Old Ford Lock No 8
This is a lock with a rise of 8f0.
|Meath Gardens Footbridge No 55A||3 furlongs|
|The Palm Tree PH||2½ furlongs|
|Roman Road Bridge No 55||1½ furlongs|
|Hertford Union Junction||¾ furlongs|
|Old Ford Road Bridge No 54||½ furlongs|
|Old Ford Lock No 8|
|Victoria Park Services||¼ furlongs|
|Victoria Park Visitor Moorings||¾ furlongs|
|Bonner Hall Bridge No 53||1½ furlongs|
|Mare Street Bridge No 51||4¼ furlongs|
|Great Eastern Main Line Bridge No 50||4½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointOn this waterway in the direction of Little Venice
Nearest rubbish disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Little Venice Travel to Hertford Union Junction, then on the Grand Union Canal (Hertford Union Canal) to Hertford Union Canal Junction, then on the Lee and Stort Navigation (River Lee: commercial section) to Old Ford Lock No 19
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Little Venice
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-out
Nearest boatyard pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Little Venice
Wikipedia has a page about Old Ford Lock
Old Ford Lock is a paired lock and weir on the River Lee Navigation, in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, England. It is at Bow on the east side of London. The area, Old Ford is named after the natural ford which used to exist in the area crossing the uncanalised River Lea.
- Mile End Climbing Wall (Gym, Rock Climbing)
578 to the southeast.
- Pavilion Cafe & Bakery (Dessert Place, Cafe, Coffee Shop)
201 to the northeast.
- Regents Canal, Victoria Park. (Sports & Recreation)
343 to the northwest.
- Bethnal Green (East London) (Train Station)
776 to the southwest.
- York Hall, Bethnal Green (Event Venue, Gym, Spa)
149 to the southeast.
- East London Liquor Company (Bar, Commercial & Industrial)
267 to the east.
- USA (Shopping Service, ShoppingRetail)
975 to the north.
- Soho Gyms Bow Wharf (Gym)
282 to the east.
- Regents Lake Banqueting Venue (Event Venue)
209 to the east.
- Pavilion Cafe, Victoria Park (Cafe)
207 to the northeast.
- The Crown Pub (Bar, British Restaurant, Pub)
289 to the east.
- The Chesterfield (Cafe)
414 to the east.
- Mile End Park Canal (Park)
481 to the southeast.
- Palm Tree (Pub)
525 to the southeast.
- Lovebox (Arts & Entertainment, Event Planner, Event)
697 to the northeast.
- Winterville Victoria Park (Movie Theater)
435 to the northeast.
- St Barnabas Parish Church (Anglican Church, Community Center)
406 to the southeast.
- City of Paris (Indian Restaurant)
225 to the southwest.
- Queen Mary University of London (College & University, Educational Research)
992 to the south.