
- The Red Lion (Restaurant, Beer Garden)
1087 yards to the southwest.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car UK (Motor Vehicle Company)
772 yards to the south.
- Burger King Egham (Fast Food Restaurant)
374 yards to the south.
- The Runnymede on Thames (Restaurant, Health Spa)
71 yards to the south.
- North Terminal - Gatwick Airport (Airport)
43525 yards to the southeast.
- The Bells Pub (Pub)
1520 yards to the east.
- Tesco (Convenience Store, Shopping & Retail)
993 yards to the southwest.