Facilities: chemical toilet disposal, rubbish disposal, toilets and water (cans only).
This is a lock with a rise of 6f8.
|Chertsey Bridge||1 mile, 4 furlongs|
|Bates Wharf Marina||1 mile, 3 furlongs|
|Pharaoh's Island||2½ furlongs|
|Thames Court||1¼ furlongs|
|Shepperton Lock Weir Entrance||1 furlong|
|Shepperton to Weybridge Ferry||¾ furlongs|
|Thames - Wey Junction||1 furlong|
|D'Oyly Carte Island Footbridge||1½ furlongs|
|Millbrook Creek Entrance||2½ furlongs|
|Desborough Sailing Club||5¼ furlongs|
- The Old Crown, Public House (Pub, Landmark)
446 yards to the southeast.
- On The River Thames (River)
194 yards to the southeast.
- Los Hermanos Tapas, Weybridge (Tapas Bar & Restaurant)
1196 yards to the south.
- Cygnet Bungalow, Hamhaugh Island. (Boating)
224 yards to the south.
- Weybridge Hospital (Hospital)
1084 yards to the south.
- Weybridge Lawn Tennis Club (Sports & Recreation)
232 yards to the southeast.
- Weybridge Hall (City Hall)
1154 yards to the south.
- Warren Lodge Hotel shepperton (Hotel)
804 yards to the northeast.
- Bachmanns (Bakery)
1194 yards to the south.
- Halliford Mere Lakes and Pavilion (Fishing, Restaurant)
1014 yards to the north.
- Shepperton, Riverside (River)
1028 yards to the northeast.
- Prezzo (Italian Restaurant)
1411 yards to the northeast.
Wikipedia has a page about Shepperton Lock
Shepperton Lock is a lock on the River Thames, in England adjoining the northern bank near Shepperton, Surrey (formerly Middlesex). It is across the river from Weybridge, but not directly accessible from there.
In 1813, the City of London Corporation built the pound lock on a cut along an existing watercourse to create Lock Island.
There are two weirs, one between Lock Island and Hamhaugh Island and the other larger one between Hamhaugh Island and the southern bank.
The Shepperton to Weybridge Ferry service runs from Ferry Lane below the lock to the end of Thames Street, Weybridge, where there are two rowing clubs and a canoeing club. Overlooking the lock and the islands is the Thames Court pub/restaurant.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or