Weston Lock No 6
This is a lock with a rise of 9f3.
|Winsor Bridge No 204||6 furlongs|
|Locksbrook Road Railway Bridge No 205 (disused)||5¼ furlongs|
|Fielding's Road Footbridge||3 furlongs|
|Weston Lock Weir Entrance||2¾ furlongs|
|Brassmill Lane Bridge||1¼ furlongs|
|Weston Lock No 6|
|Weston Lock Weir Exit||½ furlongs|
|Bristol - Bath Cycleway Bridge||4½ furlongs|
|Bath Marina||5¾ furlongs|
|Newbridge Road Bridge No 208||6¼ furlongs|
|Kelston Park Railway Bridge (disused)||1 mile, 6 furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalTravel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Bradford and Frome Road Wharves
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Somerset Coal Canal Junction Travel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Bradford and Frome Road Wharves
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Weston Lock
Weston Lock is a canal lock situated on the River Avon, on the western outskirts of Bath, England, in what now forms the Newbridge suburb of Bath.
The Bristol Avon Navigation, which runs the 15 miles (24 km) from the Kennet and Avon Canal at Hanham Lock to the Bristol Channel at Avonmouth, was constructed between 1724 and 1727, following legislation passed by Queen Anne, by a company of proprietors and the engineer John Hore of Newbury. The first cargo of 'Deal boards, Pig-Lead and Meal' arrived in Bath in December 1727. The navigation is now administered by the Canal & River Trust.
Weston cut is a man made channel, opened in 1727, for boats to approach and pass through Weston lock, which created an island between the cut and the river weir, which became known as Dutch Island named after the owner of the brass mill established on the river side in the early 18th century.
The Dolphin Inn next to the lock was built for bargees in 1728. It is a Grade II listed building.
- Twerton Mill Student Accommodation (Community Organization)
408 yards to the southeast.
- Funky Monkey Studio (GymPhysical Fitness Center)
1604 yards to the east.
- RUH Bath (HospitalClinic)
1142 yards to the north.
- Newbody supplements (Health Food Store, Nutritionist)
1506 yards to the east.
- Jimmer,s Barbershop. (Barber Shop)
297 yards to the south.
- Environment Agency Geomatics (Environmental Conservation Organization, Organization)
87 yards to the southwest.
- HomeX (Home Improvement, Home)
873 yards to the southwest.
- Body Development (GymPhysical Fitness Center, Personal Trainer)
1184 yards to the east.
- Royal Oak Pub (Pub)
1173 yards to the east.
- Twerton Park (Recreation & Fitness)
448 yards to the south.
- The Bertinet Bakery (Restaurant, Dessert Shop)
498 yards to the northwest.
- The Locksbrook Inn (Pub, Gastropub)
254 yards to the east.
- Weston Lock (Recreation & Fitness)
16 yards to the north.
- Haycombe Cemetery & Crematorium (Cemetery, Region, Local Service)
1544 yards to the south.
- BathBristol Cycle Path (Performance & Sports Venue)
428 yards to the northwest.
- Bath City FC Twerton Park (Sports Club)
452 yards to the south.
- Fit Guru Gym & Physio Clinic (GymPhysical Fitness Center, Medical & Health)
330 yards to the southeast.
- Oldfield Park railway station (Train Station)
1299 yards to the east.
- Bath City football club (Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue)
427 yards to the south.
- Victoria Park (Park)
1612 yards to the east.
- Whiteway (Landmark & Historical Place)
1238 yards to the south.
- Carrswood Day Service (Public Services & Government)
524 yards to the west.
- Odeon (Movie Theater)
1037 yards to the northeast.
- The Old Crown,Twerton (Pub)
514 yards to the southeast.
- Full Moon (Pub)
201 yards to the south.
- Rotork (Commercial & Industrial Equipment Supplier)
284 yards to the northwest.
- McDonald's Restaurant (Fast Food Restaurant)
583 yards to the southeast.
- Southdown (Region)
1406 yards to the south.
- A&E RUH (HospitalClinic)
1079 yards to the northeast.
- Bath Marina and Caravan Park (RV Park, Campground)
945 yards to the northwest.
- Archway Cafe (Coffee Shop, Fast Food Restaurant)
513 yards to the southeast.
- Waterside Court (Campus Building)
889 yards to the east.
- The Dental Implant Clinic (Dentist)
643 yards to the east.
- Naughty But Nice (Hair Salon)
694 yards to the east.
- Bath Midland Road (Travel & Transportation)
1549 yards to the east.
- Bath City Farm (Farm, Arts & Entertainment)
928 yards to the south.
- Bath Mill Lodge Retreat (Lodge, Vacation Home Rental)
553 yards to the west.
- Apsley House Hotel (Bed and Breakfast)
638 yards to the north.
- Cranleigh, Bath (Bed and Breakfast)
691 yards to the north.
- First Bath Bus depot (Bus Station)
191 yards to the east.