Weston Lock No 6
This is a lock with a rise of 9f3.
|Winsor Bridge No 204||6½ furlongs|
|Locksbrook Road Railway Bridge No 205 (disused)||5½ furlongs|
|Fielding's Road Footbridge||3¼ furlongs|
|Weston Lock Weir Entrance||3 furlongs|
|Brassmill Lane Bridge||1¼ furlongs|
|Weston Lock No 6|
|Weston Lock Weir Exit||½ furlongs|
|Bristol - Bath Cycleway Bridge||4¾ furlongs|
|Bath Marina||6¼ furlongs|
|Newbridge Road Bridge No 208||6¾ furlongs|
|Kelston Park Railway Bridge (disused)||1 mile, 6¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalTravel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Bradford and Frome Road Wharves
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-out
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Weston Lock
Weston Lock is a canal lock situated on the River Avon, on the western outskirts of Bath, England, in what now forms the Newbridge suburb of Bath.
The Bristol Avon Navigation, which runs the 15 miles (24 km) from the Kennet and Avon Canal at Hanham Lock to the Bristol Channel at Avonmouth, was constructed between 1724 and 1727, following legislation passed by Queen Anne, by a company of proprietors and the engineer John Hore of Newbury. The first cargo of 'Deal boards, Pig-Lead and Meal' arrived in Bath in December 1727. The navigation is now administered by the Canal & River Trust.
Weston cut is a man made channel, opened in 1727, for boats to approach and pass through Weston lock, which created an island between the cut and the river weir, which became known as Dutch Island named after the owner of the brass mill established on the river side in the early 18th century.
The Dolphin Inn next to the lock was built for bargees in 1728. It is a Grade II listed building.
- Body Development (Gym, Personal Trainer)
1083 to the east.
- First Bath Bus depot (Bus Station)
175 to the east.
- Bath Canal Lock (Travel & Transportation, Boating)
16 to the northeast.
- Weston Lock (Civic Structure)
14 to the north.
- Electric Bear Brewing Co (Brewery)
141 to the northeast.
- Bath Two Tunnels (Museum, Sports Venue & Stadium)
795 to the southeast.
- Full Moon (Pizza Place)
184 to the south.
- Queens Square Bath Boules (Bar, Coffee Shop)
669 to the southeast.
- BATH R.U.H (HospitalClinic)
958 to the north.
- Lidl (Grocery Store)
661 to the east.
- Fit Guru Gym & Physio Clinic (Gym, Medical & Health)
301 to the southeast.
- Newbridge Road, Bath (City)
290 to the northeast.
- BathBristol Cycle Path (Outdoors)
391 to the northwest.
- Oldfield Park railway station (Train Station)
1188 to the east.
- Bath Abbey & Roman Baths (Historical Place, Tourist Attraction, Religious Center)
526 to the north.
- A&E RUH (HospitalClinic)
986 to the northeast.
- Bath City football club (Sports Venue & Stadium)
389 to the south.
- NICU (HospitalClinic)
880 to the north.
- The Bertinet Bakery (Bakery)
454 to the northwest.
- The Eye Unit RUH (HospitalClinic)
1054 to the north.
- RUH Hospital (HospitalClinic)
1090 to the north.
- Haycombe Cemetery (Cemetery)
1493 to the south.
- St Michaels Doctors (Family Doctor, Education, Residence)
184 to the west.
- Bath Marina and Caravan Park (Campground, RV Park)
864 to the northwest.
- Odeon (Movie Theater, Travel & Transportation)
956 to the northeast.
- First Western Isle Depot Bath (Professional Service)
314 to the east.
- Jimmer,s Barbershop. (Barber Shop)
271 to the south.
- Bath Mill Lodge Retreat (Lodge, Vacation Home Rental)
506 to the west.
- Apsley House Hotel (Bed and Breakfast)
583 to the north.
- Aquae Sulis Guest House (Bed and Breakfast)
529 to the north.
- The Locksbrook Inn (Gastropub, Pub)
231 to the east.
- Twerton Mill Student Accommodation (Lodging)
372 to the southeast.
- Newbody supplements (Nutritionist)
1377 to the east.
- Newbridge, Bath (Neighborhood)
533 to the northeast.