What Changed in March 2017
Sunday 5 March 2017
- Expanding on the suggestion in issue 133 I've added a count of swing bridges, underbridges etc, and a breakdown of the distances on the types of waterway to daily totals. Through the power of inclusion I've added to both the planned route output (in the totals) and to the Itinerary (at the head of each day).
→ Release 9.29.5
Big tidy up of issues, including partial triage of issues left open when the old bug tracker was closed.
Saturday 11 March 2017
- When fixing issue 246 (a longstanding one imported from the old bug list) I realised that the code to handle OS Grid references was repeated half a dozen times across the code base with various amounts of error checking. I've created a coupe of new ways of doing it, with the combined error checking and changed all instances to use this.
- Fixed a way that "furthest place" could time out, and improved error reporting and checking there.
- Removed PNG option for linear maps. All browsers making any reasonable use of the site can now support SVGs.
- Fixed ancient bug where the label for "Show camera" didn't toggle the checkbox.
- Changed adverts to use protocol relative URLs as an early easy step to https migration
→ Release 9.29.6
Sunday 12 March 2017
- Enhanced lat/lng to cope with string values - we were getting errors in the API when it had read the values straight from the database
→ Release 126.96.36.199