Slateford Aqueduct (south-west end)
Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: B and Q DIY shops (1½ furlongs away)
|Dumbryden Road Bridge||7¼ furlongs|
|Bridge No 5AA||5¼ furlongs|
|Redhall Railway Bridge||4¼ furlongs|
|Redhall Aqueduct||2½ furlongs|
|Redhall Footbridge||2½ furlongs|
|Slateford Aqueduct (south-west end)|
|Slateford Aqueduct (north-east end)||1 furlong|
|Prince Charlie Aqueduct||1¾ furlongs|
|Meggetland Footbridge||3¾ furlongs|
|Meggetland New Bridge No 4A||6¾ furlongs|
|Meggetland Old Bridge No 4||7 furlongs|
- Junior Bears Soft Play (Event Venue)
441 yards to the northwest.
- Molly's (Coffee Shop, Classes, Bakery)
336 yards to the northeast.
- Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing Centre Edinburgh (Sports & Recreation)
404 yards to the north.
- Holyrood Boxing Gym (Physical Fitness)
961 yards to the north.
- The Blue Goose Country Pub (Restaurant)
210 yards to the east.
- Childrens Hospice Association Scotland (CHAS) (Charity Organization)
424 yards to the east.
- World Of Football (Sports Venue & Stadium)
510 yards to the north.
- Edinburgh Corn Exchange (Event Venue, Concert Venue, Pub)
572 yards to the north.
- Crosskeys Pub (Pub)
77 yards to the east.
- Pure Gym, Edinburgh West (Gym)
1002 yards to the north.
- Water of Leith Visitor Centre (Tourist Information)
188 yards to the northeast.
- New Sainsburys Longstone (Shopping & Retail)
133 yards to the north.
- World Of Bowling (Bowling Alley, Sports & Recreation)
481 yards to the northeast.
- Asda Chesser (Big Box Retailer)
482 yards to the northeast.
- Slateford Bowling Club (Sports Center)
117 yards to the east.
- Redhall (Neighborhood)
558 yards to the west.
- Imperial Palace (Chinese Restaurant, Dim Sum Restaurant)
350 yards to the northwest.
- Lodge Water of Leith 1267 (Sorority & Fraternity)
278 yards to the northwest.
- The Dell (Bar, Pub)
581 yards to the south.
- Bookers Cash & Carry (Wholesale & Supply Store)
296 yards to the northwest.
- The Village Inn (Inn)
445 yards to the northwest.
- Redhall Walled Garden (Garden Center, Outdoor Recreation, Counseling & Mental Health)
316 yards to the south.
- Matthews Foods (Food & Grocery)
351 yards to the northwest.
- Water of Leith (River)
454 yards to the north.
- Corn exchange, World Of Soccer (Sports Venue & Stadium)
465 yards to the north.
- Imperial Chinese Restaurant (Dim Sum Restaurant, Chinese Restaurant)
346 yards to the northwest.
- Meggetland Sports Pavillion (Sports Venue & Stadium, Sports Club)
1184 yards to the northeast.
- The Dhammapadipa Temple (Religious Organization)
451 yards to the northeast.
Wikipedia has a page about Slateford Aqueduct
The Slateford Aqueduct is a navigable aqueduct in Slateford, Edinburgh, Scotland. It was built by Hugh Baird and completed in 1822 with advice from Thomas Telford.
It has eight arches, is 600 feet (180 m) long and 60 feet (18 m) tall, and carries the Union Canal across Inglis Green Road and the Water of Leith at Longstone (just at the edge of Slateford) in south-west Edinburgh. The canal runs over a contour line of 73m and is very popular with cyclists and dogwalkers.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or