Old Ford Lock No 8
Facilities: chemical toilet disposal, rubbish disposal and water point.
This is a lock with a rise of 8f0.
|Liverpool Street to Stratford Railway Bridge||3¼ furlongs|
|Meath Crescent Footbridge||3 furlongs|
|Roman Road Bridge No 55||1½ furlongs|
|Hertford Union Junction||¾ furlongs|
|Old Ford Road Bridge No 54||½ furlongs|
|Old Ford Lock No 8|
|Bonner Hall Bridge No 53||1½ furlongs|
|Mare Street Bridge No 51||4¼ furlongs|
|Great Eastern Main Line Bridge No 50||4½ furlongs|
|Cat and Mutton Bridge No 49||6¼ furlongs|
|Acton's Lock No 7||6¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
- The Approach Tavern (Restaurant, Pub)
435 to the west.
- The Victoria (Night Club)
612 to the southeast.
- The Camel Public House (Pub)
594 to the southwest.
- Pavilion Cafe & Bakery (Cafe)
208 to the northeast.
- Chisenhale Dance (Arts & Entertainment, Dance Instruction)
387 to the east.
- Mile End Climbing Wall (Rock Climbing)
631 to the southeast.
- Winterville (Outdoors, Arts & Entertainment)
427 to the northeast.
- Oval Space (Event Venue, Concert Venue, Nightlife)
957 to the west.
- Regents Canal, Victoria Park. (Park)
319 to the northwest.
- Boating Lake At Victoria Park (Boating)
182 to the northeast.
- East London Liquor Company (Bar, Commercial & Industrial)
282 to the east.
- Victoria Park Canal (Outdoors)
28 to the southwest.
- Soho Gyms Bow Wharf (Gym, Fitness Center)
271 to the east.
- Winter Attractions At Victoria Park (Amusement Park Ride)
414 to the northeast.
- Palm Tree (Bar)
531 to the southeast.
- Canal Gate, Victoria Park (Park)
602 to the northwest.
- Meath Crescent Bethnal Green (Residence)
568 to the south.
- York Hall, Bethnal Green (Gym, Event Venue, Spa)
149 to the southeast.
- Queen Mary University of London (College & University, Educational Research, Medical Research)
992 to the south.
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water pointThe nearest Water point is here. Others are at: On this waterway in the direction of Limehouse Basin Entrance
Nearest Rubbish disposalThe nearest Rubbish disposal is here. Others are at: On this waterway in the direction of Limehouse Basin Entrance On this waterway in the direction of Little Venice Travel to Little Venice, then on the Grand Union Canal (Paddington Branch) to Little Venice Services
Nearest Chemical toilet disposalThe nearest Chemical toilet disposal is here. Others are at: On this waterway in the direction of Limehouse Basin Entrance On this waterway in the direction of Little Venice Travel to Hertford Union Junction, then on the Grand Union Canal (Hertford Union Canal) to Hertford Union Canal Junction, then on the Lee and Stort Navigation (River Lee: commercial section) to Tottenham Lock No 17 Travel to Little Venice, then on the Grand Union Canal (Paddington Branch) to Little Venice Services
Nearest Place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Old Ford Lock
Old Ford Lock is a paired lock and weir on the River Lee Navigation, in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, England. It is at Bow on the east side of London. The area, Old Ford is named after the natural ford which used to exist in the area crossing the uncanalised River Lea.