Kelston Lock No 5
Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Nationwide Building Society cashpoints (ATM machines) (3 miles and 3 furlongs away)
This is a lock with a rise of 3f1.
|Bath Marina||2 miles, 2½ furlongs|
|Newbridge Road Bridge No 208||2 miles, 2 furlongs|
|Kelston Park Railway Bridge (disused)||1 mile, 2½ furlongs|
|Saltford Marina||¾ furlongs|
|Kelston Lock Weir Entrance||¼ furlongs|
|Kelston Lock No 5|
|The Shallows Railway Bridge No 210||2½ furlongs|
|Saltford Lock Weir Entrance||6½ furlongs|
|Saltford Lock No 4||6¾ furlongs|
|Swineford Lock Weir Entrance||1 mile, 5 furlongs|
|Swineford Lock No 3||1 mile, 5¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalTravel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Bradford and Frome Road Wharves
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Somerset Coal Canal Junction Travel to River Avon Junction, then on the Kennet and Avon Canal (Main Line) to Bradford and Frome Road Wharves
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Kelston Lock
Kelston Lock is a canal lock situated on the River Avon, between the villages of Kelston and Saltford, between Bristol and Bath, England.
The Bristol Avon Navigation, which runs the 15 miles (24 km) from the Kennet and Avon Canal at Hanham Lock to the Bristol Channel at Avonmouth, was constructed between 1724 and 1727, following legislation passed by Queen Anne, by a company of proprietors and the engineer John Hore of Newbury. The first cargo of 'Deal boards, Pig-Lead and Meal' arrived in Bath in December 1727. The navigation is now administered by the Canal & River Trust.
Above and below the lock and weir are permanent moorings. The Riverside Inn and Saltford Marina are also close by.
A branch of the river runs behind "Brass Mill Island" , named for the annealing ovens of the former brass mill. The mill closed in the 1840s.
- The Old Crown (British Restaurant)
1308 yards to the east.
- Strong's Holistic Massage (Medical & Health)
1078 yards to the west.
- Sneddon Financial Planning (Financial Planner)
786 yards to the west.
- Kelston Forge (Landscape Company, Real Estate Developer)
1245 yards to the east.
- Saltford Beauty (Beauty, Cosmetic & Personal Care)
759 yards to the west.
- MyFace aesthetic clinic (Beauty, Cosmetic & Personal Care)
1083 yards to the west.
- Heel to Heal Foot Health & Reflexology (Region)
1615 yards to the west.
- Yoga with Andrea Finus (Yoga Studio, Region)
1194 yards to the northwest.
- Avon Valley Garage (Car Dealership)
564 yards to the south.
- The Crown in Saltford (Arts & Entertainment)
533 yards to the west.
- Bird in Hand (Gastropub)
597 yards to the north.
- Golden Moments Indian Restaurant (Indian Restaurant)
588 yards to the west.
- The Little Coffee Shop (Coffee Shop)
827 yards to the west.
- Off the Grid Solar New Zealand (Solar Energy Service, Shopping & Retail)
1297 yards to the east.
- The Doggy Lodge (Local Service, Local Business)
1255 yards to the northwest.
- The Riverside Inn (Restaurant Wholesaler, Bed and Breakfast, Pub)
232 yards to the northwest.
- Saltford Marina (Marina)
48 yards to the south.
- The Jolly Sailor (Gastropub, Fast Food Restaurant, Pub)
1193 yards to the north.
- Saltford Picnic Area by the River Avon (Picnic Ground)
396 yards to the northwest.
- Saltford Golf Club (Golf Course & Country Club)
865 yards to the southwest.
- Saltford Hall (Performance & Event Venue)
1196 yards to the northwest.
- Saltford Sports Club (Outdoor, Recreation & Fitness)
1218 yards to the northwest.
- Stothert & Pitt R.F.C (Sports Club)
1417 yards to the southeast.
- Triple J Scaffolding (Construction Company)
599 yards to the northwest.
- Debs Design Flower Sculptures (Florist)
1190 yards to the west.
- St James's Square, Bath (Street)
1379 yards to the south.
- Saltford Gardens (Local Service, Gardener)
642 yards to the northwest.
- Compare Currency (Commercial Bank, Currency Exchange)
387 yards to the southwest.
- OHH Kitchens & Bars (Caterer)
1153 yards to the southeast.
- Hayward's Kitchen (Fast Food Restaurant)
862 yards to the southwest.
- Liz Walton Therapies and Coaching (Personal Coach, Massage Service, Local Business)
558 yards to the northwest.
- Saltford Community Association (Community Center)
1218 yards to the northwest.
- Saltford Building Services (Home, Construction Company)
1350 yards to the west.
- Clarks Of Bristol Motor Company (Car Dealership, Local Business)
1109 yards to the north.