Old Ford Lock No 8
Facilities: chemical toilet disposal, rubbish disposal and water point.
This is a lock with a rise of 8f0.
|Liverpool Street to Stratford Railway Bridge||3¼ furlongs|
|Meath Crescent Footbridge||3 furlongs|
|Roman Road Bridge No 55||1½ furlongs|
|Hertford Union Junction||¾ furlongs|
|Old Ford Road Bridge No 54||½ furlongs|
|Old Ford Lock No 8|
|Bonner Hall Bridge No 53||1½ furlongs|
|Mare Street Bridge No 51||4¼ furlongs|
|Great Eastern Main Line Bridge No 50||4½ furlongs|
|Cat and Mutton Bridge No 49||6¼ furlongs|
|Acton's Lock No 7||6¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water pointThe nearest Water point is here. Others are at: On this waterway in the direction of Limehouse Basin Entrance
Nearest Rubbish disposalThe nearest Rubbish disposal is here. Others are at: On this waterway in the direction of Limehouse Basin Entrance On this waterway in the direction of Little Venice Travel to Little Venice, then on the Grand Union Canal (Paddington Branch) to Little Venice Services
Nearest Chemical toilet disposalThe nearest Chemical toilet disposal is here. Others are at: On this waterway in the direction of Limehouse Basin Entrance On this waterway in the direction of Little Venice Travel to Hertford Union Junction, then on the Grand Union Canal (Hertford Union Canal) to Hertford Union Canal Junction, then on the Lee and Stort Navigation (River Lee: commercial section) to Tottenham Lock No 17 Travel to Little Venice, then on the Grand Union Canal (Paddington Branch) to Little Venice Services
Nearest Place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Old Ford Lock
Old Ford Lock is a paired lock and weir on the River Lee Navigation, in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, England. It is at Bow on the east side of London. The area, Old Ford is named after the natural ford which used to exist in the area crossing the uncanalised River Lea.
- Morning Gloryville London (Dance Club, Alternative & Holistic Health)
965 to the west.
- Muhammed M Alam (Translator)
288 to the southwest.
- Apolaki Krav Maga - London (Martial Arts)
720 to the south.
- INK (Diner)
599 to the southeast.
- The Camel Public House (Pub)
594 to the southwest.
- The Pickle Factory (Event Venue)
908 to the west.
- Pavilion Cafe & Bakery (Coffee Shop, Cafe)
202 to the northeast.
- Chisenhale Dance (Dance Instruction, Arts & Entertainment)
385 to the east.
- Mile End Climbing Wall (Rock Climbing)
636 to the southeast.
- Oval Space (Concert Venue, Event Venue, Nightlife)
953 to the west.
- Regents Canal, Victoria Park. (Park)
343 to the northwest.
- Boating Lake At Victoria Park (Boating)
182 to the northeast.
- Bethnal Green (East London) (Public Transportation, Community & Government)
832 to the west.
- East London Liquor Company (Bar, Commercial & Industrial)
282 to the east.
- victoria park,mile end (Sports & Recreation)
453 to the northeast.
- The Chesterfield (Coffee Shop)
439 to the east.
- Soho Gyms Bow Wharf (Gym, Fitness Center)
271 to the east.
- Regents Lake Banqueting Venue (Event Venue)
222 to the east.
- Regents Canal, Mile End (Outdoors)
828 to the southeast.
- Canal Gate, Victoria Park (Park)
602 to the northwest.
- Palm Tree (Bar)
525 to the southeast.
- York Hall, Bethnal Green (Gym, Event Venue, Spa)
149 to the southeast.
- Meath Crescent Bethnal Green (Residence)
568 to the south.
- Keystones Properties (Real Estate Agent)
393 to the south.