Weston Lock No 6
This is a lock with a rise of 9f3.
|Winsor Bridge No 204||6½ furlongs|
|Locksbrook Road Railway Bridge No 205 (disused)||5½ furlongs|
|Fielding's Road Footbridge||3¼ furlongs|
|Weston Lock Weir Entrance||3 furlongs|
|Brassmill Lane Bridge||1¼ furlongs|
|Weston Lock No 6|
|Weston Lock Weir Exit||½ furlongs|
|Bristol - Bath Cycleway Bridge||4¾ furlongs|
|Bath Marina||6¼ furlongs|
|Newbridge Road Bridge No 208||6¾ furlongs|
|Kelston Park Railway Bridge (disused)||1 mile, 6¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalTravel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Bradford and Frome Road Wharves
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Somerset Coal Canal Junction Travel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Bradford and Frome Road Wharves
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Weston Lock
Weston Lock is a canal lock situated on the River Avon, on the western outskirts of Bath, England, in what now forms the Newbridge suburb of Bath.
The Bristol Avon Navigation, which runs the 15 miles (24 km) from the Kennet and Avon Canal at Hanham Lock to the Bristol Channel at Avonmouth, was constructed between 1724 and 1727, following legislation passed by Queen Anne, by a company of proprietors and the engineer John Hore of Newbury. The first cargo of 'Deal boards, Pig-Lead and Meal' arrived in Bath in December 1727. The navigation is now administered by the Canal & River Trust.
Weston cut is a man made channel, opened in 1727, for boats to approach and pass through Weston lock, which created an island between the cut and the river weir, which became known as Dutch Island named after the owner of the brass mill established on the river side in the early 18th century.
The Dolphin Inn next to the lock was built for bargees in 1728. It is a Grade II listed building.
- Body Development (Gym, Personal Trainer)
1083 to the east.
- HomeX (Home Improvement, Residence)
798 to the southwest.
- Jimmer,s Barbershop. (Barber Shop)
271 to the south.
- Twerton Park (Performance Venue, Sports & Recreation)
409 to the south.
- Weston Lock (Sports & Recreation)
14 to the north.
- Electric Bear Brewing Co (Brewery)
141 to the northeast.
- Fit Guru Gym & Physio Clinic (Medical & Health, Gym)
301 to the southeast.
- Oldfield Park railway station (Train Station)
1188 to the east.
- Bath City football club (Sports Venue & Stadium)
389 to the south.
- Bath Midland Road (Travel & Transportation)
1409 to the east.
- Royal United Hospital Bath NHS Trust (HospitalClinic)
990 to the northeast.
- Haycombe Cemetery (Cemetery)
1493 to the south.
- A&E RUH (HospitalClinic)
986 to the northeast.
- Whiteway (Landmark)
1132 to the south.
- Bath Marina and Caravan Park (Campground, RV Park)
864 to the northwest.
- Stage 2 Studios (Music Production, Arts & Entertainment)
424 to the northwest.
- Rotork (Commercial & Industrial Equipment)
260 to the northwest.
- McDonald's Restaurant (Fast Food Restaurant)
532 to the southeast.
- Royal Victoria Park, Bath (Sports & Recreation)
1876 to the east.
- The Bertinet Bakery (Bakery, Dessert Place)
454 to the northwest.
- Archway Cafe (Coffee Shop, Fast Food Restaurant, Cafe)
468 to the southeast.
- Full Moon (Pub)
184 to the south.
- The Chelsea Café (Cafe)
651 to the northeast.
- Charlton Court - Student Accommodation (Hotel)
871 to the east.
- Funky Monkey Studio (Yoga & Pilates, Physical Fitness)
1467 to the east.
- The Firs (Park)
677 to the northeast.
- The Dental Implant Clinic (Dentist)
587 to the east.
- Princess Anne Wing - Bath RUH (HospitalClinic)
867 to the north.
- Bath Maternity (Pregnancy & Childbirth Service)
870 to the north.
- Bath Mill Lodge Retreat (Vacation Home Rental, Lodge)
506 to the west.
- Apsley House Hotel (Bed and Breakfast)
583 to the north.
- Aquae Sulis Guest House (Bed and Breakfast)
529 to the north.
- Cranleigh, Bath (Bed and Breakfast)
631 to the north.
- First Bath Bus depot (Bus Station)
175 to the east.
- Twerton Mill Student Accommodation (Hotel)
372 to the southeast.
- Bath City Farm (Farm, Arts & Entertainment)
849 to the south.
- The Locksbrook Inn (Gastropub, Pub)
231 to the east.
- The Grumpy Baker (Coffee Shop, Bakery, Internet Cafe)
1403 to the southeast.
- RUH Bath (HospitalClinic)
1044 to the north.