Weston Lock No 6
This is a lock with a rise of 9f3.
|Winsor Bridge No 204||7¼ furlongs|
|Locksbrook Road Railway Bridge No 205 (disused)||6¼ furlongs|
|Fielding's Road Footbridge||3¾ furlongs|
|Weston Lock Weir Entrance||3¼ furlongs|
|Brassmill Lane Bridge||1¼ furlongs|
|Weston Lock No 6|
|Weston Lock Weir Exit||½ furlongs|
|Bristol - Bath Cycleway Bridge||5¼ furlongs|
|Bath Marina||7 furlongs|
|Newbridge Road Bridge No 208||7¼ furlongs|
|Kelston Park Railway Bridge (disused)||1 mile, 7¼ furlongs|
- Tickled Fig (Specialty Grocery Store)
493 yards to the northwest.
- Forever YOURS (Health Food Store, Physical Fitness, Hair & Beauty Supply)
644 yards to the west.
- Prussian Events (Event Planner)
382 yards to the north.
- Millionhairs BATH - Dog Grooming (Pet Service)
659 yards to the east.
- Genesis Lifestyle Centre, Bath (Gym)
626 yards to the east.
- The Weston, Bath (British Restaurant)
814 yards to the east.
- Bath Admin Angel (Secretarial Service)
213 yards to the southwest.
- Bath Multiples Group (Community Organization)
487 yards to the north.
- Bath City Farm (Farm)
884 yards to the south.
- Twerton Park (Sports Venue & Stadium)
445 yards to the south.
- Cranleigh, Bath (Bed and Breakfast)
685 yards to the north.
- Aquae Sulis Guest House (Bed and Breakfast)
580 yards to the north.
- St Michael's Dental Surgery (Medical & Health)
235 yards to the southwest.
- McDonald's Restaurant (Fast Food Restaurant)
583 yards to the southeast.
- Rotork (Commercial & Industrial Equipment)
287 yards to the northwest.
- Horstman Defence Ltd (Professional Services)
832 yards to the east.
- Tool Station (Carpenter)
91 yards to the north.
- Ashley Villa Guest House (Residence & Other)
627 yards to the east.
- St Michaels Junior Schoo (School)
1409 yards to the east.
- St Michaels Road Whiteway (Doctor)
901 yards to the south.
- The Chelsea Café (Cafe)
713 yards to the northeast.
- Archway Cafe (Restaurant)
512 yards to the southeast.
- Newbridge Primary School (Public School)
529 yards to the north.
- Vinyl Renewal (Accessories Store)
731 yards to the southeast.
- The Firs (Bed and Breakfast)
735 yards to the northeast.
- Bath City football club (Sports Venue & Stadium)
406 yards to the south.
- Two Tunnels Cycle Path (Outdoors)
646 yards to the east.
- The village of Newton-St-Loe (Community & Government)
945 yards to the southwest.
- Southdown Fish Shop (Fish & Chips Shop)
1295 yards to the south.
- Foxy Music (Entertainment Service, Bands & Musicians)
626 yards to the northeast.
Wikipedia has a page about Weston Lock
Weston Lock (grid reference ST725648) is situated on the River Avon, on the western outskirts of Bath, England, in what now forms the Newbridge suburb of Bath.
Weston cut is a man made channel, opened in 1727, for boats to approach and pass through Weston lock, which created an island between the cut and the river weir, which became known as Dutch Island named after the owner of the brass mill established on the river side in the early 18th century.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or