Saltford Lock No 4
This is a lock with a rise of 3f10.
|Saltford Marina||1 mile|
|Kelston Lock Weir Entrance||7½ furlongs|
|Kelston Lock No 5||7 furlongs|
|The Shallows Railway Bridge No 210||4½ furlongs|
|Saltford Lock Weir Entrance||½ furlongs|
|Saltford Lock No 4|
|Swineford Lock Weir Entrance||5¾ furlongs|
|Swineford Lock No 3||6 furlongs|
|Swineford Lock Weir Exit||6½ furlongs|
|Avon Valley Railway Bridge||1 mile, 4 furlongs|
|Keynsham Old Works||2 miles, 6¼ furlongs|
- Saltford Brass Mill (Historical Place)
1205 yards to the southwest.
- Liz Walton Therapies and Coaching (Personal Coaching, Massage, Physical Therapist)
1125 yards to the southwest.
- Wyatt Painting and Decorating services (Painter)
1356 yards to the southeast.
- Green Fingers in Bristol Ltd (Landscaping, Paving & Asphalt Service)
1196 yards to the southwest.
- Jekyll Photography (Photographer, Photographic Services & Equipment)
1535 yards to the southwest.
- Compare Currency (Currency Exchange, Travel Agency, Commercial Bank)
1505 yards to the southwest.
- Saltford Dental Practice (Dentist)
1542 yards to the southwest.
- Buddies dog walking services (Dog Walker)
157 yards to the north.
- Golden Moments Indian Restaurant (Restaurant)
1393 yards to the southwest.
- Bird in Hand (Restaurant)
798 yards to the southwest.
- The Riverside Inn (Pub, Bed and Breakfast, Restaurant)
1266 yards to the south.
- The Crown (Bar & Grill, Pub, Beer Garden)
1449 yards to the southwest.
- The Swan (Pub, Beer Garden)
1233 yards to the north.
- The Jolly Sailor (Pub)
11 yards to the north.
- Saltford Picnic Area by the River Avon (Outdoors)
984 yards to the southwest.
- Avon County Rowing Club (Boat Rental)
1465 yards to the south.
- Signsofsaltford.co.uk (Signs & Banner Service)
1482 yards to the south.
- Riverside Pub (Pub)
1257 yards to the south.
- Debs Design Flower Sculptures (Florist)
1521 yards to the southwest.
- The Mighty Quinns Flower Emporium (Florist)
1594 yards to the southwest.
- Clarkson's Independent Funeral Directors Ltd. (Funeral Service)
1437 yards to the southwest.
- The Jolly Sailor Feel Good Festival (Pub)
25 yards to the northwest.
Wikipedia has a page about Saltford Lock
Saltford Lock (grid reference ST692679) is situated on the River Avon, at the village of Saltford, between Bristol and Bath, England.
The lock and weir are overlooked by the remains of the Kelston Brass Mill, which was working until 1925. It is a grade II listed building. Alongside the lock is a pub, whose garden extends over the lock to the small island between the lock and weir. The lock was opened in 1727 and destroyed in 1738 (probably by rival coal dealers) to stop the use of the river for transportation.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or