Weston Lock No 6
This is a lock with a rise of 9f3.
|Winsor Bridge No 204||7¼ furlongs|
|Locksbrook Road Railway Bridge No 205 (disused)||6¼ furlongs|
|Fielding's Road Footbridge||3¾ furlongs|
|Weston Lock Weir Entrance||3¼ furlongs|
|Brassmill Lane Bridge||1¼ furlongs|
|Weston Lock No 6|
|Weston Lock Weir Exit||½ furlongs|
|Bristol - Bath Cycleway Bridge||5¼ furlongs|
|Bath Marina||7 furlongs|
|Newbridge Road Bridge No 208||7¼ furlongs|
|Kelston Park Railway Bridge (disused)||1 mile, 7¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water point
Nearest Rubbish disposal
Nearest Chemical toilet disposalTravel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Bradford and Frome Road Wharves
Nearest Place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Weston Lock
Weston Lock (grid reference ST725648) is situated on the River Avon, on the western outskirts of Bath, England, in what now forms the Newbridge suburb of Bath.
Weston cut is a man made channel, opened in 1727, for boats to approach and pass through Weston lock, which created an island between the cut and the river weir, which became known as Dutch Island named after the owner of the brass mill established on the river side in the early 18th century.
- Body Development (Personal Trainer, Gym)
1072 to the east.
- Wellsway MINI (Car Dealership)
1301 to the east.
- Jimmer,s Barbershop. (Barber Shop)
300 to the south.
- Bath Maternity (Hospital, Pregnancy & Childbirth Service)
870 to the north.
- First Bath Bus depot (Bus Station)
155 to the east.
- Mercy In Action Chelsea Road Charity Shop (Charity Organization, Vintage Store, Book Store)
631 to the east.
- Chelsea Road Greengrocers (Fruit & Vegetable Store, Health Food Store, Convenience Store)
652 to the northeast.
- RUH Bath (Hospital)
1043 to the north.
- Twerton Mill Student Accommodation (Lodging)
293 to the southeast.
- New Crown Inn (Pub)
669 to the northeast.
- Bath Mill Lodge Retreat (Resort, Lodge, Vacation Home Rental)
506 to the west.
- The Bath Priory Hotel, Restaurant & Spa (Spa, Restaurant)
1312 to the northeast.
- Baths Hand Car Wash and Valeting Centre (Car Wash & Detailing)
528 to the northwest.
- Newbridge Motors BATH (Car Dealership)
812 to the northwest.
- Twerton Park (Sports Venue & Stadium)
381 to the south.
- Bath Canal Lock (Boating)
16 to the northeast.
- Electric Bear Brewing Co (Brewery, Bar)
134 to the northeast.
- Bath City FC Twerton Park (Movie Theater)
393 to the southeast.
- Bath Marina and Caravan Park (Campground)
858 to the northwest.
- The Eye Unit RUH (Hospital)
1054 to the north.
- Bath Hospital (Hospital)
1041 to the northeast.
- NICU (Hospital)
880 to the north.
- Victoria Park Bath (Outdoors, Lodging)
1471 to the east.
- Dental Implant Clinic (Dentist)
591 to the east.
- Bath City football club (Sports Venue & Stadium)
389 to the south.
- Ruh Mri Unit (Hospital)
1051 to the northeast.
- Old Crown (Pub)
1465 to the northeast.
- Botanical Gardens Royal Victoria Park (Outdoors, Sports & Recreation, Arts & Entertainment)
131 to the northwest.
- Lansdown Cricket Club (Sports Club)
891 to the northeast.
- Cranleigh (Lodging)
644 to the north.
- Twerton McDonalds (Fast Food Restaurant)
532 to the southeast.
- McDonald's Restaurant (Fast Food Restaurant)
532 to the southeast.
- Bathwick Tyres (Tire Dealer)
629 to the east.
- Newbridge Road, Bath (Residence)
261 to the northeast.
- Lidl (Grocery Store)
661 to the east.
- Childrens Ward Ruh (Hospital)
1091 to the north.
- Randalls (Grocery Store)
350 to the southeast.
- Horstmann Close (Residence)
470 to the northeast.
- Bath Abbey & Roman Baths (Tourist Attraction, Religious Center, Historical Place)
527 to the north.
- The Chelsea Café (Cafe)
651 to the northeast.
- Surgical Admissions Unit @ RUH (Hospital)
968 to the north.
- Stage 2 Studios (Music Production, Arts & Entertainment)
421 to the northwest.
- Desh Indian Cuisine (Indian Restaurant)
626 to the northeast.