Bell Weir Lock
Facilities: rubbish disposal and toilets.
Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Mainline railway stations (5¾ furlongs away)
This is a lock with a rise of 5f0.
|Pats Croft Eyot||1 mile, 6 furlongs|
|Magna Carta Island||1 mile, 3¾ furlongs|
|The Island, Hythe End||4¼ furlongs|
|Bell Weir Boats||3 furlongs|
|Bell Weir Lock Weir Entrance||1 furlong|
|Bell Weir Lock|
|Bell Weir Lock Weir Exit||¾ furlongs|
|Thames - Colne Brook Junction||1¼ furlongs|
|Runnymede Motorway Bridge||1½ furlongs|
|Holm Island||3¾ furlongs|
|Hollyhock Island||4¾ furlongs|
- M25 J13 (Highway)
1029 yards to the northeast.
- Eghams Poxy Level Crossing (Island)
741 yards to the south.
- Hogwarts School of Wizardary (Theme Park)
1196 yards to the southwest.
- Runnymede Pleasure Gardens (Park)
1052 yards to the northwest.
- Lammas Recreation Park (Park, Picnic Ground)
1200 yards to the east.
- Thames River Side (Outdoors)
1204 yards to the east.
- Burger King Egham (Fast Food Restaurant, Burger Restaurant)
364 yards to the south.
- World of Water Wraysbury (Other)
1573 yards to the east.
- Egham High Street (Community & Government, Region, Shopping & Retail)
1026 yards to the southwest.
- The spa at the runnymede-on-thames (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
63 yards to the south.
- Tan Tropic Egham (Tanning Salon, Skin Care, Laser Hair Removal)
1292 yards to the southwest.
Wikipedia has a page about Bell Weir Lock
Bell Weir Lock is a lock on the River Thames in England situated on the Surrey bank near Egham. It is just upstream of the M25 Runnymede Bridge which carries the M25 and A30 road across the river. The lock was first built by the Thames Navigation Commission in 1817.
The weir is just a short distance upstream above the island.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or