What Changed in April 2013
Monday 25 March 2013
- Adjusted selectors to cope sensibly with URL rewriting
- Changed all JSON parsing to use browser built-in when available.
- Added Options, Virtual Cruise and Export to Itinerary page
Tuesday 26 March 2013
- Added a list of features to waterway gazetteer pages
- Fixed breadcrumbs for features showing position in waterways structure
Wednesday 27 March 2013
- Work on selectors:
- Improved selector backend to remove unnecessary data being sent
- Selector backend can now send features
- Added feature page with selector to match that for waterways and places
- Fixed bug where unknown rises and lengths were presented as 0.0 on feature page
Friday 29 March 2013
- Fixed bug where editing rises and lengths from feature page failed
- Fixed bug where when "all overnight stops user selected" didn't work - all but the last was ignored
- And another bug in the same code where multiple stops in the same place crept along the canal. Did this code ever work I wonder?
- Small tweaks to general "select a ...." page for places/waterways and features
- Junctions of navigable and excluded waterways count as termini for furthest place planning, with explanatory message - addresses issue 694.
Saturday 30 March 2013
- Extended plugin preparation to allow gazetteer plugins to be on any or all of places, waterways and features.
- Moved plugin execution into subfile. Linked to gazetteer, waterways and feature
- Upgraded all plugin code to cope with new parameter saying what had called it
Sunday 31 March 2013
- Work on developing an "external websites" plugin that works for all three sorts of gazetteer pages
Thursday 4 April 2013
- Export format for CanalOmeters developed
Saturday 6 April 2013
- Preparation for release:
- Hid partially developed website stuff for later development
- Completed export format
- Fixed bug in URL rewriting and redirection that was breaking "plan a route from here" and probably quite a lot else
- Fixed bug where first row in CSV export failed
→ Release 9.19.12
- Fixed bug preventing intermediate boxes showing (JSON parser being a lot stricter than 'eval' ever was) - issue 711
→ Release 184.108.40.206
Sunday 7 April 2013
- Some simple error trapping for JSON parsing errors - yesterday's loss of intermediate places was very noticeable, but there might be more subtle errors resulting from the new stricter parser.
- Fixed bug where zooming to pins on new place maps didn't work - issue:708
- Made multiple marker pin additions act as multiple database transactions. Somewhat slower, but avoids locking the database for other users while all the calculations take place (and they can't sensibly be pre-computed).
→ Release 220.127.116.11
- Increased info on JSON errrors
- Fixed path to arrows in map pointers to avoid 404s
→ Release 18.104.22.168
- Fixed a bug in JSON for gazetteer maps
→ Release 22.214.171.124
- And another one in the same code
→ Release 126.96.36.199
Monday 8 April 2013
- Programming to catch missing linear graphics and replace them with a placeholder symbol. The main reason for doing this is to remove entries in the server error log when search engines look for graphics that don't exist anymore.
Friday 12 April 2013
- Finished the linear graphics code
- Wrote new Facebook places plugin
→ Release 9.19.13
Saturday 13 April 2013
- More work on the FB plugin:
- Made it cope with UTF8 in names
- Cached processed version for speed
- Removed unneeded fields before saving
- Added distance away to places
- Fixed CanalOmeter export to remove duplicated rows
→ Release 188.8.131.52
- Even more on the FB plugin:
- Crude scoring process to identify places that are probably just silly rubbish
- Prevented places with no information having a box
→ Release 184.108.40.206
Sunday 14 April 2013
- Backtrace code added to JSON error trapping to help pin down a few pernicious things
→ Release 220.127.116.11
- Fixed calculation on "furthest place" - the times to termini weren't getting doubled for out and back (the results were fine, but the message was wrong).
- Prevented duplicate places appearing in "termini within range"
- Made the last leg of the journey to get to a terminus always right
Monday 15 April 2013
- The same strange URLs from Google around virtual paths as seen with gazetteer and waterway were now present for feature. Worked out a more generic fix.
Friday 19 April 2013
- Fixed typo for "facebook" when "more" clicked on places
- Fixed bug in linear graphic regeneration issue 720 - pre-release
Saturday 20 April 2013
- Even more on plugins - centered on the FB places one but doing a lot of infrastructure re-alignment as well
- Links to FB places open in new tab
- Added local configuration for plugins instead of having to add a new global parameter for things like caching age. Ported all existing configurations and tidied up
- Used this to implement a revised message for cached data including a "refresh" link
- And made the refresh trickle backwards through the system to purge the cache and then regenerate the page
- Removed a stray & from the fetch URL for FB places
→ Release 9.19.14
Sunday 21 April 2013
- Fixed a bug (issue 709) where four way junctions with no bridges didn't show in linear maps.
- Fixed a bug (part of issue 724) where the wrong junction graphic was displayed in the gazetteer sometimes.
- Fixed (pre-release) a bug that prevented higher-level waterways being renamed
Saturday 27 April 2013
- Patched the check on JSON to make sure it works with IE
- Removed a comment which was preventing IE8 using standards mode for the user's photo page
- Reworked the way bulk linear graphics are created to make it more reliable
→ Release 9.19.15
Sunday 28 April 2013
- Added a debugging version of the route entry wizard so I could experiment with it on IE
→ Release 18.104.22.168
- Reworked route entry wizard to take account of strange behaviour in IE8 and below. Someone commenting on a blog about it said "Hopefully nobody has to care about support IE8 anymore". If only! This has a slightly strange side-effect that (for everybody) if you select the input mode that is already selected it will reset the input. I think we can live with this.
- A bit more work on a very long-standing rare bug with "options['gps']" in export. Let's see if this kills it at last.
- Fixed bug with autokeys that caused issue 725
- Improved layout of long breadcrumbs and the QR code/link box
→ Release 22.214.171.124
- Prevented unexpected (and wrong) OS maps appearing for parts of France
→ Release 126.96.36.199
- Fixed a bug where a fixed length trip could grow if lock flights etc were being avoided
→ Release 188.8.131.52
- More playing with the way that Firefox shows Google maps as still loading when it's pulling stuff in in the background. I was killing things too quickly in the past, so I've put a time delay in. The most likely symptom of the problem you'd have seen was that the zoom bar was missing.
- Lots of work on furthest place and winding calculations and explanations (fixing issue 487 but taking it further)
- Pre-release fix to a break of Google maps for waterways (among other less obvious things) when OS maps were turned on.
→ Release 9.19.16