Bell Weir Lock
Facilities: rubbish disposal and toilets.
Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Mainline railway stations (5¾ furlongs away)
This is a lock with a rise of 5f0.
|Pats Croft Eyot||1 mile, 6 furlongs|
|Magna Carta Island||1 mile, 3¾ furlongs|
|The Island, Hythe End||4¼ furlongs|
|Bell Weir Boats||3 furlongs|
|Bell Weir Lock Weir Entrance||1 furlong|
|Bell Weir Lock|
|Bell Weir Lock Weir Exit||¾ furlongs|
|Thames - Colne Brook Junction||1¼ furlongs|
|Runnymede Motorway Bridge||1½ furlongs|
|Holm Island||3¾ furlongs|
|Hollyhock Island||4¾ furlongs|
- Egham railway station (Train Station)
1271 yards to the southwest.
- Bishopsgate School (Landmark)
1483 yards to the east.
- the runnymede-on-thames (Spa, Restaurant)
66 yards to the southeast.
- Egham Surrey United Kingdom (City)
681 yards to the south.
- M25 J13 (Highway)
792 yards to the northeast.
- Eghams Poxy Level Crossing (Island)
749 yards to the south.
- Egham High Street (Community & Government, Region, Shopping & Retail)
982 yards to the southwest.
- Lammas Recreation Park (Picnic Ground, Park)
1179 yards to the east.
- Burger King Egham (Burger Restaurant, Fast Food Restaurant)
371 yards to the south.
- Egham Fire Station (Public Transportation, Fire Station)
768 yards to the southwest.
- Kwik Fit (Car Parts & Accessories)
844 yards to the southeast.
- The Italian Concept (Italian Restaurant)
881 yards to the west.
- Maranello Ferrari (Car Dealership)
1416 yards to the southwest.
- Good Egg Tattoos (Tattoo & Piercing)
1274 yards to the southwest.
- Prezzo (Italian Restaurant)
1499 yards to the southwest.
Wikipedia has a page about Bell Weir Lock
Bell Weir Lock is a lock on the River Thames in England situated on the Surrey bank near Egham. It is just upstream of the M25 Runnymede Bridge which carries the M25 and A30 road across the river. The lock was first built by the Thames Navigation Commission in 1817.
The weir is just a short distance upstream above the island.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or