Kelston Lock No 5
This is a lock with a rise of 3f1.
|Bath Marina||2 miles, 2½ furlongs|
|Newbridge Road Bridge No 208||2 miles, 2 furlongs|
|Kelston Park Railway Bridge (disused)||1 mile, 2 furlongs|
|Saltford Marina||¾ furlongs|
|Kelston Lock Weir Entrance||¼ furlongs|
|Kelston Lock No 5|
|The Shallows Railway Bridge No 210||2¼ furlongs|
|Saltford Lock Weir Entrance||6 furlongs|
|Saltford Lock No 4||6¼ furlongs|
|Swineford Lock Weir Entrance||1 mile, 3½ furlongs|
|Swineford Lock No 3||1 mile, 3¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalTravel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Bradford and Frome Road Wharves
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Somerset Coal Canal Junction Travel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Bradford and Frome Road Wharves
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Kelston Lock
Kelston Lock is a canal lock situated on the River Avon, between the villages of Kelston and Saltford, between Bristol and Bath, England.
The Bristol Avon Navigation, which runs the 15 miles (24 km) from the Kennet and Avon Canal at Hanham Lock to the Bristol Channel at Avonmouth, was constructed between 1724 and 1727, following legislation passed by Queen Anne, by a company of proprietors and the engineer John Hore of Newbury. The first cargo of 'Deal boards, Pig-Lead and Meal' arrived in Bath in December 1727. The navigation is now administered by the Canal & River Trust.
Above and below the lock and weir are permanent moorings. The Riverside Inn and Saltford Marina are also close by.
A branch of the river runs behind "Brass Mill Island" , named for the annealing ovens of the former brass mill. The mill closed in the 1840s.
- Sneddon Financial Planning (Financial Planner)
718 to the west.
- MBCounsellingsessions (Psychotherapist)
768 to the southwest.
- MyFace aesthetic clinic (Beauty)
989 to the west.
- Saltford Beauty (Beauty)
693 to the west.
- Heel to Heal Foot Health & Reflexology (Region)
1477 to the west.
- Yoga with Andrea Finus (Yoga Studio, Region)
1092 to the northwest.
- Kindle Stoves BathBristol (Local Service)
923 to the south.
- The Riverside Inn (Restaurant, Bed and Breakfast)
64 to the south.
- The Crown in Saltford (Arts & Entertainment)
486 to the west.
- Church 180 Turning Nations Back to Christ (Religious Center)
1346 to the east.
- Clarks Of Bristol Motor Company (Car Dealership)
1013 to the north.
- Bird in Hand (Gastropub)
545 to the north.
- Golden Moments Indian Restaurant (Indian Restaurant)
538 to the west.
- The Old Crown (Pub, British Restaurant)
1196 to the east.
- The Little Coffee Shop (Coffee Shop)
755 to the west.
- Off the Grid Solar New Zealand (Solar Energy Service, ShoppingRetail)
1186 to the east.
- Avon Valley Garage (Car Dealership)
515 to the south.
- The Doggy Lodge (Local Service)
1147 to the northwest.
- Saltford Marina (Marina)
44 to the south.
- Riverside Pub (Pub)
61 to the south.
- Avon County Rowing Club (Sports Club)
131 to the southwest.
- The Jolly Sailor (Gastropub, Fast Food Restaurant, Pub)
1091 to the north.
- Saltford Hall (Performance & Sports Venue)
1094 to the northwest.
- Saltford Golf Club (Golf Course)
791 to the southwest.
- Bath Soft Cheese Co. (Grocery Store)
1079 to the east.
- Saltford Lock (Local Service)
1102 to the north.
- Saltford Sports Club (Recreation & Fitness)
1113 to the northwest.
- Stothert & Pitt R.F.C (Sports Club)
1296 to the southeast.
- Saltford Garden Co (Local Service, Gardener)
587 to the northwest.
- Clarkson's Independent Funeral Directors Ltd. (Lifestyle Services, Funeral & Cemeteries Service)
647 to the west.
- Kelston Forge (Landscape Company, Real Estate Developer, Commercial & Industrial)
1137 to the east.
- Debs Design Flower Sculptures (Florist)
1087 to the west.
- Bath Shooting Company - Clay pigeon events, Trap Hire, Simulated Game Days (Archery Range)
1186 to the east.
- Saltford Brass Mill (Restaurant)
169 to the west.
- Greenfingers in Bristol Ltd (Landscape Company)
906 to the northwest.
- Liz Walton Therapies and Coaching (Personal Coach, Massage Service)
509 to the northwest.
- Saltford Community Association (Community Center)
1113 to the northwest.
- Saltford Building Services (Home, Construction Company)
1233 to the west.
- WWF Awareness (Charity Organization)
1273 to the west.
- Compare Currency (Travel Agency, Commercial Bank, Currency Exchange)
353 to the southwest.
- OHH Kitchens & Bars (Caterer)
1054 to the southeast.
- Hayward's Kitchen (Fast Food Restaurant)
788 to the southwest.