Weston Lock No 6
This is a lock with a rise of 9f3.
|Winsor Bridge No 204||7¼ furlongs|
|Locksbrook Road Railway Bridge No 205 (disused)||6¼ furlongs|
|Fielding's Road Footbridge||3¾ furlongs|
|Weston Lock Weir Entrance||3¼ furlongs|
|Brassmill Lane Bridge||1¼ furlongs|
|Weston Lock No 6|
|Weston Lock Weir Exit||½ furlongs|
|Bristol - Bath Cycleway Bridge||5¼ furlongs|
|Bath Marina||7 furlongs|
|Newbridge Road Bridge No 208||7¼ furlongs|
|Kelston Park Railway Bridge (disused)||1 mile, 7¼ furlongs|
- The court yard (Food & Grocery)
328 yards to the south.
- Royal United Hospital (Hospital)
1198 yards to the north.
- Velo Lounge (Vegetarian & Vegan Restaurant, Breakfast & Brunch Restaurant, Sandwich Shop)
1497 yards to the southeast.
- Bath City Farm (Farm)
961 yards to the south.
- The Bath Priory Hotel, Restaurant & Spa (Restaurant, Spa)
1434 yards to the northeast.
- Cranleigh, Bath (Bed and Breakfast)
694 yards to the north.
- Twerton Park (Sports Venue & Stadium)
405 yards to the south.
- Royal Victoria Park (Professional Services, Park, Playground)
1594 yards to the east.
- Bath City football club (Sports Venue & Stadium)
394 yards to the south.
- McDonald's Restaurant (Fast Food Restaurant)
584 yards to the southeast.
- RUH Bath (Hospital)
1202 yards to the north.
- City of Bath (Government Organization)
995 yards to the southwest.
- Ruh Childrens Centre (Hospital)
1194 yards to the north.
- Twerton McDonalds (Fast Food Restaurant)
583 yards to the southeast.
- Fracture Clinic, Royal United Hospital (Hospital)
1144 yards to the northeast.
- RUH Maternity (Hospital)
956 yards to the north.
- Whiteway Capital Of Bath (City)
1228 yards to the south.
- Bath Marina (RV Park, Marina)
895 yards to the northwest.
- The Chelsea Café (Restaurant)
713 yards to the northeast.
- Archway Cafe (Restaurant)
505 yards to the southeast.
- Spirit Photography - Portraits in Bath (Photographer)
482 yards to the southeast.
- Bath RUH Delivery Suite (Restaurant, Hospital)
946 yards to the north.
- Victoria Pub and Kitchen (Pub, Bar, Restaurant)
1483 yards to the east.
- RUH Hospital (Hospital)
1200 yards to the north.
- Currys (Electronics Store)
584 yards to the east.
- Bathwick Tyres (Tire Dealer)
687 yards to the east.
Wikipedia has a page about Weston Lock
Weston Lock (grid reference ST725648) is situated on the River Avon, on the western outskirts of Bath, England, in what now forms the Newbridge suburb of Bath.
Weston cut is a man made channel, opened in 1727, for boats to approach and pass through Weston lock, which created an island between the cut and the river weir, which became known as Dutch Island named after the owner of the brass mill established on the river side in the early 18th century.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or