Weston Lock No 6
This is a lock with a rise of 9f3.
|Winsor Bridge No 204||6 furlongs|
|Locksbrook Road Railway Bridge No 205 (disused)||5¼ furlongs|
|Fielding's Road Footbridge||3 furlongs|
|Weston Lock Weir Entrance||2¾ furlongs|
|Brassmill Lane Bridge||1¼ furlongs|
|Weston Lock No 6|
|Weston Lock Weir Exit||½ furlongs|
|Bristol - Bath Cycleway Bridge||4½ furlongs|
|Bath Marina||5¾ furlongs|
|Newbridge Road Bridge No 208||6¼ furlongs|
|Kelston Park Railway Bridge (disused)||1 mile, 5¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalTravel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Bradford and Frome Road Wharves
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Somerset Coal Canal Junction Travel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Bradford and Frome Road Wharves
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Weston Lock
Weston Lock is a canal lock situated on the River Avon, on the western outskirts of Bath, England, in what now forms the Newbridge suburb of Bath.
The Bristol Avon Navigation, which runs the 15 miles (24 km) from the Kennet and Avon Canal at Hanham Lock to the Bristol Channel at Avonmouth, was constructed between 1724 and 1727, following legislation passed by Queen Anne, by a company of proprietors and the engineer John Hore of Newbury. The first cargo of 'Deal boards, Pig-Lead and Meal' arrived in Bath in December 1727. The navigation is now administered by the Canal & River Trust.
Weston cut is a man made channel, opened in 1727, for boats to approach and pass through Weston lock, which created an island between the cut and the river weir, which became known as Dutch Island named after the owner of the brass mill established on the river side in the early 18th century.
The Dolphin Inn next to the lock was built for bargees in 1728. It is a Grade II listed building.
- Twerton Mill Student Accommodation (Community Organization)
408 yards to the southeast.
- Yama Yoga Hub (GymPhysical Fitness Center)
1588 yards to the east.
- RUH Bath (Hospital)
1142 yards to the north.
- Newbody supplements (Health Food Store, Nutritionist)
1506 yards to the east.
- Velo Lounge (Gastropub)
1496 yards to the southeast.
- Curo (Real Estate Developer, Housing & Homeless Shelter)
454 yards to the southeast.
- HomeX (Home Improvement, Residence)
873 yards to the southwest.
- The Bertinet Bakery (Bakery)
2828 yards to the east.
- The Golden Fleece (Pub)
739 yards to the east.
- Kenneth Copeland Ministries Europe (Religious Book Store)
414 yards to the east.
- Twerton Park (Outdoor, Recreation & Fitness)
448 yards to the south.
- The Locksbrook Inn (Pub, Gastropub)
254 yards to the east.
- The Grumpy Baker (Coffee Shop, Bakery)
1535 yards to the southeast.
- Fire And Brew (Arts & Entertainment)
1593 yards to the southeast.
- The Full Moon (Asian Restaurant, Japanese Restaurant)
183 yards to the south.
- Millionhairs BATH - Dog Grooming (Pet Groomer)
667 yards to the east.
- Fit Guru Gym & Physio Clinic (GymPhysical Fitness Center, Medical & Health)
330 yards to the southeast.
- Brickfields (Park)
1032 yards to the southeast.
- Oldfield Park railway station (Train Station)
1299 yards to the east.
- Lidl (Grocery Store)
724 yards to the east.
- Full Moon (Pub)
201 yards to the south.
- ODEON (Movie Theater)
2464 yards to the east.
- Odeon (Movie Theater)
1037 yards to the northeast.
- Rotork (Commercial & Industrial Equipment Supplier)
284 yards to the northwest.
- Royal Victoria Park, Bath (Landmark & Historical Place)
2053 yards to the east.
- Bath Marina and Caravan Park (RV Park, Campground)
945 yards to the northwest.
- A&E RUH (Hospital)
1079 yards to the northeast.
- McDonald's Restaurant (Fast Food Restaurant)
583 yards to the southeast.
- The Dental Implant Clinic (Dentist)
643 yards to the east.
- Southdown (Region)
1406 yards to the south.
- Kelston View (Home)
913 yards to the southwest.
- Bath Midland Road (Travel & Transportation)
1549 yards to the east.
- Bath City Farm (Farm, Arts & Entertainment)
928 yards to the south.
- Bath Mill Lodge Retreat (Lodge, Vacation Home Rental)
553 yards to the west.
- Apsley House Hotel (Bed and Breakfast)
638 yards to the north.
- Cranleigh, Bath (Bed and Breakfast)
691 yards to the north.
- Haycombe Cemetery & Crematorium (Cemetery, Local Service)
1544 yards to the south.
- Funky Monkey Studio (Circus)
1607 yards to the east.
- First Bath Bus depot (Bus Station)
191 yards to the east.