Greenham Lock No 86
Copyright: Rob Dean
Taken: 23 August 2004
Under the bridge on the right is Greenham marina and dry dock
This is a lock with a rise of 6f11.
|Winding Hole above Ham Mills Lock||3¾ furlongs|
|Ham Manor Marina||3¼ furlongs|
|Whitehouse Bridge No 53||1¾ furlongs|
|Winding Hole below Greenham Lock||¼ furlongs|
|Gould Close Arm||¼ furlongs|
|Greenham Lock No 86|
|Greenham Bridge No 56||1 furlong|
|Mill Lane Wharf||2 furlongs|
|Mill Lane Arm||2¾ furlongs|
|A339 Road Bridge No 58||3 furlongs|
|Newbury Wharf||3½ furlongs|
- KD Gymnastics - Newbury (Sports & Recreation)
268 yards to the southeast.
- Bill's Restaurant - Newbury (British Restaurant)
828 yards to the west.
- Newbury Racecourse (Race Track, Horses, Sports & Recreation)
845 yards to the southeast.
- Victoria Park (Park)
629 yards to the west.
- The Dolly & Donny House (Home)
302 yards to the north.
- At My House (Home)
662 yards to the north.
- Newbury Races Premium Enclosure (Race Track, Horses, Sports & Recreation)
838 yards to the southeast.
- Kennett and Avon Towpath Newbury X (Outdoors)
932 yards to the west.
- The Napper Residence (Home)
497 yards to the northeast.
- My Pad (Home)
1097 yards to the east.
- Cook Manor (Home)
1331 yards to the northeast.
- Newbury Football Club (Sports & Recreation, Sports Venue & Stadium)
424 yards to the west.
- Vue cinema Newbury (Movie Theatre)
898 yards to the southwest.
- Chez Forey (Home)
1426 yards to the northeast.
- Vue Cinema @ Haywire (Movie Theatre)
34 yards to the south.
- My Lovely Snuggly Bed... (Home, Just For Fun)
347 yards to the east.
- Park Lane (Home)
572 yards to the northwest.
- Thatcham Minor Injuries unit (Hospital)
1591 yards to the east.
- Newbury Races (Sports Venue & Stadium, Race Track, Sports & Recreation)
843 yards to the southeast.
- On Our Balcony (Home)
226 yards to the northeast.
- Halfords (Car Parts & Accessories)
942 yards to the southwest.
- Add Ham Manor Marina (Residence & Other)
702 yards to the east.
- Corn Exchange, Newbury (Theater)
829 yards to the west.
Wikipedia has a page about Greenham Lock
Greenham Lock is a lock on the Kennet and Avon Canal, at Newbury, Berkshire, England.
Greenham Lock was built between 1718 and 1723 under the supervision of the engineer John Hore of Newbury. The canal is administered by British Waterways. The lock has a rise/fall of 8 ft 11 in (2.72 m).
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or