Old Ford Lock No 8
Facilities: chemical toilet disposal, rubbish disposal and water point.
This is a lock with a rise of 8f0.
|Liverpool Street to Stratford Railway Bridge||3¼ furlongs|
|Meath Crescent Footbridge||3 furlongs|
|Roman Road Bridge No 55||1½ furlongs|
|Hertford Union Junction||¾ furlongs|
|Old Ford Road Bridge No 54||½ furlongs|
|Old Ford Lock No 8|
|Bonner Hall Bridge No 53||1½ furlongs|
|Mare Street Bridge No 51||4¼ furlongs|
|Great Eastern Main Line Bridge No 50||4½ furlongs|
|Andrew's Road Winding Hole||5½ furlongs|
|Cat and Mutton Bridge No 49||6½ furlongs|
- V&A Museum of Childhood (Museum)
823 yards to the southwest.
- Bethnal Green London Underground Station (Train Station, Tourist Information)
974 yards to the southwest.
- London Chest Hospital (Landmark, Hospital)
287 yards to the west.
- City of Paris (Restaurant)
246 yards to the southwest.
- Drapers Bar & Kitchen (Restaurant, Night Club)
1172 yards to the south.
- The Approach Tavern (Restaurant, Pub)
471 yards to the west.
- Victoria Park (Public Places & Attractions)
1058 yards to the northeast.
- Somewhere in this world (Residence & Other)
261 yards to the southeast.
- Queen Mary University of London (Medical & Health, College & University, School)
986 yards to the south.
- Oval Space (Event Venue, Concert Venue, Nightlife)
1042 yards to the west.
- Field Day London (Arts & Entertainment)
369 yards to the east.
- Street Feast (Arts & Entertainment, Food Truck)
1227 yards to the west.
- Canal Gate, Victoria Park (Park)
596 yards to the northwest.
- Pavilion Cafe (Cafe)
227 yards to the northeast.
- Regents Lake Banqueting Venue (Park)
240 yards to the east.
- Boating Lake At Victoria Park (Boating)
209 yards to the northeast.
- Thai Room (Thai Restaurant)
236 yards to the southeast.
- Palm Tree (Pub, Arts & Entertainment, Bar)
580 yards to the southeast.
- Palmers Restaurant (Restaurant)
339 yards to the southeast.
- Regents Lake (Event, Park)
238 yards to the east.
- Hair Lounge (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
231 yards to the southwest.
Wikipedia has a page about Old Ford Lock
Old Ford Lock is a paired lock and weir on the River Lee Navigation, in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, England. It is at Bow on the east side of London. The area, Old Ford is named after the natural ford which used to exist in the area crossing the uncanalised River Lea.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or