Summit Tunnel (Northwest end)
|Spon Lane Bridge||5¾ furlongs|
|M5 Motorway over Old Main Line (West end)||4½ furlongs|
|M5 Motorway over Old Main Line (East end)||2¾ furlongs|
|Summit Rail Bridge||¼ furlongs|
|Summit Bridge||a few yards|
|Summit Tunnel (Northwest end)|
|Summit Tunnel (Southeast end)||½ furlongs|
|Pump House (old line)||3¼ furlongs|
|Brasshouse Lane Bridge||3½ furlongs|
|Engine Arm Junction||5½ furlongs|
|Smethwick Top Lock||6 furlongs|
- Smethwick Galton Bridge railway station (Landmark, Train Station)
199 yards to the west.
- Desi 2 (Bar & Grill)
535 yards to the west.
- Guru Nanak Gurdwara Smethwick (Sikh Temple, Religious Organization)
949 yards to the southeast.
- Durga Bhawan Temple (Religious Organization)
982 yards to the west.
- 2 Sisters Site A Smethwick (Business Services)
1002 yards to the north.
- Smethwick High Street (Shopping Mall)
747 yards to the southeast.
- Night Inn, Smethwick (Event Venue, Arts & Entertainment, Pub)
376 yards to the southeast.
- Gurdwara Baba Sang Ji (Sikh Temple)
466 yards to the south.
- Island Inn (Bar & Grill, Lodging)
1217 yards to the northwest.
- The Cricketers Arms (Bar, Pub)
1066 yards to the northwest.
- West Smethwick Park (Park)
1138 yards to the southwest.
- The Red Fort (Pub, Barbecue Restaurant)
750 yards to the southeast.
- The Blue Gates (Pub, Dive Bar)
832 yards to the southeast.
- Aston Villa Stadium - Villa Park (Sports Venue & Stadium)
1168 yards to the northwest.
- Harry Mitchell (Sports Center)
1427 yards to the south.
- The Red Cow (Late Night Restaurant, Pub, Bar)
1492 yards to the southeast.
- Concept Flooring Supples (Shopping & Retail)
235 yards to the north.
Wikipedia has a page about Summit Tunnel
The Summit Tunnel in England is one of the oldest railway tunnels in the world: it was built between 1838 and 1841 by the Manchester and Leeds Railway beneath the Pennines. The tunnel is located between Littleborough and Walsden, Todmorden and created a vital gateway between Manchester and Leeds.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or