What Changed in May and June 2013
Monday 29 April 2013
- When a waterway is split the children inherit a lot more from the parent - both items in issue 715
Tuesday 30 April 2013
- Removed an unwanted "an extra" for shorter places in trips when discussing winding (introduced in Sunday's rework)
Saturday 4 May 2013
- Work on bridge accesses - have code to generate defaults and display them. Now need to be able to edit.
Thursday 9 May 2013
To Sunday 16 June 2013
- Speed-ups to loading of database
- Speed-up to parsing of user options
- Complete re-work of session and user management moving to using cookies rather than session IDs. The aims of this were to:
- Prevent sessions getting lost along the way
- Make sure "remember me" for user accounts actually worked
- Stopping people leaking session IDs and hence their account details when they posted links.
There will be bugs in such a big rework. I will monitor and patch as fast as I can.
→ Release 9.20
Sunday 16 June 2013
- Fixed configuration bug where magic server code wasn't running [pre-release]
- Fixed bug where clearing routes failed [pre-release]
- Fixed "create PDF" which still used old session code.
- Fixed bug in variant routes
- Fixed a pile of bugs in adding pling places (which I'd moved into the background and never properly tested)
→ Release 188.8.131.52
- Finished fixing the background of pling places.
- Fixed PDF creation
- Fixed configuration bug permanently
→ Release 184.108.40.206
- First stage of code to avoid loading marker places when not using them
- Some actions, like coordinate changes, were failing because of reorganised code
- Changed from profiling to production build which should speed general code execution
- Fixed bug with photo editing issue 743
→ Release 220.127.116.11
Monday 17 June 2013
- Fix for facebook widget on home page which had got all fat and needed putting on a diet
- Restored "Queue_Action" to database processing that requires background stuff
- Editing of history and quotes should now work
→ Release 18.104.22.168