Weston Lock No 6
This is a lock with a rise of 9f3.
|Winsor Bridge No 204||7¼ furlongs|
|Locksbrook Road Railway Bridge No 205 (disused)||6¼ furlongs|
|Fielding's Road Footbridge||3¾ furlongs|
|Weston Lock Weir Entrance||3¼ furlongs|
|Brassmill Lane Bridge||1¼ furlongs|
|Weston Lock No 6|
|Weston Lock Weir Exit||½ furlongs|
|Bristol - Bath Cycleway Bridge||5¼ furlongs|
|Bath Marina||7 furlongs|
|Newbridge Road Bridge No 208||7¼ furlongs|
|Kelston Park Railway Bridge (disused)||1 mile, 7¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
- Hurley Engines & Garden Machinery Services LTD (Commercial & Industrial Equipment, Automotive Parts & Accessories, Agricultural Service)
92 to the northeast.
- BC Guitar Repairs (Repair Service)
394 to the southeast.
- Environment Agency Geomatics (Environmental Conservation)
126 to the south.
- HoundBound (Pet Service)
268 to the northeast.
- Paw Prints Dog Walking & Pet Care (Dog Walker)
1007 to the southeast.
- The Glitzy Gateaux (Bakery, Community Organization)
380 to the southeast.
- Chelsea Road Greengrocers (Health Food Store, Convenience Store, Fruit & Vegetable Store)
651 to the northeast.
- Southside cafe (Food & Grocery)
732 to the south.
- Safari Removals Bath Ltd (Transportation Service)
593 to the southwest.
- The Lounge (Cafeteria)
347 to the southwest.
- Genesis Lifestyle Centre, Bath (Gym)
572 to the east.
- The Bunting Gallery (Charity Organization, Art Gallery)
1360 to the southeast.
- Bristol Industrial Archaeological Society (History Museum)
1028 to the south.
- FoxyMusic Sal (Arts & Entertainment)
560 to the northeast.
- The Rec House (Arts & Entertainment)
185 to the south.
- Alamo Rent A Car (Car Rental)
96 to the northeast.
- A36 Lower Bristol Road (Bus Line)
120 to the west.
- Frontier Picture Frames Ltd (Shopping & Retail)
268 to the east.
- Twerton Infants School (School)
523 to the southwest.
- Toby Mitchell Creative (Photographer)
534 to the northeast.
- The new crown, Chelsea Rd! (Bar)
683 to the northeast.
- Action on Hearing Loss (Disability Services)
311 to the southwest.
- Peasedown St John Community Association (Community Center)
473 to the southeast.
- Catering in Bath and north somerset (Food & Restaurant)
1011 to the south.
- Camp Site Newton Mill Holiday Park (Campground)
482 to the west.
- Whiteway (Community & Government)
1001 to the south.
- Southdown (Community & Government)
1483 to the southeast.
- The Weston (Restaurant)
268 to the northeast.
- Bakers of Bath (Bakery)
415 to the southeast.
- Total Bathrooms (Home Improvement)
99 to the northwest.
- Learnrussianinbath (Language School, Adult Education)
1347 to the southeast.
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water point
Nearest Rubbish disposal
Nearest Chemical toilet disposalTravel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Bradford and Frome Road Wharves
Nearest Place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Weston Lock
Weston Lock (grid reference ST725648) is situated on the River Avon, on the western outskirts of Bath, England, in what now forms the Newbridge suburb of Bath.
Weston cut is a man made channel, opened in 1727, for boats to approach and pass through Weston lock, which created an island between the cut and the river weir, which became known as Dutch Island named after the owner of the brass mill established on the river side in the early 18th century.