Weston Lock No 6
This is a lock with a rise of 9f3.
|Winsor Bridge No 204||6 furlongs|
|Locksbrook Road Railway Bridge No 205 (disused)||5¼ furlongs|
|Fielding's Road Footbridge||3 furlongs|
|Weston Lock Weir Entrance||2¾ furlongs|
|Brassmill Lane Bridge||1¼ furlongs|
|Weston Lock No 6|
|Weston Lock Weir Exit||½ furlongs|
|Bristol - Bath Cycleway Bridge||4½ furlongs|
|Bath Marina||5¾ furlongs|
|Newbridge Road Bridge No 208||6¼ furlongs|
|Kelston Park Railway Bridge (disused)||1 mile, 6 furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalTravel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Bradford and Frome Road Wharves
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Somerset Coal Canal Junction Travel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Bradford and Frome Road Wharves
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Weston Lock
Weston Lock is a canal lock situated on the River Avon, on the western outskirts of Bath, England, in what now forms the Newbridge suburb of Bath.
The Bristol Avon Navigation, which runs the 15 miles (24 km) from the Kennet and Avon Canal at Hanham Lock to the Bristol Channel at Avonmouth, was constructed between 1724 and 1727, following legislation passed by Queen Anne, by a company of proprietors and the engineer John Hore of Newbury. The first cargo of 'Deal boards, Pig-Lead and Meal' arrived in Bath in December 1727. The navigation is now administered by the Canal & River Trust.
Weston cut is a man made channel, opened in 1727, for boats to approach and pass through Weston lock, which created an island between the cut and the river weir, which became known as Dutch Island named after the owner of the brass mill established on the river side in the early 18th century.
The Dolphin Inn next to the lock was built for bargees in 1728. It is a Grade II listed building.
- The Locksbrook Inn (Pub, Gastropub)
231 to the east.
- Fire And Brew (Bar)
1456 to the southeast.
- The Grumpy Baker (Coffee Shop, Bakery)
1403 to the southeast.
- Environment Agency Geomatics (Environmental Conservation Organization, Organization)
79 to the southwest.
- Jimmer,s Barbershop. (Barber Shop)
271 to the south.
- Weston Lock (Recreation & Fitness)
14 to the north.
- Full Moon (Pub)
184 to the south.
- Bath Midland Road (Parking Garage Lot, Travel & Transportation)
1409 to the east.
- Haycombe Cemetery & Crematorium (Cemetery, Region, Local Service)
1411 to the south.
- The Bertinet Bakery (Bakery, Restaurant, Dessert Shop)
454 to the northwest.
- Bath City FC Twerton Park (Sports Club)
413 to the south.
- BathBristol Cycle Path (Performance & Sports Venue)
391 to the northwest.
- Charlton Court - Student Accommodation (Residence)
871 to the east.
- Fit Guru Gym & Physio Clinic (GymPhysical Fitness Center, Medical & Health)
301 to the southeast.
- The Old Crown,Twerton (Pub)
470 to the southeast.
- Oldfield Park railway station (Train Station)
1188 to the east.
- Bath City football club (Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue)
389 to the south.
- Old Mill Bar (Bar, Restaurant)
857 to the west.
- McDonald's Restaurant (Fast Food Restaurant)
532 to the southeast.
- Whiteway (Landmark & Historical Place)
1132 to the south.
- Bath Marina and Caravan Park (RV Park, Campground)
864 to the northwest.
- A&E RUH (HospitalClinic)
986 to the northeast.
- Rotork (Commercial & Industrial Equipment Supplier)
260 to the northwest.
- Funky Monkey Studio (Yoga Studio, GymPhysical Fitness Center)
1467 to the east.
- Waterside Court (Campus Building)
812 to the east.
- The Dental Implant Clinic (Dentist)
587 to the east.
- Carrswood Day Service (Public Services & Government)
478 to the west.
- Naughty But Nice (Hair Salon)
635 to the east.
- Southdown (Region)
1285 to the south.
- Newbridge Park and Ride (Parking Garage Lot)
1065 to the northwest.
- Roundhill Park (Park)
1370 to the south.
- Twerton Park (Recreation & Fitness)
409 to the south.
- Bath Mill Lodge Retreat (Lodge, Vacation Home Rental)
506 to the west.
- RUH Bath (HospitalClinic)
1044 to the north.
- First Bath Bus depot (Bus Station)
175 to the east.
- Newbody supplements (Health Food Store, Nutritionist)
1377 to the east.
- Twerton Mill Student Accommodation (Hotel & Lodging)
372 to the southeast.